Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...

Go down 
+13
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
jstate
rattpoison
ultmetal
Shiney
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
XYZ
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Do The Presidents Of The United States count? If so me and me daughter are big fans. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Do The Presidents Of The United States count? If so me and me daughter are big fans. Very Happy

Yeah, I think they count
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rusted Root! Hells yeah!

They are one of the more unique bands that I ever stumbled upon. I have to admit it, I was a "Party of Five" fan, and I heard the song "Send Me On My Way". I just thought their sound was so robust. It was like, how many different instruments or noises can we combine, and yet make it still sound so cool. It blew me away. They're just different.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Though there is genre confusion with this I believe these bands works for the alt/rock label:

Daniel Amos-a pioneer in Christian alternative. I only have Mr. Buechner's Dream & And So It Goes, but I like them both (to an extent-I don't listen that often).

The Choir-another pioneer in Christian alternative. I don't have the older Choir Boys material but I really love the album Flap Your Wings. Also Circle Slide isn't half bad but like DA, I don't often listen to it.

There is also Adam Again and The 77's though I couldn't get into either of them much. However I have an Adam Again double album (2 on 1 CD) that I am willing to give another listen to later.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm not into alt rock, but I do have some stuff from hard rock groups considered by some to be alternative. I don't consider any of these alternative.

-The Cult (I do, however, consider the 1994 s/t to be alt, and the first two were alt in their time...I suppose)
-Beautiful Creatures
-Buckcherry
-Jet
-Nashville P*ssy
-The Trews
-U2
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:50 pm

[b]NIRVANA
R.E.M. (THIS IS ON ALT, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE GRUNGE)
SOUNDGARDEN
PEARL JAM
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
ALICE IN CHAINS
SMASHING PUMPKINS
THE CURE (IN WAYS YOU CAN CALL THEM ALT, BUT THEY'RE MOSTLY NEW WAVE)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...   Your Favorite Alt/Rock band... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Alt/Rock band...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4