Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
shamgar75
manny
martinsane
EvyMetal
kmorg
Sutekh
Lurideath
QuothTheRaven
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
Invader
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
MetalH
ultmetal
brontotex
HellRaiser
Fat Freddy
mc666
tohostudios
thejokeriv
ThrashedOutCobra33
White_Mage
MetalRob331
Mattallica667
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 am

Spinal Tap!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 am

Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Never seen Spinal Tap (one of those "slipped through the cracks" things)

I liked the Pick of Destiny, stupid though it may have been. Any movie that has a Dio poster which comes alive and starts singing is A-O.K. by me!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:13 pm

I think Jack Black is hilarious.The Pick of Destiny was o.k but I'm gonna have to go with Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Spinal Tap, no question!

How can you not laugh at the malfunctioning cocoon? And the airport security scene? And getting lost backstage? What makes Tap funny is the reality factor. The fact that some people in the rock industry actually thought it was a real documentary shows how absolutely spot on it was.

There is also the "classic" factor. Bands and fans will be laughing at Spinal Tap 50 years from now when Tenacious D has been forgotten.

"This one goes to 11!"
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Spinal Tap. I strongly dislike Jack Black.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 am

How can you not love a line like 'you can't dust for vomit'?? Tap all the way!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I liked the Pick of Destiny, stupid though it may have been. Any movie that has a Dio poster which comes alive and starts singing is A-O.K. by me!!!

I'm with you on that. What I also like about it is that it is a musical with metal music. I tend to hate musicals with a passion because they are full of crappy, vomit inducing music (Greece, Chicago, and that new pile of poop-Mamma Mia [I've heard and dispise the title track which gets played at work now and then]) it is refreshing to find a musical that represents my kind of music. Also I happen to like Jack Black (Saving Silverman is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen due to his character) because he is a nutjob and a metal fan-two things to describe me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:30 am

Jack Black is a metal fan and I do appreciate that. I for one like most of his characters. Shallow Hal is a new classic in my mind.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:21 am

Tap

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:53 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Jack Black is a metal fan and I do appreciate that.

Jack's cool. The hidden track on Dave Grohl's PROBOT album ("I Am The Warlock") is sung by him!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:01 am

Rock Star anyone? No love for Steel Dragon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 am

Don't make me choose! Both great movies and great comedy rock songs!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Spinal Tap is a far superior movie to Pick or any other movie made in the 2000's. No one will even get within a hundred miles of the truly well written and performed movies of yester year. Call me old or whatever, but aside from Kevin Smith and now Seth Rogin there isn't anyone who can write a movie like Reiner, Ritman, Guest, etc...

And Spinal Tap is so lifelike that the actors even toured after the movie playing the songs and if memory serves played and wrote a good portion of stuff on Break Like The Wind. And lets not forget Michael McKean in Light Of Day doing bass chores for the Barbusters.

And for all you Tap lovers search out The Return Of Spinal Tap from 1993, I have it on vhs, not sure if it is on DVD, It is touted as a concert performance, which it is and all the actors play, plus a ton of backstage antics featuring many of your fave's from the original movie.

Cuos and Cakes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 pm

I haven't seen Tenacious D (though it's one of the many movies on my to-watch list), but I have seen Spinal Tap. Classic movie.

I'll guess that Spinal Tap is better. They have the sustain.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:34 am

Spinal Tap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Jack Black is funny, but Tenacious D has nothing on Spinal Tap.

:lift:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 pm

I've got to go for the D, mostly because I just watched their HBO show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 pm

I just don't see how people can't watch "This Is Spinal Tap", and not find it funny. They take every Rock & Roll/Heavy Metal cliche, and wrap it up with a nice bow on it. There is no doubt a lot of subtle humor to it, which some people either can't grasp or they just appreciate the type of humor that is more "In your face". I like both, but have a deeper appreciation for what I deem a "Thinking man's comedy".

It's not just the lines in "This Is Spinal Tap", which are funny, but it's also the mannerisms of those in the movie. I think what makes this such a classic is that the characters in this movie are played to a "T", whether it's the band themselves or what I believe to be one of the best secondary characters ever in the movie in that of Spinal Tap's manager Ian Faith. Tell me that this scene isn't funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk8T9xAlsvE

"How are we going to get 14 people in a king leisure bed?" "Don't tempt me sir!"

"I'm just as God made me sir!"
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:20 pm

I like Jack Black & Tenacious D. But I like Spinal Tap more. There is "None more black" than the Tap. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Can I vote for Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper instead?

just kidding...

I'll take THE TAP!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I like Tenacious D's music and I like the Pick of Destiny a lot more then Tap. Id rather watch Riverdance then a movie that tries too hard to be funny.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:55 pm

mc666 wrote:
Spinal Tap were funny. Jack Black is not.

You are correct, sir!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3179

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:44 pm

I thought this particular scene was pretty solid. Fast moving explanation.
Someone at work asked me if I had seen the movie....
They said it was about the devil.....so I bought dvd for four bucks.
Lots of swearing - and I was surprised at that...
And at how he turned the security laser light security off...at the hall of fame.
Can't watch that scene with your daughter !
Master Exploder...was a super outrageous tune !
That scene was worth the four bucks...
" I did not mean....to blow your mind...but that s*** happens.....all the time." Lol !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D   Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spinal Tap Vs. Tenacious D
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next