Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cynic - Traced In Air

Go down 
+8
Stender
Lurideath
stevegarveyfan
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
nevermore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cynic - Traced In Air Empty
PostSubject: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 pm

So that's the new album title. I'm looking forward this this one.

I am a bit worried, however. We all know about that "robotic" effect that was used on a lot of the clean vocals from the first album. For me, that worked. It was unique and it gave the album its identity, I think. But I'm not so sure that sound can be replicated, especially 15 years later.

Earlier this year, the band gave away a two-song promo with some demos on it. I uploaded it HERE and added the live track that was released elsewhere. The songs are cool, but the "robotic" vocals are not right. They're different from those on Focus, I think. In fact, I think they're not as robotic-sounding, and for whatever reason, that disappoints me.

Plus, Paul has gone on to do some really mellow stuff since Cynic's early days, so this album has more of that vibe than the early technical death metal sound of the early Cynic material. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'll need to listen to the new album a bit before I make final judgement. The new tracks are good, don't get me wrong, but it's not the Cynic of old. On the surface, it is, but this is a different band now.

Still looking forward to it, though! 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm looking forward to this one,too.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 pm

is there a release date yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:59 pm

October 27th.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

This might be cool as long as they weave the death metal style in there like they did before. If they go all PORTAL and 100% jazzy I think it will be dullsville.

Congrats to Tymon on getting his dream gig with CYNIC! EXIVIOUS were the best CYNIC clone band of all-time (sorry MARTYR Sad ) .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Awesome! This is now on the top of my "CDs I could give a crap about but don't" list. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Did you guys miss the tracks I uploaded?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:57 pm

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 pm

I would love to see a proper releasing of all the Portal stuff sometime.

I'm only sort of worried about this new one, but I'll definitely give it a fair chance. The robot stuff sounds cool from the video, sounds smooth. I hope with some of the songs they go even more far out than they have before, whether they do it within the context of metal or not. But the record should be suitably heavy in an overall sense.

I just saw the cover for the promo and it looks awesome! I'll buy it just for how it looks if they keep the same scheme on the full album. Razz But I don't know if I want to spin full tracks of demos and get really familiar with those before any finished songs come out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Back when I had all my studio equipment I mastered the Portal stuff. Not seriously mastering it, but it does sound crisper than what's out there to be downloaded.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:34 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Do your ever read the conversations you're attempting to be a part of? You're always asking questions that have already been answered. READ!

New album cover:

Cynic - Traced In Air 2818713752_e2520f2d14

That's pretty snazzy.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Man, that album artwork in reminiscent of old death metal covers. Looks like a vintage work from Dan Seagrave. Did he do this one?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:40 pm

This cover was done by the same artist who did the "Focus" cover. His name is Robert Venosa.

Just got the demo you posted Eyesore. I'm definitely spinning this soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:08 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Man, that album artwork in reminiscent of old death metal covers. Looks like a vintage work from Dan Seagrave. Did he do this one?
Seagrave is awesome, but it's not by him. Like someone said, it's the same guy that did Focus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 pm

is there a release date yet?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
is there a release date yet?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 am

october 27 (28th in USA)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 am

TheGooch wrote:
october 27 (28th in USA)
thinking
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
october 27 (28th in USA)
thinking

its the release date durr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:16 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
october 27 (28th in USA)
thinking
its the release date durr
Do you find yourself funny?
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Hopefully Cynic will deliver the goods.

Focus was a good album.

Cynic - Traced In Air 25679
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Cynic - Traced In Air PeanutButterAndCrack

Need some more Cynic... PB&Cynic sandwich..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Do your ever read the conversations you're attempting to be a part of? You're always asking questions that have already been answered. READ!

New album cover:

Cynic - Traced In Air 2818713752_e2520f2d14

That's pretty snazzy.

i dont know why that came up twice as i read the whole thing

well i preordered this one cos the cover looks awesome
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:01 pm

I heard this comes out October 27. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Cynic - Traced In Air   Cynic - Traced In Air Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cynic - Traced In Air
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next