Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Purple...

Go down 
+18
Addy
MetalGuy71
AngelRipper16
journeyman
DallasBlack
sam
TheGooch
Troublezone
skullsmasher
Pontus
the sentinel
manny
spiritoradio
James B.
XYZ
DeathCult
Olafsto
MetalH
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Deep Purple... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Quote :
I am sure they would call it The Storm Bringers"
just to make Spec's life more diffcult and give them even a g ayer name
then 'The Highway Stars"

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
At least Black Sabbath (I refuse to call it Heaven and Hell) are recording a new studio album unlike every other reunion which are really just a cash grab tours.

I am sure they would call it The Storm Bringers" just to make Spec's life more diffcult and give them even a g ayer name then 'The Highway Stars"

"Maybe We're Leo's?" has a nice ring to it as well.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:47 pm

BURN VICTIMS!

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

Jon Lord's statement:

Deep Purple... - Page 3 Img_0479wJon Lord comments on press rumours that Deep Purple Mark 3 will reunite and tour with Metallica’s Lars Ulrich on drums:
It all seems like a lot of hot air and wild speculation to me.
I like Lars and what he has achieved with Metallica. He’s obviously always been very complementary in his comments about DP, and I love the story of his famous nine-years-old “baptism of fire” at our ‘73 concert in The KB Halle in Copenhagen, but if I was asked to be involved in a “Mark III” reunion - (which, by the way, I haven’t. All I ever said was that the idea had a few good points and a few not-so-good points.) - and I indeed considered that offer, I would not be able to even imagine it without the presence of Ian Paice.
By the way - I have NOT retired!
Love, and as peaceful a new year as possible, to all of you.
Jon
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 am

I used to have some stuff on tape by Deep Purple, I need to get me some on CD I love Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am

is a great band. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am

Stormbringer! 🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 pm

I'd love to see a Mark II reunion, but I've heard Ritchie is happy with Blackmore's Night and has no plans of doing anything different.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I think this year i need to increase my ACDC and my Deep Purple catalog
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sonofthunder
Metal novice
Metal novice
sonofthunder

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:42 am

My favorite song is "Pictures of Home"
And naturallyDeep Purple... - Page 3 572798, my fave linup is Gillan-Blackmore-Glover-Paice- & Jon Lord.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metallictakfarinas
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 am

So, I've been listening to all of DP's albums from beginning to end and that boxset over the last few days, and Ill probably get slaughtered for this, but IMO, I think above most other bands, DP is the most important influence on hard rock/metal along with Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:
So, I've been listening to all of DP's albums from beginning to end and that boxset over the last few days, and Ill probably get slaughtered for this, but IMO, I think above most other bands, DP is the most important influence on hard rock/metal along with Sabbath.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 pm

troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I agree

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:17 pm

DeathCult wrote:

That is a fact sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:42 pm

DeathCult wrote:

No argument from me, I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
if you had included Priest in that statement, i would be inclined to agree. however since you failed to do so, i must respond with a pfffftttt.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
if you had included Priest in that statement, i would be inclined to agree. however since you failed to do so, i must respond with a pfffftttt.

I don't think anyone is down-playing Priest's influence...but Sabbath and Purple were both established years earlier thus opening the door for bands like Priest.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:55 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Right, but DP probably influenced Priest, im going back BEFORE Priest, not trying to downplay their role in anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:43 am

I am sure that Judas Priest were influenced by Deep Purple, they even say as much in their biography that was written Martin Popoff, also on their first major label release "Sin After Sun" they requested and got Roger Glover to produce this album for them.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:16 am

Olafsto wrote:
troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I agree

+1
+2
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Burn is my favorite. But I understand peoples problems with the Cal Jam recording. The story I heard was that Hughes was all coked up and Coverdale had stage fright (he was just a kid then), so they didn't work well together live. But I liked them together in the studio. About the only Purple I'm not crazy about is the Rod Evans stuff, although I haven't really given the Morse era a chance yet.
Back to top Go down
sonofthunder
Metal novice
Metal novice
sonofthunder

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 am

DP influenced a multitude of bands in Rock N' Roll
But in some years, I'm affraid people will be declined from those old amazin' bands to listen to Deep Purple... - Page 3 4782 "Slipknot" ( sick) and things like that and I'm really sad for it.
most of people of my age,today, don't know Deep Purple and don't know even a song like SMOKE ON THE WATER, do you imagine???!!!! Deep Purple... - Page 3 352445
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metallictakfarinas
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 am

That is true that a majority of American metal/hard rock fans have almost forgotten who Deep Purple are and how important they are in the history of heavy metal/hard rock but games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero are making a new generation of fans discover this band.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:41 am

the music of the gods.