Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Late Night Visitors?

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
spiritoradio
jstate
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
Stender
XYZ
Troublezone
mc666
TheGooch
tohostudios
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Late Night Visitors? Empty
PostSubject: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:32 am

Well i just got done watching the movie The Strangers online and I was just wondering if anyone ever got really frightened by someone knocking on the door late at night or by any other event.

Before i moved i used to have my computer downstairs by the living room front door. It was around 3 a.m me and my son were downstairs i was on the computer and he was playing with his train set. My son is 6 years old. I was sitting there when my front door just opened and a guy maybe in his early 20's just walked in. At first i thought it was maybe a friend but it wasn't. I looked at him then my son and said "May i help you". I asked the guy, who are you? He responded "I don't know" This is when i realized he is either crazy or drunk. I grabbed my son and approached the individual. He then turned around and ran. I called the cops and they caught him 50 ft. from my house. I used to live in a very remote area that is surrounded by a shopping complex. I live behind the shopping complex surrounded by a river and woods. You can't see my house from the road. I have had a lot of individuals come back there drunk and once a guy robbed the shopping complex and was apprehended and jumped in the river by my house and drowned. The moment that guy walked into my house the only thing i could think of was protecting my son. A lot of bad thoughts ran through my mind and i really wanted to bash that guys face in with something. The cops came within 30 seconds as the police station is less then a minute away. I pressed charges and the 2 individuals one of which stayed outside were arrested. I had to point out the guy who came into my house to the cops. The 2 guys who both were drunk and on drugs were not sent to jail but fined and i had them sent to a program for first offenders. They had to go through a drug and alcohol rehab as well. They both sent me letters apologizing for there actions.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 am

Hence the reason my doors are ALWAYS locked.

Plus, I watch waaaay too many horror movies.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
Hence the reason my doors are ALWAYS locked.

Plus, I watch waaaay too many horror movies.

HAHA I actually liked The Strangers it kind of reminded me of the old classic horror movies. I always think of those situations and what i would do if that happened to me..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 am

the doors of my house are always locked i never leave them unlocked cos if you go upstairs someone could just come in
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:59 am

Well the reason i left them unlocked was because i was downstairs and the fact that there is nothing around. I dont live there anymore but i always lock my doors when i remember to.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 pm

if someone comes in on us, they will eat lead. i won't shoot to wound either.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 pm

if there was nothing around that would make me want to lock them even more though i dont know why.

nice guitar by the way
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm

we had some robbers try to burgle our shed but i heard them and turned the outside light on and they ran off
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 pm

I'd go to town on their heads with a baseball bat. It'll look like that scene from The Untouchables. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:23 pm

xyz wrote:
I'd go to town on their heads with a baseball bat. It'll look like that scene from The Untouchables. :kickbutt:

I thought about it but thats something i would not want my son to see. Thanx gooch thats my axe..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:47 pm

when I was like 3 or 4 I lived in an apartment complex in Eugene, Oregon with my parents. It was kind of a shady neighborhood and one night it was late and I was already in bed, my parents were watching tv downstairs and they heard like a bell jingle outside which was the noisemaker thingys on the spokes of my bike. My dad, in his underwear ran outside and found a couple of younger guys with like 2 or 3 bikes already and trying to make off with mine. My dad chased them around the neighborhood threatening to kill them untill they stopped and were aprehended by the police my mom called. my dad kind of looks like Mario so you can imagine how funny a pissed off mario in his undergarments would look.

Thats the only time something like that has happend late at night. One time in the same neighborhood, a bum slept underneath the door frame eve of our apartment and left a heroine needle which I almost picked up not knowing what it was.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Stender wrote:
when I was like 3 or 4 I lived in an apartment complex in Eugene, Oregon with my parents. It was kind of a shady neighborhood and one night it was late and I was already in bed, my parents were watching tv downstairs and they heard like a bell jingle outside which was the noisemaker thingys on the spokes of my bike. My dad, in his underwear ran outside and found a couple of younger guys with like 2 or 3 bikes already and trying to make off with mine. My dad chased them around the neighborhood threatening to kill them untill they stopped and were aprehended by the police my mom called. my dad kind of looks like Mario so you can imagine how funny a pissed off mario in his undergarments would look.

Thats the only time something like that has happend late at night. One time in the same neighborhood, a bum slept underneath the door frame eve of our apartment and left a heroine needle which I almost picked up not knowing what it was.

HAHA maybe that was me with the bikes lmao that used to be my expertise. Me and my friends thank the lord i stopped hanging out with them used to wonder off at night and come home with a new bike a day. I lived far away from my friends and in a far away town so if the cops would look for me im miles away. I had a few close calls with parents but i gave those days up even though they were a blast. I did so many bad things when i was younger, i'm so glad to be alive. I thank church and my guitar...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Never happened to me. But my friend live in an scary appartement where when day when I was living I heard a girl saying: '' Oh please...Stop!'' While she was crying and then I heard one guy saying : ''Do you want me to do it again? So SHUT UP!'' that was a bit scary...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm

A lot of stuff seems to happen late at night on my road. I sometimes
get up to read when I can't sleep, and have heard/seen people talking
out in front of my houuse. So long as they don't enter the yard or get
too loud I don't much care, but it's odd to get up at 3 AM and see
people shooting the breeze in front of your house.

Last Wednesday night a girl was arrested in front of my house. We had
the RV parked outside loading up for a camping trip. I sent my son out
to the RV with some stuff and he came in and told me about it. There
were 4-5 police cars parked out front, plus the girl's car and an
Ambulance. I went out and watched a bit of it, but did not let my kids
go out again until they had left. They were out front for a good hour
or so. Kind of exciting in a morbid way.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Last July, I was awakened by a bunch of flashing lights in front of my house. I got up and opened the front door and a cop was standing in my yard. "What's going on?", I asked. He looked at me like I was an idiot. "Look at your yard!".

A drunk driver in an SUV had sideswiped a car parked across the street, snapped off my mailbox and plowed through my yard taking a chunk out of one bush and completely uprooting my dwarf spruce. He missed the corner of the garage by less than 6 inches. I sleep with ear plugs and the bedroom is at the opposite end of the house so I never heard a thing.

Fortunately, they got the guy and his insurance paid for everything.

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Wow crazy story.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Well i had a few traffic violations at one time and never went to make payment arranges. So while i was at work, my sons mother would say the cops were here looking for you. Well i worked third shift and had Friday nights off and the constable's came/ I had a stone driveway and heard them come in the driveway. That gave me enough time to lock the doors and turn the tv off as i knew they might come so already had the lights off. I heard a huge bang on my door. I have a hidden basement entrance in my kitchen floor that if you don't know its there you will not see. I went down there just in case they came in. They left after about 30 mins of banging.

A few weeks later they got me coming home from a friends, they were waiting for me. They treated me like a raped someone or murdered someone. I had a $100 dollar traffic citation and was treated like dirt. I was very cooperative but that didnt matter. The cop asked me if i had drugs or a gun on me, and told me to take off my hat cuz i was hiding drugs under there. He through me around and this was all in front of my 4 yr old son at the time. He was crying and i looked the cop in the eyes and said you must feel real tough with that badge. I have a $100 traffic citation and here you are acting like a maniac in front of my son. I told the cop that i will press charges on him.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I've been reading these stupid detective novels (I don't normally) and people are always getting burgled and such in the stories. I think about when I first moved to my house (very isolated farmhouse); there weren't even locks on the doors. I slept like a baby for years with everything open; but in the last year I've made it more secure. While reading these novels I often can't believe that I was so complacent. I'm not paranoid yet, but I think I'm more realistic.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:07 pm

One time my college roomates and I drove to my house in the middle of the night on a whim (my parents were gone for some reason). We were just watching TV or whatever at around 12:30-1:00 in the morning. There's this knock on the door! Shocked Who's out at 1:00 in the morning in a rural trailer park??

I answer the door and there's this trashy looking chick with mascara running and smelling of drugs. She said the guy she was with just dumped her out of the car in the street right in front of where we live. She knocked on our door because the lights were on and she didn't know what else to do. The massive irony is that she was from Akron, OH (40-45 miles away) and that's where we went to college! She needed a ride back there and we were headed back that same morning. She's probably lucky she knocked on my door.

We figure she was a prostitue on a bad "job" and was dumped unpaid. She didn't have a dime and looked like absolute crap. We felt bad for her and gave her a ride to Akron.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:09 pm

On a side note - our doors are ALWAYS locked (unlike when I was a kid). There's NO WAY I'm going to invite people in by leaving the door open. With two little kids I just couldn't live with myself if some bold perve snuck in and carried them off while I wasn't aware.

Like MC666, any intruder will leave in a body bag if I manage to get the upper hand.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:23 pm

I've actually thought about buying a gun. I live in a peaceful neighborhood where nothing much happens and all my doors have multiple locks but still...

I've just seen too many movies...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm locked and loaded also. Get outa my yard!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:35 pm

I could never shoot someone unless my life or a loved ones life was at stake.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I could never shoot someone unless my life or a loved ones life was at stake.

same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Visitors?   Late Night Visitors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late Night Visitors?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next