Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tenacious D

Go down 
+12
sovdat
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
kmorg
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
Smindas
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:54 am

Any fans here?

I personally prefer the debut over the Pick of Destiny but i like the Pick a lof because of the ending song thats one great metal tune that showcases Dave Grohls talents..
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 3:19 am

Love them, and their movie.

I prefer the soundtrack, as it has some kickass metal songs on it.
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:16 am

They're like 35% funny, 65% retarded. I wish I could like them, but i find most of their stuff dreadfully stupid.
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:29 am

I like them. The HBO show they used to do was awesome.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
They're like 35% funny, 65% retarded. I wish I could
like them, but i find most of their stuff dreadfully stupid.

Ditto. The movie was entertaining but I'm not one to listen to the CDs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:34 am

No offense, but I just think Jack Black is overrated, repetitive, makes stupid music....and very UN-funny. I just don't get the humor..
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:25 pm

I disagree, I love the D. They write great rock songs which are usually pretty amusing. The film itself isn't fantastic, but it's worth watching just to see 'videos' to Kickapoo and Beezleboss, possibly their two best songs.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:29 pm

I like the movie.....I like Wonderboy.....I'm not familiar with too much else from Tenacious D.....
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Smindas wrote:
I disagree, I love the D. They write great rock songs which are usually pretty amusing. The film itself isn't fantastic, but it's worth watching just to see 'videos' to Kickapoo and Beezleboss, possibly their two best songs.
I love "Tribute." That's a killer song, and the video cracks me up. I also like "Explosivo." And Jack Black has a great voice.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:33 pm

How bout The D doin a whole cd with Dio?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:15 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
How bout The D doin a whole cd with Dio?

If Dio did that to me, I would be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I love "Tribute." That's a killer song, and the video cracks me up. I also like "Explosivo." And Jack Black has a great voice.

The part that ruins it for me, is the constant attempt at being funny. I just never found Jack Black to be funny...everybody would crack up seeing him, but I just thought it was immature drivle...or at other times...just...NOT funny. And the music just didn't do anything to me. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:50 pm

Tenacious D is damn good. You just bust it out when you're feeling kind of down, its just funny.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 10:53 am

I think it would be awesome cuz they would play that same style that we grown to love from Dio..

They do an awesome cover of Holy Diver..

I think what turns ppl off to Tenacious is that they are comedy rock. I look past that and think the songs are very well written and thought out even thought the lyrics are pretty harsh..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:13 am

Loved the first movei and CD, but the second one is better on CD than DVD

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 am

I'm not a fan of Jack Black. Ever since I saw him in that movie with John Cusack where he played the annoying know-it-all record shop clerk, I've wanted to punch him in the face. He reminded me so much of a real record store clerk that I knew and the guy was a total douche. He owned a used cd shop with some great selections, but I hated going there because the owner would just ramble on about how great everything sounded on vinyl, how any music made after 1977 sucked and his endless rambling about bands noone ever heard of. "Oh, you like these guys? Well, they just ripped of (band x). Band X is way better than these posers."

There's nothing wrong about trying to expand peoples musical views, but he did it in such a condecending matter that I think it drove customers away and his shop eventually closed. He was kind of like Comic Book Store Guy from "The Simpsons", only skinny. Balding, ponytail, annoying voice.

Anyway, whenver I see Jack Black, in my mind, he's that character and I can't stand him. The "Tribute" song he did was kinda funny, but after the novelty wears off, I'd get bored and the anger wells up at clerk/douche.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:28 am

I can take Jack Black in small doses.

My favorite music-related thing he's done is "I Am The Warlock," which is the hidden track at the end of Dave Grohl's "Probot" album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:55 am

I HATE Tenacious D. Something about them (cds and movies) just rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why.

Strangely enough - I love Jack Black's other movies.

Shallow Hal, Envy, ETC. I could go on and on ...

But Tenacious D - irks me. Just too stupid. Kinda like Dumb and Dumberer ...
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:58 am

I have no idea what you people are even talking about. And I'm glad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 7:42 am

spectrefate wrote:
I have no idea what you people are even talking about. And I'm glad. Smile

You should. Tenacious D are laughable (NOT in the humerous way!).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
They're like 35% funny, 65% retarded. I wish I could like them, but i find most of their stuff dreadfully stupid.
same here.. i just can't get onboard.

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:55 am

pretty good. to bad the movie sucked balls - which also happens to be one of my personal favorite pastimes.
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:51 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
The part that ruins it for me, is the constant attempt at being funny. I just never found Jack Black to be funny...everybody would crack up seeing him, but I just thought it was immature drivle...or at other times...just...NOT funny. And the music just didn't do anything to me. Just my thoughts.
Nah, the "Tribute" video is all funny to me.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:14 pm

I saw the movie recently (the one with that pick of destiny), but I
found it boring, mostly. Just another new movie with humour which
supposed to be funny, but is just stupid and repetitive. I didn't even
know that there was a CD of his, but if it's on the same level as those
songs in the movie, then I don't even want to know about it.
Back to top Go down

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:59 pm

sovdat wrote:
I saw the movie recently (the one with that pick of destiny), but I
found it boring, mostly. Just another new movie with humour which
supposed to be funny, but is just stupid and repetitive. I didn't even
know that there was a CD of his, but if it's on the same level as those
songs in the movie, then I don't even want to know about it.

I agree. Stupid and repetitive. I'd also add the word "derivative". And yeah, the cds are on the same level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tenacious D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenacious D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: