Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders

Go down 
+9
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
No one else on the BLIND ILLUSION?! Shocked

You all can go suck a railroad spike

They're one of those bands that I've always heard much ABOUT over the years but never actually HEARD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
No one else on the BLIND ILLUSION?! Shocked

You all can go suck a railroad spike

They're one of those bands that I've always heard much ABOUT over the years but never actually HEARD.

Ill make you a CD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 am

HellRaiser wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Smashed Gladys

They had 2 albums - a s/t came out a couple of years before Social Intercourse. Some songs from 'Social' actually came from the s/t but were re-worked.

The s/t has a great cover of T Rex's Metal Guru too. Anyway, both are great listening to music

My pick is the Hollywood Brats.

They totally mauled Metal Guru, i thought it was horrible. Smashed Gladys only had two songs i cared for, both the Dogs/Faces like "Legs Up" and "17 Goin' On Crazy".

Damn right about the Hollywood Brats, doing what the NY Dolls were doing at the same time in the UK. They eventually morphed into excellent punk popsters The Boys.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 965 Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Agents

HARLOW- s/t
AGENTS OF OBLIVION- s/t

2 of my faves that come to mind...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 am

Bad Romance

Featuring Joanna Dean

Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:40 pm

rattpoison wrote:
HellRaiser wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Smashed Gladys

They had 2 albums - a s/t came out a couple of years before Social Intercourse. Some songs from 'Social' actually came from the s/t but were re-worked.

The s/t has a great cover of T Rex's Metal Guru too. Anyway, both are great listening to music

My pick is the Hollywood Brats.

They totally mauled Metal Guru, i thought it was horrible. Smashed Gladys only had two songs i cared for, both the Dogs/Faces like "Legs Up" and "17 Goin' On Crazy".

Haha, oh they mauled it alright - ah well I think it's fun anyways Smile

I always thought it was amusing that 17 Going On Crazy got reworked so much. The original version from the s/t sounds nothing like the Faces-isms of the Social Intercourse version. Instead it's a huge Gary Glitter/Slade-like glam-stomper.

rattpoison wrote:
Damn right about the Hollywood Brats, doing what the NY Dolls were doing at the same time in the UK. They eventually morphed into excellent punk popsters The Boys.

Didn't know that - cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Rising Faith-The Arrival
Arkangel-Warrior (Kemper Crabb's [Atomic Opera/Radiohalo] 70s prog rock band)
Zion-Thunder From The Mountain
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:04 pm

I remembered Kemper Crabb's projet after Arkangel fell through:

Radiohalo-Illumination

Such a talented musician for his projects to fall away. Of course a lot of what happend was caused by his wife leaving him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 442_12_03_2006_2_44_43_behindenemylines

Has anyone mentioned this one yet? If not, it definitely qualifies. This disc is a bona fide classic IMO.
There's been talk of a new album for years now but at this point I almost hope it never happens because a follow up will never come close to matching the majesty of this baby 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 442_12_03_2006_2_44_43_behindenemylines

Has anyone mentioned this one yet? If not, it definitely qualifies. This disc is a bona fide classic IMO.
There's been talk of a new album for years now but at this point I almost hope it never happens because a follow up will never come close to matching the majesty of this baby 🤘

That would be another one! Great album!!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Recon.... good choice. 🤘
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 am

How about Femme Fatale?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 am

dirtracin1 wrote:
How about Femme Fatale?

Yep that's a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:21 am

Not to mention Milli Vanilli....
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:46 am

Chrissy Steele-Magnet To Steele
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders   Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hit N' Runs: Greatest One Album Wonders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2