Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Deep Purple in 2013?

Go down 
+17
Shawn Of Fire
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
EmoElmo
Andy
brokentulsa
journeyman
TheGreatDuck
adrian
ShadowAngel
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
James B.
Speedmetalfreak
MEGATRON
MoonChild
manny
BearOnUnicycle
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

New Deep Purple in 2013? Empty
PostSubject: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 am

I thought they will never record a new album. Glad it was wrong. Looking forward.
Officlial site
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 am

They have talked about recording a new album for over a year, but 4/5's of the band all put out solo albums this year and they did tour last year with a full orchestra, but I am happy that they are going to record an new studio album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Surely looking forward!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Excellent news, these guys don't have to record new material at this stage in their career, but I'm glad they are!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:46 pm

It's about time!
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 am

Bring it on
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:11 pm

I would love to hear this line-up do an entire album of old blues standards.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm glad these guys are finally putting out some new music. Definite buy.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 am

Bob Ezrin is rumored to be producing this one:

According to DEEP PURPLE fan-site Darker Than Blue, legendary producer Bob Ezrin (PINK FLOYD, KISS, ALICE COOPER, PETER GABRIEL) will produce the band's upcoming studio album. Guitarist Steve Morse was speaking with the French version of Rock Hard and it appears that Deep Purple are now quite serious in following up 2005's Rapture Of The Deep.

Redbeard is celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Deep Purple's Machine Head's for his syndicated rock radio program In The Studio: The Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

Ezrin and Purple could be quite an interesting combination! The last album "Rapture Of The Deep" is one of my favorite recent Purple albums, I'm glad a followup is in the works.

Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 am

I believe it when i see it. The Band has talked about a new album for several years now, there were so many "We hope to record a new studio", Gillan said he hopes for a new album in 2010, then 2012, now it's 2013
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
I believe it when i see it. The Band has talked about a new album for several years now, there were so many "We hope to record a new studio", Gillan said he hopes for a new album in 2010, then 2012, now it's 2013

Yeah, but this time they've actually announced there will be a new album.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:38 pm

The most recent album I own is Battle Rages On, I really need to fix that.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:32 pm

adrian wrote:

Yes you do. Their last four albums are excellent!
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 pm

adrian wrote:
That's good, cause the most recent album of theirs I've got is Machine Head. :/
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Bob Ezrin is rumored to be producing this one:

According to DEEP PURPLE fan-site Darker Than Blue, legendary producer Bob Ezrin (PINK FLOYD, KISS, ALICE COOPER, PETER GABRIEL) will produce the band's upcoming studio album. Guitarist Steve Morse was speaking with the French version of Rock Hard and it appears that Deep Purple are now quite serious in following up 2005's Rapture Of The Deep.

Redbeard is celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Deep Purple's Machine Head's for his syndicated rock radio program In The Studio: The Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands.

Good news on the new album. Looking forward to it. 40 years, wow., I need to check that out.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:48 am

It looks like Deep Purple is planning to wind it down and call it career after their next album, it is not official and here Steve Morse speaking about it:

Deep Purple are facing the fact they can't keep going for ever – and that's reflected in the band's attitude to their upcoming album.

Guitarist Steve Morse says they'll soon gather to start work with producer Bob Ezrin on their 19th studio record, and because the end of the road will be sighted in time, he believes it's "really important" to get the project right.

He tells Glide Magazine: "In a couple of weeks Deep Purple has a writing session, and we’re producing an album with Bob, who’s done KISS, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Alice Cooper – and he also worked on the last Kansas album, when I was with Kansas.

It’s probably going to be more of an extravaganza. Everybody realizes we’re not going to do this forever, so to me it feels like this is a really important album to do well."

Morse is also working on his Flying Colours project with ex-Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy, and G3 with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. But despite his busy past and future, he feels he owes a lot to Deep Purple, the band he joined 18 years ago as Ritchie Blackmore's replacement.

He says: "Because of Purple I’ve gotten to meet lots of people. I got to talk to Robert Plant in our dressing room when he came to one of our shows. I really enjoyed that part of being in a band that seems to know everybody. I get to meet people not because of who I am, but because of who the band is.

I’ve enjoyed getting to hang out with George Harrison before he died, being at an airport with Eric Clapton or Jeff Beck, the guys in AC/DC hanging out in the dressing room. It’s really cool and I’m still sort of like a music fan."
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Awesome news. It is sad that American Radio won't play it or promote it. The only songs they play on local rock stations is perfect strangers and smoke on the water.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Great news. I admittedly haven't given their recent stuff much of a chance. I'm kind of a Nazi about Purple in that I only listen to their releases between 1968-1973, basically everything by the MK1 and MK2 lineups. Burn and House of Blue Light are the exceptions, they're both amazing, especially the latter.

I'll have to dig into their recent stuff like Rapture, and hopefully this new album whenever it comes out.

What they could really use is a new live album. It's been a few hours since the last one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Andy wrote:
Great news. I admittedly haven't given their recent stuff much of a chance. I'm kind of a Nazi about Purple in that I only listen to their releases between 1968-1973, basically everything by the MK1 and MK2 lineups. Burn and House of Blue Light are the exceptions, they're both amazing, especially the latter.

I'll have to dig into their recent stuff like Rapture, and hopefully this new album whenever it comes out.

What they could really use is a new live album. It's been a few hours since the last one.

Perfect Strangers is an excellent album
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Perfect Strangers is an excellent album
My favorite Deep Purple album along with Burn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 am

In the studio with producer Bob Ezrin...

New Deep Purple in 2013? 504

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 am

Are they still gonna use the Hammond organ and the bell-bottomed jeans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Are they still gonna use the Hammond organ and the bell-bottomed jeans?

I figured you'd come in with a smart-ass comment. lame

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:23 am

Andy wrote:

Just my opinion, but ya can never go wrong with ANYTHING Coverdale applies his unbelievable talents to. Regardless of what is going on the in the background. Can "Come Taste the Band" compare to earlier masterpieces? Probably not. But, I am still baised for the Coverdale over Gillan vox. And I might be the only one in the world to make that statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Purple in 2013?   New Deep Purple in 2013? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Deep Purple in 2013?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next