Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...

Go down 
+38
fingers
metalhead777
Trial by Fire
Jedilink
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
krokus
kmorg
Leatherface
James B.
MetalFRO
manny
Stender
tohostudios
akeldama
jstate
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
7thSecond
XYZ
Schbopo
metalmaniac122
sam
Glenn Rogers
SlaytanicPOWER
DeathCult
Temple of Blood
sheets
Wicked Rick
mc666
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Hamer12
thejokeriv
ultmetal
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Empty
PostSubject: Bands you use to love but don''t listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:49 am

I'm not neccessarily asking which bands you don't like at all anymore, but bands you use to listen to frequently but don't listen to much or at all anymore. Perhaps you are just burned out on them, or lost interest, or for no reason at all, just don't listen them as much as in the past.

A couple that came to mind few for me:
STRATOVARUS (use to love this band, but can't remember the last time I grabbed one of their CDs.)

DREAM THEATER (loved this band when Images & Words and Awake came out but with subsequent releases became bored with them and hardly ever listen to them.)

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN (for a looooong time I didn't really listen to much at all, but for some reason this past few months have been on a bit of a Ynqwie kick and have enjoyed revisiting those old albums.)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:30 am

Used to love Motley Crue in high school - haven't listened to them since Theater Of Pain came out..... They lost me
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:34 am

I tend to go through spells, I've been on a Faith No More kick lately. King's X is one of my all time favorites, but I have'nt listened to them in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

Megadeth
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

I felt that way about Metallica for a long time until Death Magnetic came out!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:37 am

I've always gone through "phases", even with bands that I love. Sometimes I won't listen to them for years, but then all of a sudden get a craving and want to hear everything in their catalog.

The only bands I can think of at the moment are Tool, Soundgarden, Ministry who fall into the "never listen to anymore" category.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:43 am

Bands like Into Another or Velocity Girl hardly get spun, despite my adoration of them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:50 am

First one that comes to mind is Anthrax. Once John Bush came on board I walked away. Nowadays AMONG THE LIVING still comes out for an occasional spin but that's about it.

Four or five years ago I went thru a heavy Danzig phase but haven't listened to much from that camp in awhile either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:58 am

The Beatles. I always list them as my all-time favorite group, but I am so stinkin' familiar with all their albums that I don't listen to them much these days. Funny thing is that each time I pull out one of their albums to listen to, I always love it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:02 am

Most hair/glam band of the 80's. I used to listen to this stuff all the time, but I rarely listen to it anymore, due to burn-out and overall cheesy-ness of it all. Alot of that stuff didn't age well.

There was also alot of hair metal tapes that I never bothered to upgrade to cd and I don't miss it.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:14 am

Bride

My all-time favorite, but just don't listen to them that much. All their best stuff is now so old and familiar that I don't get around to it much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

I never bothered to replace the majority of my metal collection (which was stolen in the mid-90's). Some bands I've gone back and picked up again, but for the most part I feel like it was a "been there, done that" kind of a thing and there's too many other forms of music I love now that occupy my listening time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

I don't hardly ever listen to Alice or Deep Purple although they are my 2 favorites of all time. Sad
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:39 am

don't listen to Megadeth much anymore. still love the first 4 albums though.

Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Queensryche

They never recovered from Operation Mindcrime.

NEVER.

One more time since Operation Mindcrime is on my top 5 metal cds of all time.

NEVER!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
don't listen to Megadeth much anymore. still love the first 4 albums though.

What he said
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
There was also alot of hair metal tapes that I never bothered to upgrade to cd and I don't miss it.

The "never bothered to upgrade to cd" situation seems to be why I've fallen out with a few of the bands I used to listen to. Never have bothered to re-acquire those Dokken, Overkill, or Nuclear Assault albums I used to have, among others.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Grim Reaper - had See You In Hell and the second one and loved them back in HS, but never seemed to add them to CD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Dream Theatre is a good choice. Loved the first two so much but since, meh.

I was a huge Ratt fan in the day but now I only have the greatest hits and don't pull it out much.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:37 pm

ANTHRAX
TESTAMENT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Queen. One of my all-time favorite bands, but I just don't find myself in the mood to listen to their stuff very often anymore.

Kansas. Was a fan in my early teenage years, another band that's fallen by the wayside for me, I don't think I've owned any albums by them since the 80's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:42 pm

MESSIAH PROPHET - Master of the Metal
Loved this album back in the day. Now I find it almost completely unlistenable for some reason.

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:48 pm

I was also thinking Hammerfall. When they first hit I was stoked but now I rarely listen to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I was a huge Spock's Beard fan for several years...had all their albums and played them frequently. Once Neal Morse left, I began to lose interest and now don't play their stuff much at all anymore...

I was a MAJOR Dream Theater fan up thru and including FII...after that, I began to lose interest slowly...saw them on the 6DoIT tour...then it went downhill...I've barely paid any attention to them since...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Iron Maiden actually, aside from the first 3, I really havent sat down with a bunch of Maiden in a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next