Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remaster Empire with extras.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Remaster Empire with extras. Empty
PostSubject: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Anyone have the remaster? I might pick this up if it's worth hearing it redone. Get a poster, postcards and a picture booklet also. Plus a live 1990 concert at the Hammersmith.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Its the same remaster and bonus tracks that already exists, just with an extra live disc added to it and some stuff in a box...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:01 pm

are you talking about the one just re-released? I think the one from a few years ago is fine...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

I have none of the remasters yet. I can never find them cheap.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:04 am

I got that boxset they released a few years ago. I think I got it for $20. I know it was cheap otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it because I had all the cds to begin with. Only thing I hate about it is that there isn't any booklets or lyric sheets and the cds are in slip cases.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 am

exact33 wrote:
are you talking about the one just re-released? I think the one from a few years ago is fine...

The newly released Empire 20th Anniversary Box is the exact same remaster of Empire that already exists, with the same bonus tracks, packaged in a box with postcards and stuff and an extra live CD. Much like Judas Priest's 30th Anniversary Box of British Steel...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:

The newly released Empire 20th Anniversary Box is the exact same remaster of Empire that already exists, with the same bonus tracks, packaged in a box with postcards and stuff and an extra live CD. Much like Judas Priest's 30th Anniversary Box of British Steel...

well then I am really fine with the older re-master. I really didnt look at the new release because I am not buying the cd a third time...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 am

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:

well then I am really fine with the older re-master. I really didnt look at the new release because I am not buying the cd a third time...

I will...because I'm a geek that way. But I'll wait til someone turns it in used at the local shop...

BTW, Eyesore - a lot of times Wal-Mart has the Queensryche remasters for around $7-$9...I got Empire and Mindcrime there when I was starting my buy-back...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I never picked up the remaster which came out in what? 2003? So I might have to get this if I can find it cheap.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I never picked up the remaster which came out in what? 2003? So I might have to get this if I can find it cheap.

Its nice - the bonus tracks are quite enjoyable too..

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Seems like a bunch of extra unnecessary bells & whistles to me. Here's the original post with all the details if anyone needs to know...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/20th-anniversary-of-queensryche-s-empire-t13906.htm?highlight=queensryche+empire

Eyesore, I found all the remastered versions on ebay some time ago, all very cheap. I dunno if they've since been jacked up price wise, but they shouldn't be that much or hard to find.

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm

You don't want the postcards?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

I'd send one to Chris DeGarmo. "Wish you were here". Razz

Seriously, what are you supposed to do with them? The last Nevermore album was available in the super-duper delux edition and they came with postcards too. I'd look at 'em once then throw them back in the box. Collectibles? To whom?

Despite what my facebook profile says, I'm not a 14-year old Japanese schoolgirl superfan that has these things plastered all over my bedroom walls with hearts doodled on them next to my Hello Kitty posters.

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Despite what my facebook profile says, I'm not a 14-year old Japanese schoolgirl superfan that has these things plastered all over my bedroom walls with hearts doodled on them next to my Hello Kitty posters.

Truth. Here's a picture from the surveillance camera in MG's room at his Mom's house.

Remaster Empire with extras. Day12_Sublet18
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:22 pm

You caught me in a rare moment when I'm actually wearing pants.

PostSubject: Re: Remaster Empire with extras.   Remaster Empire with extras. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remaster Empire with extras.
Page 1 of 1