Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cynic - Traced In Air

Go down 
+8
Stender
Lurideath
stevegarveyfan
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
nevermore
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Piss on TheGooch.

By the way, I really dig this album. It has to be taken on its own merits, though. It's not like Focus. Sure, it's still heavy, progressive, with death metal and those weird robotic vocals. But it's clean. It doesn't have that deep, raw sound of Focus. It's crisp and clean.

So while that does leave you wanting that heavier sound of Focus, if you can get past that it's not Focus, or Focus II, then it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:31 pm

I have liked all the songs that I have heard from this album, so I can't wait to get this.

The release date has been changed to November 17th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:47 pm

So it's not the Focus that did Hocus Pocus? *just kidding*
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Piss on TheGooch.

By the way, I really dig this album. It has to be taken on its own merits, though. It's not like Focus. Sure, it's still heavy, progressive, with death metal and those weird robotic vocals. But it's clean. It doesn't have that deep, raw sound of Focus. It's crisp and clean.

So while that does leave you wanting that heavier sound of Focus, if you can get past that it's not Focus, or Focus II, then it's a great album.

Oh please do, it would be kind of kinky don't you think?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:10 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Piss on TheGooch.

Oh please do, it would be kind of kinky don't you think?

Shocked anyway, what is the album like, I get what eyesore said about it not being focus 2 but being good, but is it heavier on the progressive side or the death metal side?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:15 pm

in answer to your question i checked out the stuff on the myspace and it more prog than death IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Neither of you have heard Focus, huh?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm

wrong. i have Focus on cd
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:32 pm

The release date was pushed back from October 28 to November 25. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Neither of you have heard Focus, huh?

nope, hoped to bundle with this when it came out. the only stuff I've heard is from the videos of them playing live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 pm

I read that the Japanese version of Traced in Air has three bonus tracks. Does anyone know about this?

I presume they are only remixes of tracks, but I'm still curious to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I read that the Japanese version of Traced in Air has three bonus tracks. Does anyone know about this?

I presume they are only remixes of tracks, but I'm still curious to know.
Could be the two demos and live track released on the promo sampler they gave away in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:41 pm

That seems like it could be it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm

I got the album in the mail yesterday.

It's good, although significantly mellower than Focus, although I was expecting that. I know there are a lot of people who hated the more "robotic" (as some people have called them) vocals. Almost all of the vocals on Traced in Air fit that mold, with not many of the death growls, so if you didn't like Focus for that reason, you'll probably hate this album.

The album is pretty good "chill/mellow out" type music, though, in my opinion. I like it as a whole, although Focus is definitely the better album of the two. "The Unknown Guest" is the best song on it.

Also, the packaging of the album is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:54 pm

I want this. Still haven't picked it up yet. So many cds, so little money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cynic - Traced In Air
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2