Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Limited Editions?

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Anyone like these at all? I buy them all the time some have extra features on them, bonus tracks, jpegs, posters.

To me they are unique and most likely gonna be rare!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:53 pm

I like'em but I don't go out of my way to look for'em...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:40 pm

I have some. I dig 'em. I especially dig 'em when they have cool
packaging. I have this wooden box edition of Running Wild's Maquerade.

I also have a special edition of Nevermore's Dead Heart in a Dead World. It has a box, poster, sticker, extra tracks, etc.

Have several special edition Aerosmith albums.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:42 pm

i have a few... but freddy, i don't make it a point to look for them. if it happens to be one, fine.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:43 pm

They're usually too expensive for my taste. Extra tracks are cool, but the rest of the bells & whistles don't interest me enough to spend 2 or 3 more times than the regular release.
Back to top Go down

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:07 am

In my opinion, nothing but unreleased bonus tracks (not live tracks) makes these things worth the money. Demo tracks are cool, and DVDs are cool, too. But I couldn't care less about live tracks, unless it's a jam band that seriously changes a song up live. Photos, screensavers, even video tracks are pretty much worthless to me, as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 6:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
In my opinion, nothing but unreleased bonus tracks (not live tracks) makes these things worth the money. Demo tracks are cool, and DVDs are cool, too. But I couldn't care less about live tracks, unless it's a jam band that seriously changes a song up live. Photos, screensavers, even video tracks are pretty much worthless to me, as well.

I agree. The bonus unreleased tracks are what make me want the special editions (sometimes replacing releases I already own)
Back to top Go down

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have this wooden box edition of Running Wild's Maquerade

that is one sexy item, I have it too.

I also like the rhapsody large books that LMP released, that company always do great packages.
Back to top Go down

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Locky wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I have this wooden box edition of Running Wild's Maquerade

that is one sexy item, I have it too.

I also like the rhapsody large books that LMP released, that company always do great packages.
LMP are awesome! Their limited releases are outstanding. And I love their "The Story So Far..." additions to albums. They're definitely a great label.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 am

Of course i like them. Their is not anything to dislike about it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm

Almost all me new releases are so called Limited Editions, which basically means digi-pack, w/bonus track or DVD.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 1:21 pm

I am a sucker for remastering and digipacks so I tend to buy alot of limited editions. I am just the kind of sucker the record companies love. HA!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Limited Editions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited Editions?   Limited Editions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limited Editions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: