Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
Follower of Jesus
Vordul
TH Joe
Sutekh
SideShowDisaSter
powermacho
kmorg
Thrasher73
ultmetal
exact33
outofstep
Stender
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:29 am

Stender wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
Detritus by a country mile. I never liked Seventh Angel, but Detritus was awesome, especially on If But For One.

I've been listening to "If but for one" a lot lately, picked it up from Vordul earlier this week, I think thats what spawned the idea for the discussion. The only thing I dont like about Detritus is the fact that they dont have that old school thrash sound like Seventh angel(Maybe a little more groove or something then SE?). Now granted, "If but for one" came out in 1993 just about when thrash was no longer cool to some and also when all kinds of sub genres were emerging, If they could have just pulled off that older style I dont know who I would vote for.

I have never heard Perpetual Defiance, So I dont know what they originally sounded like or if they changed at all. But just listening to the album I have, Detritus is way more innovative/different then Seventh Angel, but Seventh Angel still takes it for me.

You'd probably like Perpetual Defiance a lot more then. It was much more old school. On IBFO, they went in a more melodic direction (which is why I like it better).
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

You'd probably like Perpetual Defiance a lot more then. It was much more old school. On IBFO, they went in a more melodic direction (which is why I like it better).

Cool, I will have to get that one if I find a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:20 am

Good luck! That album is extremely hard to find. I finally found the mp3's on one of those Russian sites, and since I had the cassette back in the day, I downloaded. If you want a burn, PM me.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:53 pm

seventh angel is better but i like them both.they need to make another CD though
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
seventh angel is better but i like them both.they need to make another CD though

Their reformed, so theres a good chance at that happening maybe.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am

Detritus was good, but Seventh Angel pretty much ruled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel   Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detritus Vs. Seventh Angel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2