Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Late Night Visitors?

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
spiritoradio
jstate
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
Stender
XYZ
Troublezone
mc666
TheGooch
tohostudios
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 pm

Stender wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I could never shoot someone unless my life or a loved ones life was at stake.

same here.

If I find someone in my house in the middle of the night, I'd say it's safe to assume my life is in jeopardy. And since it's legal to kill someone who's inside your house illegally, I'd have no problem doing it.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Stender wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

same here.

If I find someone in my house in the middle of the night, I'd say it's safe to assume my life is in jeopardy. And since it's legal to kill someone who's inside your house illegally, I'd have no problem doing it.

If they have no weapon i couldnt do it, if i had a gun i would warn them before i did it. Even if you shoot someone inside your house chances are the you wont be the victim and could be charged. I have seen this a few times.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Stender wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

same here.

If they have no weapon i couldnt do it, if i had a gun i would warn them before i did it. Even if you shoot someone inside your house chances are the you wont be the victim and could be charged. I have seen this a few times.

I wouldn't take any chances. No warnings, no nothing. If you yell a warning, if the intruder has a gun, you could be toast.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Quote :
Well,

Quote :
Exactly. I'm assuming someone in my locked house has no regard for my life.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:53 pm

That's right. I've played the scenerio in my head. I'm gonna attack/rush/kill the person if I can. No need waiting around to see what's up. If they're in my house it can't be for any good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's right. I've played the scenerio in my head. I'm gonna attack/rush/kill the person if I can. No need waiting around to see what's up. If they're in my house it can't be for any good.

Yep. Me too.

In fact, I keep a butcher knife under my nightstand even now. Somebody in my house in the middle of the night is gonna get sliced up if I have any strength left at all.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 pm

I have thought of this as well. I have never been in the scenario before so i really wouldn't know what to do until the time comes. As of right now i say i couldnt do it. Most of the time its probably some teenager that will run as soon as he sees the door open or hears someone. I have done that myself in my youth.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Yep. Me too.

In fact, I keep a butcher knife under my nightstand even now. Somebody in my house in the middle of the night is gonna get sliced up if I have any strength left at all.

That totally made my day right there. I just had a visual of pumpkinhead walking in your house and you slicing us all a piece of pumpkin pie...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 pm

lol!

I'm tellin' ya, I'd be going knife-fu with that thing. Slash now, ask questions later.

And try not to bleed on my carpet.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
lol!

I'm tellin' ya, I'd be going knife-fu with that thing. Slash now, ask questions later.

Yea if i get woken up from sleep i get pretty miserable. I have the tendency to be pretty violent. I'd probably grab the closest thing maybe a wire hang like Jamie in Halloween and poke them in the eye. As that seems to have a serious effect on people.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
lol!

Yeah, but did you ever consider that you might potentially cut your own throat while tossing in your sleep if you have a butcher knife in bed with you. Just something I have never understood when people talk about sharp weapons hidden under pillows and stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 pm

It's not in the bed. It's under the nightstand next to the bed. There's no way I could accidentally reach under there and get it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:37 pm

The other thing to consider is all the adrenaline that goes rushing through your body in these situations. Which is pretty much why I'll never forget my night encounter.

During my late teens my uncle and his wife would travel a lot. He was the cool uncle, so he always left keys to his house with me to "watch or entertain" at the place. He had a pool and a large screen TV (a rarity in those days) so it was a fun house. Well one night my girlfriend and I are staying over while he is away. We're having a late dinner in the kitchen when Rebekah's eyes drift past me to something outside the kitchen entry. She has this shocked/stunned look as she leans in to whisper that "someone is in the hallway looking around the corner". My heart about stopped just the way she said it.

She was sure they had gone back into the downstairs which was a converted basement. I grabbed this bamboo walking stick. And start down. I should point out how we laughed later on about how we did every horror cliche. Why didn't we leave and call the cops?

I was going down slow and quiet the first flight but then could hear him trying to open a sealed door. So then I start banging the stick against the rail and calling out. My heart was coming out my chest as I turned down the last flight. It was almost surreal when I finally caught sight of this guy. All I remember thinking was don't block his escape. He explained that he was there to mow the lawn. "At ten o'clock at night?" He claimed it had been a long day and he had forgotten earlier as he headed upstairs. I won't lie - I fought myself to not lock a choke in with the stick as he passed me. I was beyond wired with adrenaline at this point and probably capable of anything.

I call out to Rebekah at the top of the stairs that it is okay it is just the guy to mow the lawn. "At ten o'clock at night? WTF!" Bless her as she was holding a large serving knife behind her back when we get to the top. The guy rather calmly opens the front door, goes down the walk, then at the road sprints away.

We call the police, and they already know who the guy is. Turns out he was one of the neighbor's twenty-something sons who had all kinds of alcohol/drug issues and took odd jobs around the neighborhood. He then would break-in looking for cash or things to sell. So all things considered he was harmless. In fact several weeks later I went to my uncle's and guess who he has actually mowing the lawn. They felt sorry for him.

That night we didn't sleep at all and sat out by the pool trying to process/calm down from what just happened. It wouldn't be until my brother and I threw a kegger nearly a year later that I felt comfortable being in the house.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:45 pm

My wife(girlfriend at the time) and I lived in a crappy efficiency apartment above a bar in Superior WI. There were about 12 apartments on one floor and these tenants were idiots, I mean the caretaker who lived next door stole every one's money and took off. The guy that moved into her apartment tried to give us his furniture and all the while he was standing there talking to us he had his arm raised up and holding the door frame and right on the inside crook of his elbow was a GIANT hole aka track mark from probably heroine. The guy on the other side of us sold drugs at all hours of the day and night.

Then one night my wife and I were awoken by a slam against the wall next to our bed and then the screams and cries of a woman next door apparently been thrown and beat up against the wall on which our bed placed on the other side. My wife called the cops and as she was on the phone with them I walked down stairs and was going to let them in, when I opened the door 4 police officers walked around to the front of the building, two on each side. It was crazy how fast they got there. Never heard what exactly had happened after that though.

The same apartment a few months later we get a pounding on our door and it's a cop, luckily he was looking for the next door neighbor, so we pointed him in the right direction and proceeded to listen through the door. The guy next door apparently tried to jump off of a bridge earlier that evening and the cops had come to take to the mental ward.

One thing that we never liked is that our door to the apartment was made of the thinnest wood ever, it was like plywood and ours was the only one like that. Thank God no one ever tried to get in. One night at like 2:30 am we were awoken by a loud pounding on our door and we were scared poopless. We were sleeping at the time, so I got up and creeped to the door and since we didn't have a peephole I had to open it. It was our co-workers who had never been to our apartment before and they were totally wasted and stupid. I could have killed 'em
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Me and my friends were playing hide and seek in an old abandoned factory one afternoon. It was so dark in there and it was one huge factory. There was 6 of us and we split into 2 groups of 3. Well we were hiding and i was on the first floor, I looked down the hall and to my eyes i seen 2 cops walking in. I whispered as loud as i could to my buddies that there are cops in the building. We ran to the 3rd floor where my friends were counting. We all then ran to the top floor which was a small room that only had one door like a basement hatch door. We shut it and put a board on the top of it. There was an elevator shaft that we all climbed in and sat in there for 4 hours til the cops left. They brought one hell of a squad looking for us including the dogs. We all looked down the shaft and could see the lights from there flashlights.

Well after it was clear we all slowly walked down stairs and opened the door and o poop there was a squad car just waiting for us. We all ran and split up. I was lucky to be blessed with some deer legs and i was hauling a$$. The cop had no chance. I ran to the nearest woods and hid in there til nightfall. I could see the flash lights in the distance but they were a pretty far ways off.

We all made it home safe as i think i am the only one that had the cops chasing me. It was one hell of an adreniline rush...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:11 pm

Quote :
She has this shocked/stunned look as she leans
in to whisper that "someone is in the hallway looking around the
corner". My heart about stopped just the way she said it.

Goosebumps!!

Once in a blue-moon something about the house I'm living in will make me suspect someone's in the house (too many horror movies like Toho said - it always ends up being explainable) and I've felt that surge of adrenaline at a low level while I go around the house checking closets and what not. I can't imagine the real thing!

I've had it once for completely different reasons, and it will keep you wired for hours.

Creepy story Jstate!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Another thing I'll say....I miss having a dog. My wife tolerated my boyhood dog for the first few years of our marriage/last few years of my dog's life, but she's not big on inside pets (after living almost 6 years without hair I'm in that boat now as well). THAT being said, I slept 100X better with Angel in the house/apt. because she was my ears. I'm a deeep sleeper and would be dead before I knew it if someone meant business, but Angel, although a chicken at heart, was a good growler/alarm so I'd have her presence as that warning system.

Another thing with dogs, especially bigger ones, is that intruders will just move on to the next place rather than deal with the noise and the possibility of getting bit. Angel was big enough that she sounded mean. She didn't have that "yapper" bark, but a deep bass rumble. She was medium in size, but big enough to play the part.

I fear few dogs, but even so who but a true crazy would try to burgle a house or trouble a family with a sizable dog present?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am

My neighborhood is very secure so I don't worry too much about that...Besides, many of you have seen my knife collection-I would have no reservations about protecting myself. I have had a dream where I answered the door and some punk tired to strong arm his way into my house. I mangaged to stop him and lock my door then ran into my room and grabbed this knife:

Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Thats_10But they were gone when I came back and I then woke up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
you said it brother. if they have entered your home, with out your knowledge or consent, then it can be reasonably expected that physical harm might become you & your loved ones. sure, you might be charged with something, but no jury in the world would convict.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 am

You guys are freaking me out. Never read this thread at 11PM. Suspect
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:27 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Another thing I'll say....I miss having a dog.

Of course my cats won't scare anybody, but they are great alarms just the same. They sleep on a couch in my bedroom, and anytime I hear a strange sound I glance at them. They know all the familiar sounds so if they think it's nothing then it probably isn't anything. Otherwise they scare easily.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Another thing I'll say....I miss having a dog.

Of course my cats won't scare anybody, but they are great alarms just the same. They sleep on a couch in my bedroom, and anytime I hear a strange sound I glance at them. They know all the familiar sounds so if they think it's nothing then it probably isn't anything. Otherwise they scare easily.

Yep, that's my cats too. And Godiva sleeps in the bed so if she suddenly bolts, I know I better get up.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:05 am

My dad used to tell me a story of when he was a teenager he was sleeping over at his cousins. They were asleep in bed when they seen a glowing light on the wall. My dad said thats when he saw a glowing head come out of the wall and hover over top of his bed for a few seconds then it went through the opposite wall. He got goosebumps on his arm when telling me the story. He said there were a few times when he felt there were visitors in the room other then my mom.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 pm

I think the worst thing about having such things happen is how it totally causes you to lose your sense of security and piece of mind. In my case it wasn't my home and I was in no real danger, but ever after I always had that in the back of mind whenever I was at my uncle's. Even in daylight I still was leery being there by myself. Some seventeen years later it still freaks me a little thinking about that night. I can't even fathom having it be your own home with your children there.

I also miss having a dog. Sounds very similar to my deal Scott. The great thing about Casey was he looked like Benji but his bark was so loud/intense/sharp that people often asked when they saw him where the vicious dog was. He was probably the best security system I ever had.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 am

Oh I am so mad right now. I had this big post ready to go, clicked the button, and the board went down. angry

Anyway, I always keep my door locked. It's the first thing I do when I get home. It's 2008, we can't take chances like that anymore.

No interesting stories from me, other than the usual "bump in the night" stuff. We have an oscillating fan in our bedroom that my fiancee likes to have on at night. I don't like it, it's too loud. If you're in the bedroom when it's on, you can't hear anything else in the apartment. Unless someone was making lots of noise coming in, I wouldn't know they *were* coming in. Our AC is really loud here as well, works great, but really loud. We actually have to turn the sound on the TV up when it comes on.

I'm also a deep sleeper also (as is my fiancee), so adding that to the fan/AC situation, practically anyone could sneak in. We have a dog, but she's a chihuahua and is also a deep sleeper and likes to sleep under the covers anyway. I don't think she'd be much help. Laughing

We live in a decent apartment complex though. Maybe 10 or so buildings and 12 apts to a building. Our door is inside the building and we share the floor with 3 other apartments, and you can easily hear anyone out in the hallway. It's a nice part of town with a sheriff station just a few buildings down and across the street.

Actually, I do have one story. A silly one. My friend and I were at my family's house all alone one night and thought (pretended?) we heard someone snooping around outside. So being the manly men teenagers we were (and obviously just wanting to seem brave), we grabbed some knives and went outside walking around my house yelling for the person to show himself. He never did.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late Night Visitors?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next