Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kataklysm-Where to start?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Kataklysm-Where to start? Empty
PostSubject: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Anyone have a recommendation on a good album to get from these guys start with.?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:12 pm

I've never heard of them, so I creeped on over to YouTube and picked the following clip at random from options given after typing "Kataklysim" into search bar.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:23 am

Yeah, i've listened to a few songs and wanted to pick one up that would be a good representation of them but apparently no one here is tr00 enough. Kataklysm-Where to start? 395375
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:56 am

I would suggest starting with Sorcery. It is their debut, & one of their best. Victims of This Fallen World is also a strong album, it's pretty much where they started going down a more melodic route. Nothing wrong with that, as they do it well on that album.

To be honest, after that, they never had a strong album all the way through. None of them completely sucked, but there were always throwaway tracks a plenty.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

I picked up The Mystical Gate of Reincarnation long ago...and it was horrible. I dig death metal, but not that grumble-mumble kind. I'm assuming they evolved away from that, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
I picked up The Mystical Gate of Reincarnation long ago...and it was horrible. I dig death metal, but not that grumble-mumble kind. I'm assuming they evolved away from that, though.
Geez, way to pick an early & obscure EP. Yeah they evolved far away from that. They are a melodeath band now.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Ok, listenening to those and I think I like Victims better, I like melody in my DM.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Start with the 1st album and work your way up. The old stuff was KILLER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kataklysm-Where to start?   Kataklysm-Where to start? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kataklysm-Where to start?
Page 1 of 1