Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage's Strings to a Web

Go down 
+10
Alex Dee Rokket
Eyesore
bassman
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Olafsto
krokus
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Rage's Strings to a Web Empty
PostSubject: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 am

What are your thoughts on this album?

I have read one average review on Metal Archives, and i'm hesitating to buy the album.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 am

If you like the last 3 or 4 albums you will like this one too. If you buy it, buy it with the dvd. Its a live DVD with many famous guys on stage with the band at WACKEN, very cool show.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 am

The reviewers over at Metal Archives owns the truth, so if you read one bad review ther you should not touch this album...... Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 am

Killer album and I much prefer the Rage of today!!! Hooks galore and its super heavy...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:04 am

This is another release I want badly. I'm a huge Rage fan and don't think they've put out a weak release yet. I'm sure this one won't disappoint either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am

I like Carved In Stone a lot, somehow Strings hasn't grabbed me much.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm

great album and what krokus said get the one with the dvd

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Fantastic CD! I'm really digging it. Vexer6 hooked me up with a copy and I've been listening to it all day. Played it through once and then started it all over again.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I like it a lot! It's been a regular listen since I got it a few months ago, I'm not too familiar with earlier material from Rage, but I think it's great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I waited a long time to buy this one and Carved in Stone, after reading so many bad reviews. But I got each a few months ago and thought both were very good. Kinda bummed I listened to so many dummies.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I waited a long time to buy this one and Carved in Stone, after reading so many bad reviews. But I got each a few months ago and thought both were very good. Kinda bummed I listened to so many dummies.

I don't get it. I think both are very good.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:18 am

I'm going for it!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

I thought Strings was a strong album, following in the footsteps of Carved in Stone yet slightly heavier and even thrashier in parts. You can't go wrong with any Rage albums released in the last decade or so since Soundchaser.

Rage has a very rich recording history and it would take me some time to get through recommending some of their albums. I am fortunate to own all their releases, they were not easy to track down and was even scammed one time but I persevered until I tracked the originals.

Definitely check Soundchaser as that was the rebirth of sorts for Rage, it is modern Rage sounding heavier and faster than, at least the band's mid90s alter ego.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I don't have all the early albums yet, but I don't think they've released a bad album out of what I do own.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 am

I still find reign of fear and execution garanteed to be their best.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 pm

I still need Strings To A Web but I believe they haven't put out a bad release yet. I think their best is Secrets In A Weird World. I love that album!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:29 pm

My favorites of the older albums are Reign of Fear and Reflections of a Shadow, also Trapped.

Last edited by Alex Dee Rokket on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm

I'd like to get this and several others but righ now I'm going to have put them on hold (I just bought two that I really shouldn't have, but they were at Wal-Mart and fairly cheap). Until I get a job that is.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I'd like to get this and several others but righ now I'm going to have put them on hold (I just bought two that I really shouldn't have, but they were at Wal-Mart and fairly cheap). Until I get a job that is.

i got Unity and Soundchaser last year in a store in prague, both for the price of one. Glad i did so.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:01 am

I like Strings to a Web a lot. Catchy, heavy tunes and a great sounding record. It has a lot of different kinds of Rage songs. The Empty Hollow tracks in the middle are great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

I picked up black In mind and carved in stone today. Amazing albums. Glad I got them.

strings to a web should arrive in my mail any day now. headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 pm

I finally picked up my copy back around Christmas and it was just as I expected. Solid typical current Rage. Not a disappointment at all. The follow up to that one , 21 , is even better I think.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Bad reviews? Wtf??
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I picked up black In mind and carved in stone today. Amazing albums. Glad I got them.

strings to a web should arrive in my mail any day now. headbanger headbanger 
Black in Mind is amazing. A severaly underrated album that really should be a heavy metal classic by now.

I own these Rage CD's:

Perfect Man
Trapped!
The Missing Link
Black in Mind
End of All Days
Lingua Mortis
XIII
Ghosts
Unity
Soundchaser
Carved in Stone (with DVD)
Strings to a Web (with DVD)
21 (with Live in Tokyo bonus disc)
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I have read one average review on Metal Archives, and i'm hesitating to buy the album.

Please be joking.

If it makes you feel better, they're 2 other poorly-written POSITIVE interviews as well.  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage's Strings to a Web   Rage's Strings to a Web Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage's Strings to a Web
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next