Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar strings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:25 pm

To all the guitar players on this board i was wondering what strings do you use (electric) and the reason you like them over other brands? I seem to like the D'addario XL's.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:17 am

I've never really noticed a diffrence in strings (brand-to-brand) so it dosent really affect me, although I buy Ernie Ball strings just because they're the only Hybird Series strings I can get
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:06 am

White_Mage wrote:
I've never really noticed a diffrence in strings (brand-to-brand) so it dosent really affect me, although I buy Ernie Ball strings just because they're the only Hybird Series strings I can get

Check out DR's "Dimebag" HI Voltage ones. Very good hybrid strings.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:20 pm

Being an avid guitar player i only go with GHS boomers they sound so good for metal and are the strongest quality strings i played i usually play 11's and sometimes 10's
Back to top Go down

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Being an avid guitar player i only go with GHS boomers they sound so good for metal and are the strongest quality strings i played i usually play 11's and sometimes 10's
That's what I used to use. Why? Steve Clark used them. Haha. Since I emulated that guy's style when I began playing, I just played GHS. That worked for me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Really? I actually hate those strings because they go out of tune easy and break easy too. I originally checked them out cuz Zak Wylde played them but when i put them on they sounded like crap. D'Addario has been great... they last a long time and stay in tune well.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 am

Well strings always seem to go out of tune on me, i seem to play for long periods of time and with all the bending it just happens. I never had any trouble with the GHS strings. Strings are going to break eventually and the longer they last depends on who and how you take care of them. I play in so many different tunings and that's a lot of wear and tare on my strings but they never break.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guitar strings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar strings   Guitar strings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar strings
Page 1 of 1