Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+8
rattpoison
mc666
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
Stender
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Shiney
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread   The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 am

My ticket was 26.50 and the shirt I bought was 20. Not bad for a night out. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread   The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 am

spectrefate wrote:
My ticket was 26.50 and the shirt I bought was 20. Not bad for a night out. Smile

Yea, rub it in, why don't ya? The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 337331
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread   The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:13 am

Thought I would post this here for those interested and also it gives another chance for those that hate Henry to run their mouths about it.

Punk rock icon Henry Rollins will take part in an online chat tomorrow (Tuesday, October 28th at 3:00 p.m. EST via the WashingtonPost.com web site. He will answer questions and share his views on the upcoming election, the current administration, the media, and more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread   The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Bump for some Henry news.

I viewed a live on-line chat today with Mr. Rollins. Most of the conversation was based on his recurring role on the tv show Sons of Anarchy. I pulled a few things that might be of interest to music dorks such as ourselves.

Outside of SoA, I know you'll soon be announcing spoken word dates. Is music, even producing, a definite thing of the past?

Henry Rollins: I have not thought of any music stuff. I can't do something unless I am really feeling it, so, if it's not keeping me up at night, I leave it alone.

If you could choose any soundtrack for the episodes you'll be appearing in, Henry, what would it be?

Henry Rollins: A soundtrack? Like a finished score? i don't know. For me, the show is song driven musically. High On Fire's music might be a good addition.

Out of Black Flag, S.O.A., and Rollins Band, which band was most enjoyable to play and write music with?

Henry Rollins: Rollins Band. Black Flag was a very good band but a very tense working environment more often than not.

Hi Henry, What do you enjoy more singer-songwriter, spoken word artist, writer, publisher, actor or radio DJ

Henry Rollins: The radio work is the funnest because it's the least pressure. The talking shows are the hardest but the most rewarding. The writing is an almost impossible thing to make good.

What current bands to you listen to if any at all

Henry Rollins: Dax Riggs, Wolf Eyes, Dinosaur Jr.. Tinariwen, Tartit, These Are Powers, Vieux Farka Toure, Evens, The Mae Shi, Jay Reatard, etc.

Desert Island...If you could only have one book, move and cd?

Henry Rollins: Of Time and The River by Thomas Wolfe. The Black Album by The Damned and Blazing Saddles.

PostSubject: Re: The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread   The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Henry Rollins Appreciation Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3