Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down/Nola remaster

Go down 
+3
nevermore
mc666
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm

I heard that the first Down record was going to be reissued with Rex Brown redoing the bass parts. Anyone know when the release date will be?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 pm

that seems absolutely silly to me. why bother?

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 pm

I read about this in Decibel magazine but have no idea when it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Rex has an awesome sound, he pretty much defined the tone for Crowbar's last album. He's one of the more underated Bassist in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:26 am

Hamer12 wrote:
Rex has an awesome sound, he pretty much defined the tone for Crowbar's last album. He's one of the more underated Bassist in my opinion.

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:31 pm

troublezone wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

Agree 100%

rex was very good to see him play. he does a lot of bends i his playing which is quite unique in bass playing
Back to top Go down

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 pm

troublezone wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:
Agree 100%
He's not good enough to justify re-recording bass tracks for that album. In my opinion, it's a classic. You don't f*ck with classics.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Re-recording albums is kind of a dumb idea if you ask me, but what do I know?
Back to top Go down

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Re-recording albums is kind of a dumb idea if you ask me, but what do I know?
It depends. I think Testament's First Strike Still Deadly is frickin' awesome! I think Nightingale's Nightfall Overture, a re-recording of early songs, is also killer.

I wish Warrell Dane would re-record the two Sanctuary albums as Nevermore, too. That would be killer!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Perhaps he's gonna re-record using the old moniker of REX ROCKER and sport the "boof to the roof" hair-doo ?

My take is it is merely a ploy to generate sales
An old friend of mine has made a pretty good run re-recording alot of his older material using the talents of one yellow and black skin basher.
To some it is silly, but if you can get someone to put it out there, what is the problem ?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:09 am

I think that Rex playing on it will only make it better as long as they don't touch the other original intruments recorded. Rex is a master at walking bass fills under the guitars for much fuller sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down/Nola remaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down/Nola remaster   Down/Nola remaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down/Nola remaster
Page 1 of 1