Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a thought...

Go down 
+12
GrandNational
Todd Jaymz
Stender
MetalRob331
Wargod
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
kmorg
mc666
EvyMetal
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:35 am

Is it me or does it seem like bands are taking forever to release albums now days? Who knows if Guns 'n Roses will ever release its album and Tourniquet is sure taking a long time too.
Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:48 am

Maybe we will get lucky and the GNR will NEVER be released! That would be awesome and make the world a much more pleasant place.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Maybe we will get lucky and the GNR will NEVER be released! That would be awesome and make the world a much more pleasant place.

I'm just curious what it will sound like. Axl could end up with egg on his face. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:19 am

It's definately not just you. Bands do take ages to come out with albums these days. And, most of the time the albums are only mediocre.

What happened to the days when bands would release classic album after classic album? Led Zeppelin released their first four albums (four of the greatest rock albums of all time) in approximately 2.5 years; KISS released six classic studio albums and 2 classic live albums (one of which is a mega-classic) in 3.5 years; Aerosmith released a classic album every year from 1973-1978 (1979, if you count NITR).

Something isn't adding up here.

Stop touring so much!!! It's cool to tour so the fans can see you. But, is it really necessary to visit the same city several times on the same tour? RECORD! PLEASE! We need some classics. They don't come that often anymore.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 am

If you're talking about Metallica, I've given up on them. I don't care anymore.
Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:51 am

troublezone wrote:
Is it me or does it seem like bands are taking forever to release albums now days? Who knows if Guns 'n Roses will ever release its album and Tourniquet is sure taking a long time too.
I would think Tourniquet is taking a long time because they're poor. Axl is just crazy. But I do think that bands are taking longer these days in general, but I believe that's simply due to the fact that labels aren't backing the bands, or support their albums. This is why bands tour much more these days; they need the money.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 am

i still look forward to albums, no matter how long it takes.

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:35 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

Laughing very hard
It's so f**kin funny I have to agree
Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:

What happened to the days when bands would release classic album after classic album? Led Zeppelin released their first four albums (four of the greatest rock albums of all time) in approximately 2.5 years; KISS released six classic studio albums and 2 classic live albums (one of which is a mega-classic) in 3.5 years; Aerosmith released a classic album every year from 1973-1978 (1979, if you count NITR).

I'll tell you what hapened. Back in the god ol days the music just came out and labums were the hits. If they topped the charts they topped the charts with a album. Look at Pink Floyd, they released Dark Side Of The Moon and it went in the charts. Of course they had hits and all but the album topped the charts.

Now days they want every song to be a hit and they don't just let it come out of them anymore. That's my hypothosis.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:51 am

TQT is looking for a decent record contract. Anyone wanna sign an almost Christian metal act, that refuses to tour, and want money in advance to record anything, TQT is the band for you!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 am

I have been waiting for the new Dokken (my all time second favorite band) for over a year; and it just got pushed back another month or so. It's very frustrating to keep getting samples here and there and not be able to go out and buy the actual cd, but there are much worse things in life I have to contend with. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 am

It does seem like that "back in the day", albums were released on a much more frequent basis.

Do you think it's because today's technology allows the bands to take more time and "over-produce" the music, whereas back in the 70's, bands just went in, knocked out the tunes and put it out there, warts and all?

Since I've been going to both Kmorg's & Ult's sites and posting on these boards, I never seem to have a shortage of "new music" to spend my hard-earned sheckles on, so it doesn't bother me too much when some of my favorite band's take their time in the studio. Except for one...

Sorry Unc and walk of man, but I'll be one of those guys anxiously awaiting ANY new GnR material.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Speaking of delays...

According to a posting on the KISS fan site KissNews.de, original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's much-anticipated new album — which was originally expected this spring — has been delayed until the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 pm

The two biggest reasons are:

1. lack of financial support (i.e. many of them have to work day jobs now)

OR

too much financial support (i.e. they've already made it and don't have to make money anymore or feel that they have to prove themselves anymore.

AND

2. These bands are getting older.
Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:00 pm

For all the greatness of the WWW and how easy it is to get music it has affected how fast groups will put out music. Unless your a top 40 act the label won't give much support which slows down the process. They tour to break even.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I think it depends on the bands. I think some put out a cd a year just to please us without really putting forth a real effort. And then there are those who put time money and creativity into what they do so it will be a good end product!

Wargod48

NP: Black Sun - Tyrant From A Foreign Land
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:27 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
It's definately not just you. Bands do take ages to come out with albums these days. And, most of the time the albums are only mediocre.

Stop touring so much!!! It's cool to tour so the fans can see you. But, is it really necessary to visit the same city several times on the same tour? RECORD! PLEASE! We need some classics. They don't come that often anymore.

You need to understand that touring is pretty much the only way the band makes money. Record sales really do nothing for the band as far as financially. If they dont tour then they will become broke and we wouldnt hear from some great bands anymore. This especially goes for the Rock and Metal world..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm not really mad about this anymore because I have been finding some great discs that came out decades ago when I was either not born yet or to stupid to buy when they came out. I have only been listening to quality metal for a few years now so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:20 pm

The Foo Fighters seem to put something out every year. Not that i like them but they have an old school work ethic of just (getting it out there).
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:43 pm

It seems that I read these threads and people forget about the band members life outside the band. I'm sure most of you have wives or girlfriends, family or full time jobs. I think some of the equasion is have stability outside the band, just a thought-TJ
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:13 am

kmorg wrote:
TQT is looking for a decent record contract. Anyone wanna sign an almost Christian metal act, that refuses to tour, and want money in advance to record anything, TQT is the band for you!

Nice one KMORG. I think many people will agree with you on this one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 am

kmorg wrote:

They're in no position to be asking for so much don't ya think? They are only hurting themselves and people will eventually lose interest.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 pm

I've noticed that in some cases as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:07 pm

kmorg wrote:

What do you mean an "almost Christian metal act"?
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:48 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:

Bands have to tour extensively in order to make money. And if a band needs to take 4 or 5 years to make an incredible album, then so be it. I'd rather wait to get a killer album, then for a band that I love to spit out crappy albums every year....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thought...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next