Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal

Go down 
+11
stpatrik
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ultmetal
arachnoplasma
Glenn Rogers
7thSaviour
Dark Horseman
mez
15 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Empty
PostSubject: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:07 pm

So anyone here who may like Blaze stuff, I got his new album King of Metal. I was a bit thrown off by the title since I dont think he would have the right to declare himself that, despite liking his musical efforts very much. Anyhow, this albums title seems to be focusing more on some of those that are lost to us now from the metal scene that were kings of metal Like RJ Dio and Dimebag.

Anyhow, the other thing that has a major theme in this album is Blazes own personal struggles. Those who know he lost his wife, and he has battled health problems himself, alcoholism, and severe depression, he seems to be focused on his perseverance. I will say this, it is a nice message but it also comes across as a bit depressing when you listen to it as well. If any of you have ever dealt with any type of depression, or still do, or know someone close to you who has had an episode, and so forth, this is just a bit way to much. My sister is Bi-Polar and she struggles constantly with these issues, and so I cant help but think of the years she has dealt with it, and how his story doesnt match hers. So for me it is a flip side issue, on one hand it is definitely made to help those in struggle and know that you can survive and get back on top, but it also is a reminder of the hard times for anyone. So I love this album and think it is full of great songs, but the lyrics and message are a dark reminder of tough times and remind me of my sister and her struggles.

Just not sure where I can place this album yet. May be one I dont listen to so much since I prefer not to think upon the sad things in life. Plus it also seems to be laid on super heavy and gets a bit annoying after awhile.

Anyone else get this and think along the same lines?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 am

Now i'll have to really check it out. I can take it if it's thoughtful but if it's depressing, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 pm

I really love Blaze's solo material. This album is on my list!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I played a show with him in 2010...He was alot of fun at the gig.but did not hang out with the band much... He gave ma a copy of his last cd. I liked it alot...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Haven't heard this one yet. Didn't even know it was out already. I really liked his last two albums though so I'll pick this one up eventually.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Will have to check this out. Thanks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Didn't even know he had a new one out. Last time I read about him he had disolved his solo band, and returned to Wolfsbane, who also have a new album out these days.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:58 pm

I wonder how Manowar feels about the album title... "Wait, what?" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wonder how Manowar feels about the album title... "Wait, what?" Very Happy

Soon on blabbermouth you will be reading "Manowar's new album to be call 'The REAL Kings Of Metal"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 am

I've fallen behind on his last coupla releases. I have all of his albums as Blaze the band, but haven't purchased anything since he's gone solo. Been meaning to though, just kinda fell behind. I enjoy his work very much. Way better than anything he did with Maiden.

I'd certainly be willing to give this new album a listen. I'm assuming the King of Metal title is done either as a tongue-in-cheek kinda joke or has some other meaning found in the lyrics or something like that.

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Blaze is a down-to-earth, kind kinda bloke. Obviously the title of the album is not meant to reflect on himself in person.

Commented Blaze: "Over the many years I have been a professional singer, and through my ups and downs, I have noticed how some artists and bands take their success and their fans for granted.

"For me, there is no heavy metal without heavy metal fans.

"I am dedicating the new album and tour to my fans and the fans of heavy metal. It is called 'The King Of Metal' because you the fans are the real kings of metal. Each one of you that buys albums and merchandise and tickets to gigs is a king of metal to me."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168845

Big fan of his Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension releases. Didn't find Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror appealing. And oh, The X Factor is simply Maiden's best post-80's release Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:26 am

That's the first time i've heard anyone say that about X Factor. Even in jest.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That's the first time i've heard anyone say that about X Factor. Even in jest.

I love X Factor, I really do. However, it is nowhere near Fear Of The Dark, Brave New World, or Dance Of Death, IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

stpatrik wrote:
Blaze is a down-to-earth, kind kinda bloke. Obviously the title of the album is not meant to reflect on himself in person.

Commented Blaze: "Over the many years I have been a professional singer, and through my ups and downs, I have noticed how some artists and bands take their success and their fans for granted.

"For me, there is no heavy metal without heavy metal fans.

"I am dedicating the new album and tour to my fans and the fans of heavy metal. It is called 'The King Of Metal' because you the fans are the real kings of metal. Each one of you that buys albums and merchandise and tickets to gigs is a king of metal to me."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168845

Big fan of his Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension releases. Didn't find Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror appealing. And oh, The X Factor is simply Maiden's best post-80's release Smile

Blaze really is a nice, down to earth guy. When I saw him, he spent time to talk to everyone that showed up to the show. Granted it was only 30 people, but he played like it was a packed house, if he was pissed that only 30 people showed up he didn't act like it.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 am

The X Factor was a very good album, quite unlike the Virtual XI mishap. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I didn't know there was a new Blaze album! Where do I get it from? My usual online shop doesn't carry it. Nevermind, I ordered it from blazebayley.net.

I love Blaze solo. All five albums have been awesome so far. Automatic purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Very disappointed by this new Blaze release, as I was with each of his albums after Blood & Belief. The first 3 Blaze albums were great metal albums that I still play regularly, but since that, it went downhill IMO. Production is not as good, same for the songwriting. Where are the catchy riffs and choruses? The new album is just dull and uninspired. I'm sad to write this as I'm a Blaze fan. But he must get back on track soon, and find a good band with a couple good songwriters.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 am

So I got this CD yesterday and gave it a few spins already, and unfortunately I have to say it's a far cry in quality from all the previous, great Blaze albums. It doesn't have many great riffs or melodies. Production is weak. Blaze doesn't sound his best.

The lyrics are pretty powerful, so maybe he should be a motivational speaker?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Blaze Bayley, The King of Metal? Only in his dreams maybe, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal   Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze Bayley - The King of Metal
Page 1 of 1