Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror

Go down 
+3
Lari
7thSaviour
mez
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Empty
PostSubject: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:08 am

Has anyone picked up his new album? I got it 2 weeks ago and I have to tell you he is still on a roll. I dont think this album sounds anything like his last album, there is a distinct change in direction, but still very much remains Blaze. Yet another fantastic album, I highly recommend you check it out. What is nice is they sign all the albums too when you order form their site.

http://www.blazebayley.net/

If you got it, what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 am

This album is right at the top of my want list! I loved his last one!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 am

If you loved his last one, this one is imo very different. It seems more darker, maybe not as heavy, and possibly a bit bland....now I know that all sounds bad but it is the mood it gives. I honestly love the album as much as the last one, it is just such a difference, which I think is good, I dont need a repeat. Prior to the new band I felt Blaze was a bit similar each release. Seems like this new band doesnt want to repeat themselves and man can they pull of some great song writing. Go in expecting something new. Like any good album it takes time to reveal itself, and this one does each spin. Simply fantastic!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

mez wrote:
If you loved his last one, this one is imo very different. It seems more darker, maybe not as heavy, and possibly a bit bland....now I know that all sounds bad but it is the mood it gives. I honestly love the album as much as the last one, it is just such a difference, which I think is good, I dont need a repeat. Prior to the new band I felt Blaze was a bit similar each release. Seems like this new band doesnt want to repeat themselves and man can they pull of some great song writing. Go in expecting something new. Like any good album it takes time to reveal itself, and this one does each spin. Simply fantastic!
Thanks, man! I am definitely looking forward to it! Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror 11840
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:39 pm

My quick review is in the Hurting Words subforum.

I like it lots. Goint to play it right now. I also got the autographed copy.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 pm

We're going to be playing with Blaze in Lima Peru. The show is in April...It's going to be a blast...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
We're going to be playing with Blaze in Lima Peru. The show is in April...It's going to be a blast...

Which band to you play for?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:59 pm

I believe he is still in Once Dead? Are you also in Hirax?
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Hirax...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Awesome, show Blaze how it's done.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Ohhh now I will get this from his website instead of Amazon! Thanks for mentioning it Mez!!
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm

I just found out that its too late to get a signed copy but they do have cool patches and stuff there I might consider getting
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Hirax...
Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm

So, who's got this new BB disc so far and how is it?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm

After a month...

I still think the Trace of Things That Have No Words is the best song Blaze ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:30 am

Lari wrote:
After a month...

I still think the Trace of Things That Have No Words is the best song Blaze ever recorded.
It's gonna cost me well over $20 to get this CD, but I'm sure it'll be well worth it!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:11 am

I got this disc and love it so far! 9/10 in-progress.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:31 am

I won a copy on ebay, but I'm still waiting it's arrival. It's coming from the UK and taking forever. Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_sad

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:55 am

Why are these on such limited release?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm

A little late but 7thSaviour, to answer your question it is very good, it is along the lines of his previous album but it just feel s a bit darker, and with good reason since this was written after his wife died. I still think it is a great album but the energy doesnt hit at the peak like the last one does. I give this one a 9 out of 10, where his Man Who Would Not Die I give an 11 out of 10.

Nazgul, I am not sure they are limited releases, but Blaze I think only releases these via his website and any online distributor or otherwise is probably paying the same that we would and then charging more for it to make some gain. Go to his site and order it up! You'll love it!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:16 am

mez wrote:
A little late but 7thSaviour, to answer your question it is very good, it is along the lines of his previous album but it just feel s a bit darker, and with good reason since this was written after his wife died. I still think it is a great album but the energy doesnt hit at the peak like the last one does. I give this one a 9 out of 10, where his Man Who Would Not Die I give an 11 out of 10.

Nazgul, I am not sure they are limited releases, but Blaze I think only releases these via his website and any online distributor or otherwise is probably paying the same that we would and then charging more for it to make some gain. Go to his site and order it up! You'll love it!
Completely agreed and totally understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror   Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror
Page 1 of 1