Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?

Go down 
+20
Sutekh
EvyMetal
Vordul
ultmetal
thejokeriv
QuothTheRaven
kmorg
Mordor
Troublezone
ThrashedOutCobra33
SAHB Healer
mc666
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 am

My number one bad vocals band is Believer. Good tunes, bad vox.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 am

I don't think anyone lostens to music they don't like. If it
s the vocalists that ruins it, it's still music you don't listen to. And like someone say, taste differs! I like some odd vocalists, like Peavey from Rage, Chris from Grave Digger. I also like King Diamond. But still there are other vocalists that I dislike, and then I don't listen to them.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 am

Bad vocals are a deal-breaker for me, too. However, some of the bands I love are an enigma to me. I do not enjoy death-metal growls as a rule, but I love Opeth. I think it is because Ã…kerfeldt's clean voice and the musicianship of the band is so good that I can overlook the growls. But bands like that only come along once in a while. There are a lot of bands that I want to like, but I just cannot get past the vocals.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 am

tohostudios wrote:

Take Bon Scott for instance. He really does not have a musical voice but I love him anyway.

I love Bon Scott's voice as well, even though he is not a great technical singer. I compare his style to that of Janis Joplin, or Louis Armstrong. All three sing straight from the heart with all their emotion for the song on their sleeve. That kind of "laying it all out there" connects with people and makes a singer more palatable.

How's that for an educated analysis?! Cool
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:51 pm

No - vocals can ruin a band for me. It's why I don;t have alot of thrash - I don't like the cookie monster vocals
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

And I love Kurts vocals.See,thats how people perceive things. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
No - vocals can ruin a band for me. It's why I don;t have alot of thrash - I don't like the cookie monster vocals

Check out the first two FLOTSAM AND JETSAM albums. The vocals are awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

I couldn't make it through half a cd.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

or Forbidden's first two.Awesome thrash with great vocals.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:21 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:51 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

I like his vocals too!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

AK is one of my favorite singers!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Quote :

You and me, bro. Just awful. I don't like Tech-Thrash either, so Believer just does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Agreed!

Realm, Agent Steel, Toxik...

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Nope...

That's why I hate Black Metal.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I haven't heard those in years - can't remember what the vocals sounds like - the closest to cookie monster I can handle is believer, never could get in to sacrament ot living sacarifice cause of the vox
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 am

Since were on this subject, i cant understand how anyone could enjoy blackmetal vocals. I hate those irritating high pitched screaming vocals.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 pm

blasphereion..............crappiest death metal vox ever..........great music though
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I haven't heard those in years - can't remember what the vocals sounds like - the closest to cookie monster I can handle is believer, never could get in to sacrament ot living sacarifice cause of the vox

FLOTS vocals are absolutely nothing like that stuff.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:34 pm

I can listen to some black metal and death metal, if it's melodic or symphonic. But normally I can't stand any of it, due to the vocals. I can listen to some riffs, and solos since there's no parts with vocals, but when they kick in, I turn off the tune.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 am

I'm not a big fan of black metal vocals, so hence not a big fan of black metal. The band I love musically but the vocalist grates on me here and there is Haven. Excellent tunes, well-played, but Kevin Ayers is just too nasal for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 am

I hate Axl Rose, but I can sit thru a few GnR songs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:47 am

Yeah GNR would be tolerable if the dying cat vocals were done away with.

A band that the vocals ruins for me is Tourniquet. Decent music, absolutely horrendous vocals, on all albums excapt for Pathogenic...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 am

Man, I'd be the first to admit that Axl is a subpar vocalist and a class a jerk as well, but he's better than that. Where's the love? crazy happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 am

I have always hated his nasally, screeching delivery...he's fine when he sings lower, but when he gets into that shrilly high range, I hate it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?   Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you listen to some bands even though you hate the Vox?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next