Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On Second Thought...

Go down 
+23
krokus
skullsmasher
Lurideath
kmorg
Invader
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
jstate
akeldama
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Stender
exact33
thejokeriv
the sentinel
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

On Second Thought... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Celtic Frost- Cold Lake

Took me years to actually pick it up again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:14 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
"clears throat"

HED P.E. - Blackout - was taking it to a store to sell and on a whim put it in the car one last time....and was hammered. Somehow it hit me. I love that CD! I don't care much for the genre, but that album floors me.

Allen/Lande - The Battle - didn't hate it, but after 3 listens (my normal attempt...3 strikes and all...) Well, I was gonna trade it off. But I listened to it again...and again....and again. Next thing you know it's one of my favorites ever....a true 10/10. To think I almost canned it!

I thought I was the only one listening to HED on the forum! I havnt heard Blackout but I like Insomnia, only in Amerika, and Back to base.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
"clears throat"

HED P.E. - Blackout - was taking it to a store to sell and on a whim put it in the car one last time....and was hammered. Somehow it hit me. I love that CD! I don't care much for the genre, but that album floors me.

Allen/Lande - The Battle - didn't hate it, but after 3 listens (my normal attempt...3 strikes and all...) Well, I was gonna trade it off. But I listened to it again...and again....and again. Next thing you know it's one of my favorites ever....a true 10/10. To think I almost canned it!

You mean I need to give that freakin' Allen/Lande disc another shot?

Forget it. It's for sale. Too much other music to listen to.

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:52 am

Motörhead - Orgasmatron
I didn't like this album when I first got it, the only song I liked was the title track. Few years later I thought I would give it another chance - as one of my friends said it was his favorite Motörhead album - and I liked it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 am

Down - Nola

I got that one years ago as a promo copy, at the time having no idea who was in the band. I listened to it for about a minute, thought it sucked and stuck it in a box of other junk. Fast forward a few years later, when their 2nd cd was coming out. By then I was familiar with Phil from Pantera and Pepper from COC and forgot I even owned Nola. I was moving out of my apartment into my current home when I found the disc. Been a big fan ever since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Quote :
Not the subject matter, the music itself.

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure what's so funny though. There is nothing funny about those tunes.

A lot of non-metal fans laugh at our music. Who cares? On Second Thought... - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:10 pm

I second Queensrÿche's - Rage For Order. I'll add Operation: Mindcrime and Empire too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Here's another:

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Slayer - Divine Intervention

At first I hated it. I kept trying to like it but never could. I gave it a 2 year break and listened again and was surprised that it was actually good. I still hate Seasons in the Abyss though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:36 am

Grave Digger. At first I could not get used to the vocals but I kept listening and now I think they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:39 am

The first Grave Digger song I heard was 'Lancelot' off Excalibur. I thought the vocals were crap and the song sounded awkward. This is before I heard 'Rebellion' and became obsessed with it and bought every album. I still don't like 'Lancelot', but they're just one of the most solid bands around, and Chris = rule. I just needed to hear more of the right songs/context to get what they were going for, then I figured it out. Very Happy headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:21 pm

I find that grower bands tend to be the ones I like the most years later.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm

There have a lot of bands like the ones that have been mentioned that I have not really cared for then come back to them later and really end up liking them. There seem to just about as many that I used to really like and find it hard to get into them now.

Rolling Stones and Led Zep were bands that I could not understand how they were considered to be so great when I was younger but as the years have gone by I find I like and appreciate them more and more.

Ratt and Poison were bands I used to really like and now I have a hard time listening to either of these bands, I don't hate 'em I just don't get too jazzed about them any more.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:08 pm

POISON:NATIVE TONGUE. I first hated it for years but i played it a year ago again and liked it more. Still not my fave POISON album.
Y&T:ENDANGERED SPECIES. Didnt like it when it came out, now i do.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Going back and listening to Megadeth's RISK years later, I actually kinda sorta like some of it. In fact (shock, horror!) I think I like it better than its follow up, THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO, which was recently discussed elsewhere on this forum and described as the "return to form" album after the RISK disaster.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Going back and listening to Megadeth's RISK years later, I actually kinda sorta like some of it. In fact (shock, horror!) I think I like it better than its follow up, THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO, which was recently discussed elsewhere on this forum and described as the "return to form" album after the RISK disaster.

I'm still not crazy about Risk, but I don't hate it anymore either. It's got some ok tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm still not crazy about Risk, but I don't hate it anymore either. It's got some ok tunes on it.

"Insom-nee-om-nee-om-nee-om-nee..." 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Aerosmith - Just Push Play

When it first came out, there were songs I automatically liked, but it had a lot of filler too. I listened to it a few weeks ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed all of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Prince of daaaaarkneeeesss!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:18 am

I've got wanderlust...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's almost as bad as the "tic...tic...tic..tic" of Frantic.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Black Sabbath-Technical Ecstacy-used to hate it, I hated "Rock n Roll Doctor", "All Moving Parts Stand Still', I hated the cover the production etc. About a year and a half after buying I thought that this album isn't so bad after all, still far from one of favorite Sabbath albums but I have grown to like the album.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Exodus - Shovel Headed Kill Machine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill. Just wasn't the same after hearing COF-FBD, like it now, though it's still their 5th best right under RTS

Iced Earth - everything i found them to be extremely boring at first, now their one of my all time favorite bands
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
"clears throat"

You mean I need to give that freakin' Allen/Lande disc another shot?

Forget it. It's for sale. Too much other music to listen to.

Loved The Battle from the first spin. One of my favorite CDs ever by the fifth time I heard it. Toho, you are a little more anal about music than the rest of us methinks, nothing wrong with that BTW. The Revenge was the one I had a hard time getting into, mainly because the music was a little more layered than it was in The Battle, but now I love both (Battle still more than Revenge.

Dream Theater-Systematic Chaos: Being the huge Dream Theater fan, I was ready for another stellar release like Images & Words, Awake, and Scenes From A Memory instead I got another O.K. release like Falling Into Infinity, Six Degrees, Train Of Thought, and Octivarium (secretly I think I was just burnt out on DT). Now I like the album (not love, but like) and consider it somewhat better than Six Degrees and Octivarium.

Fates Warning-Awaken The Guardian: I was used to later FW by that time and wasn't prepared for what I heard. Now I have it again and really like it.

Arena-Contagion: Certain songs stood out more than the rest and I only listened to them. Later I listened to the whole thing and now love it. Definatly one of the best pro rock albums ever and I can't wait to find more from them.

Galactic Cowboys-s/t: Liked the first two songs but wasn't too impressed with the rest. Now I like the whole thing.

Bon Jovi-Keep The Faith: Loved the radio hits but couldn't get into the rest (or I didn't try very hard to) but now I love the whole album especially Dry County (one of the best songs ever written IMO.

Sonata Arctica-Unia: Not what I was used to with SA but it turned out to be one of the few CDs that needed to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Second Thought...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next