Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm getting a new guitar!

Go down 
+12
Jesusandmetal23
Dave the Boss
Am I Evil?
Glenn Rogers
powermacho
ultmetal
INVADERS
Troublezone
ultrametal
Schbopo
sam
holydiver97595
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

I'm getting a new guitar! Empty
PostSubject: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:45 pm

As the subject says, I'm getting a new guitar! I have a budget maxed at $400. I currently own a Fender Squier Affinity Series Strat, and I'm looking at a Ibanez ART100. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Edit: I play mainly rock and metal. That's why I'm on this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 pm

get a jackson:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=520304
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:59 pm

You can't go wrong with any kind of Gibson.
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:23 am

For about that price or less you can get a great Agile guitar I have one heres a few to look at. I love My Agile it looks feels like a Gibson at a fraction of the cost and sounds awesome!

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000mhsb.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000m2ts.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000te.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1370.html

Heres my Agile pic...

I'm getting a new guitar! MyGuitars076
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:12 am

Quote :
I have a budget maxed at $400.

Why don't you keep saving your money a little longer and get a quality guitar?
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 am

- Get an ESP or an LTD
- I'm saving for an LTD Viper.
- Quality guitar, and not very expensive. Equipped with EMP 81 and 85's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:07 am

That Agile sounds great! It has EMG pickup and will tear a hole through your walls. When you hear Ulitmatum's new CD, the rhythms for Steeler and Metal Health were recorded with that guitar.

I know some other bands use those Agile guitars as well. My friend Justin from Phoenix, AZ has several of them and swear by them. It's worth investigating before you plunk down your money for something else.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:00 am

I would strongly recomend you a schecter, or washburn.

schecter Hellraiser deluxe $500 EMG'S

Washburn WV40 $500

Just keep on looking on websites like musicians friend before you go to a store. There are plenty of guitars for any price. Tips
-quality guitars, don't get a cheap jackson, DEAN, or BC RICH
-no Tremolos unless they are original FLOYD ROSE which you only find on expensive guitars
- Try to Get guitars with EMG pick ups
- don't get bolt on guitars, try to find set necks
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Checkout the Jackson site...They announced three new guitars...

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/news/index.php?display_article=62
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

I've decided to save my money for something better. Probably a Gibson Explorer. I've heard they're great. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:00 pm

I got a RG original series for 85 nice shape and is great.just look around online people are dumb and sell stuff they bought for 500-1000$ for like 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

So what guitar did you get? I am planning on getting another one. Let's see by the end of this week I win one I am biding on eBay
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:46 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
I've decided to save my money for something better. Probably a Gibson Explorer. I've heard they're great. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

You can't go wrong with a Gibson Explorer. I have a faded model from 2008, and that is one of the best guitars I've ever played. Schecter, Jackson, BC Rich and Ibanez all pale in comparison imo.

powermacho wrote:

-no Tremolos unless they are original FLOYD ROSE which you only find on expensive guitars
- Try to Get guitars with EMG pick ups
- don't get bolt on guitars, try to find set necks

Have to disagree with you on all those points. I absolutely hate Floyds. The time it takes to set it up is simply not worth it. Gimme either a Wilkinson tremolo or just a normal TOM with stopbar any time of time. EMGs are overrated imo. Believe me, a Gibson Flying V with 496R and 500T humbuckers sounds way heavier than a Schecter Hellraiser V with active EMGs. And regarding bolt on necks, the problem is mostly that very few high end guitars have 'em. I've played on my friends Carvin Bolt-T guitar and it played wonderfully and had great sustain. Besides, bolt on necks are much easier to have fixed/fix if the neck breaks.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:

Don't get an explorer, get a V.

Anyways, I play fenders most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:

Have to disagree with you on all those points. I absolutely hate Floyds. The time it takes to set it up is simply not worth it. Gimme either a Wilkinson tremolo or just a normal TOM with stopbar any time of time. EMGs are overrated imo. Believe me, a Gibson Flying V with 496R and 500T humbuckers sounds way heavier than a Schecter Hellraiser V with active EMGs. And regarding bolt on necks, the problem is mostly that very few high end guitars have 'em. I've played on my friends Carvin Bolt-T guitar and it played wonderfully and had great sustain. Besides, bolt on necks are much easier to have fixed/fix if the neck breaks.

Yup. Floyds are mega annoying.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Gibson SG's are the greatest guitars known to man.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:25 am

Schbopo wrote:
Gibson SG's are the greatest guitars known to man.

Don't know about the greatest guitar, but they are absolutely amazing. Monday I'm gonna buy my first Gibson SG, a Standard version in cherry red. Someday, when I'm a rich sonnuvabiatch I'm gonne get meself one of these:

I'm getting a new guitar! 479929

Though I'm probably gonna save some money to buy a Carvin next.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Don't get an explorer, get a V.

No way. Vs look really cool, and the sound is good, but the Explorer is SO much easier to play sitting down it's not even funny. But with that said, I'd love to have a white Gibson V. That is one sexy guitar.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 am

My three favorite guitar companies are Jackson, Ibanez and Gibson. I own a Jackson/soloist but i wouldn't mind getting a Tony Iommi SG as well.

The Steve Vai "Gem" series from Ibanez are cool too.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 am

I guess I'm spoiled, since the only factory made guitars that I really like are Gibsons. Although I'd really like the an original Hamer USA explorer one day.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 am

I live and die with Ibanez guitars. They have everything I need and are probably the most versatile guitar brand out there IMO. Play a bunch of guitars and see what fits your style best and what feels better.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Play a bunch of guitars and see what fits your style best and what feels better.

Agreed! In the end it all boils down to what/how you pay and what you prefer in a guitar.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 am

Feck, just a month after I got a Gibson SG Standard I already fell in love with a different guitar:

I'm getting a new guitar! Fender-Dave-Murray-Strat

Fender Dave Murray signature strat. This is a copy of his 57 strat that he used throughout most of the 80s. No floyd + humbuckers = instant win for me. The only thing I don't really like is that the pickup selector is a three way switch. I could get a luthier make a coilsplitter though, but that'd probably cost a fortune.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Feck, just a month after I got a Gibson SG Standard I already fell in love with a different guitar:

I'm getting a new guitar! Fender-Dave-Murray-Strat

Fender Dave Murray signature strat. This is a copy of his 57 strat that he used throughout most of the 80s. No floyd + humbuckers = instant win for me. The only thing I don't really like is that the pickup selector is a three way switch. I could get a luthier make a coilsplitter though, but that'd probably cost a fortune.

I'm getting a new guitar! 778825 Wow man, that thing looks unbelievably awesome. I say buy. You can always send me the SG, ya know, 'cause we're such great buds and all. Consider it a favor. I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:42 pm

oohh, Dave Murray series. Fun fact, evidently that Strat he has used to belong to the guitarist of Free and was one of his main guitars. I think Dave saved up and won it at some auction or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm getting a new guitar!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next