Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?

Go down 
+2
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Empty
PostSubject: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:07 pm

I ordered the 2CD/DVD version of Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver andgot to to thinking about what other great releases got the this kind of treatment and which are worthwhile?

It is easy to get down on remasters when they keep re-releasing the same things over and over but have to admit that some of them sound great or feature excellent b-sides or unreleased stuff that is definately worthwhile.

So what do you folks think are some of the best remaster/re-releases or special editions?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:14 pm

FATES WARNING - "Awaken the Guardian"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 pm

I have the standard version of Awaken the Guardian, what is on the SE version?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:16 pm

I believe it comes with a bonus DVD as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Metal Blade does a nice job on those deluxe reissues. The 3-disc version of Armored Saint's SYMBOL OF SALVATION is another goody. The full album, a disc of the demos they recorded with Dave Prichard on guitar before he passed away, and an interview with the band. Great stuff.

Snapper Music's remasters of the W.A.S.P. catalog from a few years back are really nice too. Each CD has a bunch of bonus tracks and the liner notes are full of amazing useless trivia about each album.

Sire Records remastered and reissued the bulk of the Ramones catalog (the S/T debut through 1984's TOO TOUGH TO DIE) in the early 00s and they're some of my favorite reissues ever. Again, each disc has a bunch of bonus tracks (demos, live versions, single B-sides, etc.) and the booklets are packed with essays and liner notes.

I wish all reissues were like these!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Anything on LMP.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Praise-For-LMP-Limb-Music-Productions-t1929.htm

Century Media put out a great re-release of The Gathering's Mandylion. After the Accessories album or rarities and b-sides I expected them to just throw some of those songs on the Mandylion reiusse, but they actually put on exclusives demos and unreleased tracks. However, there wasn't anything really exclusive on the reissue of Nighttime Birds.

Roadrunner, as much as I hate to admit it, have done some really good reissues, too.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:24 am

That Flotsam and Jetsam "Doomsday..." re-master is fantastic. So is the 3 disc Voivod "War and Pain, Fates Warning "Awaken...", and didn't they also just release Lizzy Borden "Master of Disguise" with a bonus disc and a dvd?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am

Yep those Ramones remasters are excellent. Great liner notes and tons of extra tracks.

Gonna have to pick up that Voivod and that Armored Saint sometime as well.

Not remotely metal or even rock really but the Pogues remasters are awesome. Each one features everything from the euro versions that weren't on the US versions, along with a few excellent extra songs and extensive liner notes about the band, full lyrics, and many pictures.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:13 pm

The 2 disk Motorhead releases are pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Sacred Reich Surf Nicaragua and Ignorance is good, but im not able to watch the dvd!!! =O(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?   Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Metal Remaster/Re-releases/Special Editions, ect..?
Page 1 of 1