Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning

Go down 
+8
SAHB Healer
krokus
Olafsto
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 6:35 pm

krokus wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
SCREAMER - "Target: Earth"
DEADLY BLESSING - "Ascend from the Cauldron", "An Eye to the Past"
TALISPHERE - "3 song demo" (vocalist Chris Cronk was the original replacement for John Arch)
MYSTIC FORCE - "A Step Beyond"
CAULDRON BORN - "Born of the Cauldron", "And Rome Shall Fall"
STEEL PROPHET - "Dark Hallucinations"

Ohhh, i realy love that first DEADLY BLESSING album. Pure US METAL the way i love it. CAULDRON BORN were great too(are they still around?), specialy GOD OF METAL in my opinion.

CAULDRON BORN broke up about 3 or 4 years ago I think. I still talk to the guitarist Howie through email every once in a while.

DEADLY BLESSING rule!!! One of my favorite bands of all-time. Can't wait to hear Ski's new band FAITH FACTOR, who I think may be releasing an EP pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 4:22 pm

So Required Fields, did you ever check out any of the albums that people recommended here?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 12:41 am

Yes, I've checked a couple of them out so far. I plan to check out more. Zion's Abyss seem really interesting, I can't wait to hear them. They're in my wishlist on Soulseek now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:05 pm

Just curious, Required Fields -- did you ever get to hear the Zion's Abyss CD?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:58 pm

I have it on my wishlist at Soulseek, but have never got to download it. No one seems to have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:39 am

How about

Fifth Angel
Hittman
Obsession
Heir Apparent
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 3:01 pm

So Required Fields, why don't you report back and tell us what you checked out and what you thought about them?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Early HADES from the USA were also very much in the vein of FATES WARNING
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Barren Cross-Atomic Arena and State of Control for sure.

Some Whitecross too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:22 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Barren Cross-Atomic Arena and State of Control for sure.

Some Whitecross too.

They sound like Arch-era FATES WARNING?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Same era, Fates Warning-No Exit, musically is very similar I think. Not vocally. classic meats power metal.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Also, Bride would be a great pick. Whiskey Seed is one of my favorite Bride songs and Hell No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 4:25 pm

I would say try to pick up Leige Lord's "Burn To My Touch" album. It's not as great as the Arch-era albums, but it's pretty awesome, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning   Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for bands in the vein of John Arch-era Fates Warning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2