Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)

Go down 
+3
akeldama
Gilbert
Lari
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Empty
PostSubject: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 3:24 am

New Blaze album will be released March 3rd, though official website apparently starts shipping autographed copies already next week.

http://www.blazebayley.net/

New video, "Endure and Survive":

Album cover:

Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) 1
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 5:04 am

I am aware of this release. Definitely a must have. Loved his previous album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 am

Yeah, Infinite Entanglement was really nice. Not as good as his best work (The Man Who Would Not Die), but it was a lot more interesting and with more hooks than the King of Metal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 11:44 am

I have developped a sudden taste for blaze 's work. Ended up acquiring most of his catalogue in less than a year.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Which one's your favourite?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Lari wrote:
Which one's your favourite?

The man who would not die. Infinite entanglement comes very close.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 1:30 pm

I still haven't gotten the latest one nor have I heard it. I'm slacking.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:07 am

I got Endure and Survive today. Played it in the car while dropping the wife off to work. So, not much of a first listen.

But what I feel I heard were nice vocal melodies, some heavy and catchy music and an overall solid Blaze record. Just the band performance seemed a little flat. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of his band's no-frills playing approach to Blaze's epic songwriting style. I don't know - to me it just felt like there wasn't much colour.

But I'll play it more and without driving (while someone is talking to me!).

Of individual tracks, one that stood out was the one before the last - "The World Is Turning the Wrong Way". But it may have benefited from getting played on the way back.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I have tried to get into Blaze, the style seems like something i'd really enjoy, but mostly I find it underwhelming and only get through a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Hmm...a quick check on youtube has me interested. I've always liked his unique vocals, didn't know he did this kind of speed(ier) type metal.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Quote :
Just the band performance seemed a little flat. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of his band's no-frills playing approach to Blaze's epic songwriting style.
''

That pretty much sums up my thoughts about Pt. 1. I'm not sure if I'll bother with this sequel.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 pm

his early albums are cool as hell. silicon messiah is highly recommended, if you haven't heard it. the songwriting has seemed stale the last few albums, though, like he's just old and tired.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 am

The World Is Turning the Wrong Way is definitely great.

The rest suffers from the band performance. Maybe they hurried, and the end result is too generic. Blaze still sounds good though.

IMO, they should let the band loose more, and turn down the vocals just a little. But I guess when you're essentially dealing with (cheap) hired hands, and limited studio time, you want to keep the costs down.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:41 am

Several more spins behind now, and I think Together We Can Move the Sun is a terrific ballad.

The album ain't among Blaze's best, but ends really strong. The last two tracks rule! Overall about on par with the previous album (and several steps above The King of Metal), and I'm now happily looking forward to the third installment in the Infinite Entanglement trilogy.
cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)   Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze Bayley - Endure and Survive (Infinite Entanglement Pt.2)
Page 1 of 1