Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die

Go down 
+17
steel warrior
manny
sam
DallasBlack
TheGooch
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
UltraMagnus007
exact33
scottmitchell74
krokus
Wargod
ultmetal
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
mez
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:23 pm

mez wrote:
Has anyone else picked this album up yet since its release. It is simply amazing and may get album of the year for me. So good!

Not album of the year but, it's a great release. I loved every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:01 am

sam wrote:
mez wrote:
Has anyone else picked this album up yet since its release. It is simply amazing and may get album of the year for me. So good!

Not album of the year but, it's a great release. I loved every minute of it.

I got it on the post today for 15,95 euros, not bad. I didnt play it yet but will soon. I love BLAZE BAYLEY and i think he is a very nice guy too, very friendly and caring about his fans, taking his time to talk to them after concerts etc...he deserve to sell many cd´s.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:21 am

I didn't know this was out yet, but I'd like to get it. I like Blaze's solo works.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I want it but its like $25. So it'll have to wait

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:34 pm

This time most of the money goes to BLAZE BAYLEY and the rest of the band. The 5 members of the BBBAND are making the same money and without a record companie to Smurf them up i hope they sell a lot and that soon they can release a new album again and again and again.
I listen to THE MAN WHO WOULD NOT DIE today for the first time and its just very good. British heavy metal the way we all love it. BUY OR DI E
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:46 pm

When I preordered it he had a deal where the whole band would autograph the album so I jumped at the chance, and sure enough they signed it, not even cheesy signed that looks like it was part of the sleeve it is the real deal, which I respect all the more. Blaze is a really cool dude. Hope his album sells well, and even more so I hope his wife pulls through and recovers 100%
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm

sad news for Blaze

BLAZE BAYLEY's Wife Passes Away - Sep. 27, 2008

Larry Paterson, the drummer of former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE vocalist Blaze Bayley — whose wife/manager Debbie collapsed at the couple's home in Tamworth, UK on July 6 — has released the following statement:

"Sadly, I have to let you all know that Blaze's wife Debbie has passed away in hospital this morning. I know that Blaze has always appreciated the massive amount of supportive emails and letters for Debbie and he, and many were passed on to Debbie in hospital.

"Blaze is understandably not here to write anything so if you don't mind, I would like to write something here about Debbie. I didn't meet Debbie until I auditioned for the band in September 2007. She was always a very genuine person who laughed easily and enjoyed life and she and Blaze were obviously a very strong couple that loved each other totally. I know she was also extremely proud of Blaze, and should have been very proud of herself for helping Blaze 'come back' from what was a dark period for him.

"When I learned that Debbie — the singer's wife — was the band manager, with no previous experience, I had to admit that I was sceptical. I have seen 'Spinal Tap'... and been in enough bands to know that often a situation like that doesn't work! But I was so very impressed with her. She grabbed the job and ran with it... surpassing everybody's expectations (apart from Blaze's, who knew what she was capable of) with her abilities, proving to be both tough and strong in all aspects of the job and life. She shared the same ups and downs, slept on the same airport floors, spent hours and hours in negotiations and ALWAYS cared about the welfare of 'her boys' before everything else. She was bloody brilliant and I am just glad that we all told her that on several occassions. Debbie was also a very supportive friend whatever personal circumstances were happening, and she was always there when you needed her.

"On July 5th, we all went to the IRON MAIDEN show at Twickenham and were fortunate enough to be at the aftershow party. Debbie was like a proud mum as Nico [Bermudez, guitar], Dave [Bermudez, bass] and I were buzzing to be in the company of some of our heroes. She looked so happy that my girlfriend took this photo [see below] on her phone and immediately sent it to her. The album was two days away from release and everything going so well. She had been instrumental in turning around the band's fortunes since 2007. The next day she fell ill.

"Blaze has lost his wife, her family have lost a daughter and sister, the band has lost its manager and we have all lost a very good friend. The world is a poorer place for it."

Bayley and Debbie got married on February 14, 2007 on the island of Gran Canaria.

In a May 2008 interview with HeavyMetal.no, Bayley stated, "I had a lot of problems with alcohol, severe depression, almost had a breakdown at the end of [the] 'Tenth Dimension' [album cycle], smurfed about by the record company, totally broke, I'd spent all my money of trying to keep the band together. I was absolutely smurfed. I was just about keeping going, and then I met my wife. And she'd known me... We've known each other for 18 years. 20 years. We were apart for years, because I follow this passion for music, and Debbie was following her passion, she was a dancer, and then she got her own hair business, and then we met again, when I was at my lowest. My wife found me, and really made me believe again, that it wasn't all my fault, it wasn't the fact that people didn't like what I was doing, it was the fact that they didn't actually know that I was doing anything at all. So that was a big difference. So that's it. She supported it, then I had incredible support from my family, my friends, and the fans who stuck by me was just incredible. With that kind of support, and with my wife behind me, helping me sort myself out, [I got] through my drinking problems, depression and all of that."
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:42 pm

krokus wrote:
I didnt like him very much in WOLFSBANE and IRON MAIDEN but love his solo albums and will buy his new album too of course. cool british heavy metal.

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Sad to hear about his wife.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 am

This is an awesome album! 10/10 🤘
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 pm

My favourite album of 2008. This one is absolutely phenomenal.

Marshall Law's Razorhead would be my #2, I guess.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 am

Lari wrote:
My favourite album of 2008. This one is absolutely phenomenal.

Marshall Law's Razorhead would be my #2, I guess.
It's in my Top 5 for 2008, easily!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Any other Blaze fans here?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 pm

It's a great album, that's for sure. Blaze and his solo band is very underrated.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm

You already know I'm a big fan, but I'll post anyway Razz

I think the Man Who Would Not Die is their best album so far. After that, I guess I really like the band performance on Blood & Belief, but Silicon Messiah probably has a better selection of songs. But then again, Tenth Dimension has to be my favourite Blaze song of them all. All four are awesome. Real solid work.

1. Man Who Would Not Die
2. Silicon Messiah
3. Blood & Belief
4. Tenth Dimension

I've already preordered the new one - Promise and Terror.

I also saw the band live in 2008 and looking at the tourdates, I'll for sure catch them again this spring.

I have a photo with me and Blaze somewhere, in a back-up photo CD somewhere.

Did you get the new live album? I only have the first one, since I originally thought it's a bit overkill to release a second double live album when you only have four studio albums, but I'm real tempted after seeing the track lists vary so much. I also don't have the Alive in Poland DVD.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm

kmorg wrote:
It's a great album, that's for sure. Blaze and his solo band is very underrated.
Truer words were never said! Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

1.Silicon Messiah
2.TMWWND
3.Tenth Dimension
4.B&B
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 2:49 am

Spinning this one as I type these words.

Very good album headbanger headbanger.

Actually, i have been on an unexpected Blaze kick lately, and will probably order a few of his cds next week.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 3:31 am

I love it. This was probably Blaze's high point. The band went downhill after this.

EDIT: actually Promise & Terror came after this, and was still a really good record. And I like the latest one, too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 am

Lari wrote:
I love it. This was probably Blaze's high point. The band went downhill after this.

EDIT: actually Promise & Terror came after this, and was still a really good record. And I like the latest one, too.

I have 3 other of his albums: Promise and Terror, King of Metal and Infinite Entanglement.

I am curious to check out his work under the Blaze name. Any specific recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

I have 3 other of his albums: Promise and Terror, King of Metal and Infinite Entanglement.

I am curious to check out his work under the Blaze name. Any specific recommendations?

The Man Who Would Not Die is my favourite. The band is just real good.

Silicon Messiah has the best selection of songs. Really strong stuff. Tenth Dimension is probably my third favourite. I like the story and it has my favourite Blaze song - the title track.

Promise & Terror has that wonderful ending trilogy of songs. Maybe my fourth favourite.

Blood & Belief and the latest one are next. King of Metal is the worst, and the Infinite Entanglement Trilogy of albums is between the good and the bad.

So I guess the debut should be next for you. And I think there's a new expanded version of Tenth Dimension available now, too. Not sure what it has extra. But the album is definitely worth picking up. Those two are also chronologically first, so no better place to begin.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

The Man Who Would Not Die is my favourite. The band is just real good.

Silicon Messiah has the best selection of songs. Really strong stuff. Tenth Dimension is probably my third favourite. I like the story and it has my favourite Blaze song - the title track.

Promise & Terror has that wonderful ending trilogy of songs. Maybe my fourth favourite.

Blood & Belief and the latest one are next. King of Metal is the worst, and the Infinite Entanglement Trilogy of albums is between the good and the bad.

So I guess the debut should be next for you. And I think there's a new expanded version of Tenth Dimension available now, too. Not sure what it has extra. But the album is definitely worth picking up. Those two are also chronologically first, so no better place to begin.

I ordered Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension, along with the latest studio album. Should have those 3 in my mailbox in a couple of weeks headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 7:43 am

The Silicon Messiah is such an underrated classic. The promotion completely failed and it was a mistake to be on the same label as Maiden. They pushed back the release so it wouldn't come out before Brave New World, and made sure it didn't take away any of the thunder of Maiden's comeback.

Because if promoted properly, it would have. Songs are so heavy and catchy, and Blaze sounds great. Maiden fans would have loved it. Now it became an afterthought. Like an underground release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die   Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2