Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review question...

Go down 
+10
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Review question... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Short reviews like the sites that people here have. If I want a book I'll go buy one.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:58 pm

I like short reviews that get to the point. I like knowing what reviewers standout songs are in their opinion and the overall feel of it.

Song by song analysis is just uncalled for because every band has a bad song or more.

A small paragraph is perfect!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Not really concerned with the length, just the content. I don't care too much for the song by song detail, but with that being said I do like to read about how a song or songs sticks out and why. I like to know what they think and why, a little background, relating facts, or even some story are cool. The more obscure albums could sometimes really benefit from a more involved review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

I'd love to write short reviews, but I can't. Instead, what I like to do is make the review sort of personal, if possible. I think that makes a longer review more interesting, if you sort of tie it into something else. I also think it makes the review seem more genuine, like the reviewer truly gives a crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:02 pm

journeyman wrote:
Not really concerned with the length, just the content.

That's what she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review question...   Review question... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review question...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2