Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?

Go down 
+20
Sutekh
EvyMetal
Vordul
ultmetal
thejokeriv
QuothTheRaven
kmorg
Mordor
Troublezone
ThrashedOutCobra33
SAHB Healer
mc666
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 am

You gonna diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee then! :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Man, I'd be the first to admit that Axl is a subpar vocalist and a class a jerk as well, but he's better than that. Where's the love? crazy happy

Axl is a rock magazine vocalist. Meaning that he completely sucks, but Rolling Stone magazine applauded his mediocrity to the point that the masses started believing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 am

spectrefate wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Man, I'd be the first to admit that Axl is a subpar vocalist and a class a jerk as well, but he's better than that. Where's the love? crazy happy

Axl is a rock magazine vocalist. Meaning that he completely sucks, but Rolling Stone magazine applauded his mediocrity to the point that the masses started believing it.

He's "raw" and "real" and may be a talented writer (which is why he's revered in the press), but he's a horrible singer. Actually, I take that back, he uses his voice horribly...he could do better, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:31 am

Sometimes he writes good lyrics, but other times.... sick

I don't know what it is about his voice... attitude I suppose, but I really dig Axl's vocals. I loved the three songs he sang on Angel Down. The new G'n'R tracks didn't do as much, but that was more the music than the vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

I don't know what it is about his voice... attitude I suppose, but I really dig Axl's vocals. I loved the three songs he sang on Angel Down. The new G'n'R tracks didn't do as much, but that was more the music than the vocals.

I'm going to agree with you. Only because you are really old, and I was always taught to respect my elders.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:18 am

Durn tootin', ya young whippersnapper! Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 505193
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 am

I always thought that if GnR had a singer like Sebastian Bach, I'd have liked them more...I like heavy Rock N Roll bands, Axl's vocals just repelled me....I love Velvet Revolver, though, and a lot of people hate Weiland's vocals...I think he fits perfectly...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am

I didn't care for VR much. Some of it was Weilland's vocals, which
don't do much for me, but the music was pretty forgettable as well.

Now Slash's Snakepit was awesome. Like G'n'R with a better singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:34 am

Quote :
Now Slash's Snakepit was awesome. Like G'n'R with a better singer.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 am

Once Dead.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 am

Quote :
I don't know what it is about his voice... attitude I suppose, but I really dig Axl's vocals.

I like them, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I like them, too.

But you're tone deaf, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Probably! I like the Sacred Steel guy, Timeless Miracle's nasally guy. Give me nerd subject matter lyrics, double bass mania, shredding leads, fast rhythm and I'm in heaven!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:45 pm

The Sacred Steel guy, Gerrit, is quite good on the TRAGEDY DIVINE album, which is a good album. His style works quite well with those songs. I'm not familiar enough with SACRED STEEL to have an opinion.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm not familiar with Tragedy Divine. That's what I say though...his vocals work well with his Sacred Steel stuff.

What is Tragedy Divine like, ToB?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm not familiar with Tragedy Divine. That's what I say though...his vocals work well with his Sacred Steel stuff.

What is Tragedy Divine like, ToB?

Kinda hard to describe.

Traditional metal, but with a bit of a 90s sound. European band, of course. Some of the other members after this went on to form SPIRAL TOWER, and some of them went on to do SACRED STEEL.

The musicianship is quite good in the band, although they are not showy at all. I like the guitar riffs and Gerrit sings good melodies and has a style and charisma to his performance that I think makes it worthwhile. The drumming is pretty rocking to. My favorite tracks are the first two: "Die in my Dreams" and "I married a Witch".
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks for the mini-review. Might have to look into them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
Nope I cannot if the vocals are absolutely horrible I can't do it.

The funny thing is, everyone's definition of "horrible" is different.

That is so true. Some examples are James LaBrie, Tarja, and Zak Stevens. Some people think they are awesome vocalists (as do I) and there are also some who think they suck. It seems that ones talent or lack of it just depends on the audience.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:19 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The Sacred Steel guy, Gerrit, is quite good on the TRAGEDY DIVINE album, which is a good album. His style works quite well with those songs. I'm not familiar enough with SACRED STEEL to have an opinion.
Gerrit is a good vocalist if you really think about it. His tone fits the music perfectly, it's agressive but can be pretty soulful and melodic at the same time. And most of the time it is completely "off-the-wall". Which is not bad at all - it fits the sound, lyrics and image of Sacred Steel.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Dragonforce - awesome guitars and while the singer is very gifted vocally i just dont like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I can't think of a band that this applies to
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:27 am

If I don't like the vocals, I ain't listenin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:53 am

I really don't like Phil Anselmo's voice, but I still love Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3