Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite bands you barely listen to?

Go down 
+20
ryanmetalman
chewie
stepcousin
allthingsmetal
iamrockerfun
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
jstate
Grimmo
James B.
powermacho
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
snooloui
exact33
Schbopo
krokus
Jesusandmetal23
Addy
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Favourite bands you barely listen to? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:57 am

Ever encountered this situation?

Altough Priest are my favourite band, i almost never listen to them anymore.

I guess i'm more interested in focusing on new bands now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:33 am

Probably Mercyful Fate for me, I may put an album on now and again but as you say, newer material seems to take over most of my listening.

Can't beat the classics though.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:37 am

for me id have to say Whitecross I love them but i barely ever put in a album by them
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Megadeth. One of my favorites, yet I hardly listen to them.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Many really, some of them would be PETRA, KISS, MORBID ANGEL, DARKTHRONE, WASP etc...but i dont play them much nowadays. I am always listening to new stuff i am getting or rare US METAL on vinyls.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:02 pm

krokus wrote:
Many really, some of them would be PETRA, KISS, MORBID ANGEL, DARKTHRONE, WASP etc...but i dont play them much nowadays. I am always listening to new stuff i am getting or rare US METAL on vinyls.

Morbid angel...Brings back college souvenirs. Haven't spinned them in over a decade.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Gilbert wrote:
krokus wrote:

Morbid angel...Brings back college souvenirs. Haven't spinned them in over a decade.

A decade is really to long Gilbertt Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_biggrin , i didnt play them maybe for one year.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Megadeth. One of my favorites, yet I hardly listen to them.

Pretty much this.

Also Dead Kennedys. Love em', but haven't listened to anything of theirs in ages.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Maiden. I love em but I am still severly burned out on them.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Maiden too. Love most of their material and will listen from time to time, but usually listening to more new stuff, especially newly discovered bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 6:39 pm

I've done major pruning over the years to what I feel I "need" to own. There are many bands that I respect, admire and have enjoyed over the years...but I don't feel the need to hear them anymore.

some groups in this category for me: Scorpions, Queensryche, Van Halen, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Savatage, Testament, Metal Church, Soundgarden, Ted Nugent, Anthrax, many others.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm slowly trying to get un-burnt out on Maiden..
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:54 pm

most of the traditional bands like Fate, Priest, Dio, Doro, Scorps... anymore i mostly stick with the more extreme stuff.

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Big mortification, Petra, stryper and tourniquet fan. But I barely listen to their music in a very long time. Most of their music I know by heart, so I don't feel like listening to their music
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:30 pm

I will go awhile not listening to certain bands then all of a sudden go on a binge and listen to everything I have by them consecutively. Recently it was Savatage, Tourniquet, MSG, and Slayer. Though my Slayer content is limited to Show no Mercy thru Reign In Blood on vinyl, my neck still hurts.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm with James, I take breaks but then it's like I just go nuts on a band for awhile or even a style. Lately i've been pulling out a lot of Annihilation, Laaz Rockit and Meliah Rage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:01 am

mc666 wrote:
most of the traditional bands like Fate, Priest, Dio, Doro, Scorps... anymore i mostly stick with the more extreme stuff.

I can definitely relate. Even though my tastes lean more towards progressive than extreme...but when I listen to Metal the straight-ahead stuff bores me, it either needs to be dark, doomy, groovy, retro or experimental to really catch my attention.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:12 am

Mortification, Metallica, Tourniquet, Bolt Thrower and Iron Maiden are 5 bands that I'm mad on, but haven't played for ages.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:34 am

Count me in on Maiden too. I've been on about a two year sabbatical from them and I keep waiting to break out of the funk. Thought Flight 666 might've done the job but it didn't.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Nowadays I'd say most of them: KISS, Savatage, Metallica, Stryper..... I mostly listen to new stuff.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:38 pm

The Beatles. I love 'em, but I've listened to each album about 495,000 times. When I do listen, they still blow me away, but I just know the material SO well by now.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

still njoying bon Jovi's Circle album since the day of its released. unbelieveable, i never get into BonJovi's albums as this one, i really dig it.
second is KiSS Sonic Boom.
third Jamie Foxx's Unpredictabel album since 2008... dunno what happen to me.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:07 pm

detuned wrote:
I've done major pruning over the years to what I feel I "need" to own. There are many bands that I respect, admire and have enjoyed over the years...but I don't feel the need to hear them anymore.

Every time I try and do this, I end up buying stuff back anyway... lol!

But I have been able to control myself a little...
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:53 pm

It's not that I have grown tired of them, it is just that when I'm scanning my cds for something to take with me I've heard them so many times over the years I assume that I will find it boring. The cds I always think "Why don't I play this more often" would be:
Suicidal Tendencies---How will I laugh....
the Crucified---Pillars of Humanity
Black Sabbath---Heaven and Hell (Although I've played this a ton over the last week or so)
Overkill---Horrorscope (which I claim is my all time fave cd!!)
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:18 am

I love Deep Purple but I feel like I cant branch out from a small classic era from them. I cant make myself like anything before "In Rock" and I'm not really that impressed by anything they did after Blackmore left, and I feel like they really lost some of their heart and soul when Glover and Gillian left in '73.

So that limits me to about 4 or 5 albums and I'm kinda sick of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite bands you barely listen to?   Favourite bands you barely listen to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite bands you barely listen to?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next