Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to start a CD review blog

Go down 
+3
mc666
DallasBlack
Stender
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Going to start a CD review blog Empty
PostSubject: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 pm

So I decided I want to start a page kind of like ult's nolifetilmetal and Kmorg's Metal metropolis. It will be called "metal mentality", it will have my CD's and reviews. Here are a couple of logo Ideas for it, let me know what one you think is better and if you have any advice.

[img]Going to start a CD review blog Logoid11[/img]
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:32 am

Good luck! I hope to have one someday as well but I just lack the motivation and time right now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Good luck! I hope to have one someday as well but I just lack the motivation and time right now.

Yeah its tons of work man, and I'm not even close to getting it up and running. I try to really listen to an album a day and try to write a review in the same day but that dosnt always happen because of other stuff going down.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am

good luck with it. hopefully it will contain more death & black metal than the other two guys sites (no disrespect).

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 am

mc666 wrote:
good luck with it. hopefully it will contain more death & black metal than the other two guys sites (no disrespect).

Tons more death metal and a little black metal is planned. I'm busy writing stuff for Bolt thrower, Wombbath, Death, Mortification, Deteriorate, etc at the moment.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 am

Stender wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Tons more death metal and a little black metal is planned. I'm busy writing stuff for Bolt thrower, Wombbath, Death, Mortification, Deteriorate, etc at the moment.
sweet, looking forward to reading your thoughts! Cool

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 am

Cool,Good Luck with it.I would never have the time to build a web page,although I do waste alot of time on here surprised
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 pm

I think I'm going to ditch the Frankenstein logo and just go with the other guitar one, frankenstein just looks too cartooney which isnt very becoming of metal I think. I worked freaken hard on the one on the right.

I'm almost finished with some Hammerfall reviews so I will post them in the hurting words when I finish so you guys can have a sample.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

Good luck. I like the logo on the right.

I have NLTM ripoff blog myself (it's in the sig) and I love doing it. I have two blogs, the music one has actually taken over as my bigger passion of the two and it's so easy for me to come up with material for it. I just pop in a CD from my personal collection and blab about it. Listening to music and writing... Ah, two of the biggest joys of my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:58 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Good luck. I like the logo on the right.

I have NLTM ripoff blog myself (it's in the sig) and I love doing it. I have two blogs, the music one has actually taken over as my bigger passion of the two and it's so easy for me to come up with material for it. I just pop in a CD from my personal collection and blab about it. Listening to music and writing... Ah, two of the biggest joys of my life.
I just linked your blogs to my blog. =) I have a blog in the works for my collection, but I've stalled on it, thinking a blog really isn't what I want for it. If I could learn the code, I could change it all, but I suck at CSS and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
for my collection, but I've stalled on it, thinking a blog really isn't what I want for it. If I could learn the code, I could change it all, but I suck at CSS and whatnot.

Cool, thanks! And I shall do the same for you, good sir.

Yeah, I don't mess with CSS. Just having to work HTML on GeoCities was enough of a pain for me back when I was younger. I just stick with the Wordpress freebie, although I really would like to buy a domain name and have it to direct to the WP blogs. I actually *would* like to get my own site, but there's no way I can afford it.

I love doing the music blog. My pop culture one takes a bit of time to decide what I wanna do and say. I usually just end up rambling anyway! Laughing But the music blog is pretty simple, pick a CD, pop it in and say what I think. I can knock out a few posts a day for ME, but MM can sometimes go for weeks at a time without a new post.

I just wish people would comment more, at both blogs. The music blog is pretty good about getting people talking, but I rarely get comments at my other blog, though I can view the stats and see people are reading it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 pm

I like the logo on the right. I wish lots of luck with your site. I look forward to checking it out. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:09 pm

thanks for the feedback guys. I'm getting a site from freewebs soon, so soon metal mentality will be functioning in all its glory! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to start a CD review blog   Going to start a CD review blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to start a CD review blog
Page 1 of 1