Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Seventh Angel?

Go down 
+7
T-Roy
powermacho
zombiewalkin
scottmitchell74
Rex
ultmetal
kethdredd
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm

7th Angel has a myspace now and supposedly there is going to be an announcement on May 23rd. New material has been hinted at.
Back to top Go down

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Holy crap. Smile That's a good thing to see first thing in the morning.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

That would be cool. I just scored copies of two other Ian Arkley projects...Century Sleeper & My Silent Wake.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:11 pm

I think the "new" material is going to be "The Torment" with different lyrics because Ian thinks the lyrics are naive.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I think the "new" material is going to be "The Torment" with different lyrics because Ian thinks the lyrics are naive.

Oh man, I hope not. That's just a bad idea. Mad

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm open to it. I'd like to hear what it would sound like re-recorded. Now if they just slap new vocals over old tracks then I will be a little angry.

I think Ian's lyrics were right for the time. That's why that is one of my top 5 favorite Christian metal releases.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:26 pm

The Torment is perfect the way it is. I'd not get the new one. It would be pointless. I'm too far along to re-memorize lyrics.

That's life. As we age and (perhaps) mature, our views alter as well. He should leave the old stuff alone. I hope this is just a rumour.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:33 pm

I would rather hear NEW material!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:42 am

Seventh Angel needs to have Ian as the singer and lead guitar. Then re-release some band shirts, sell some patches

I think since he has been involved lately on doom metal projects, he could do an album similar like lament of the weary. :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:15 am

Well I didn't care for Lament at all. Just not my thing I guess. Torment is epic though. Hopefully they do NEW material.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:19 am

T-Roy wrote:
Well I didn't care for Lament at all. Just not my thing I guess.

Weirdo!!

Anyway,I'll buy it regardless whether its new ,re-released,or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:41 am

Rexorcist wrote:

"Naive"? whats Ian thinking, is he no longer a christian? or is he simply referring to the general straightforward simplicity of the words? those lyrics were amazing IMHO.

In anycase, I think its going to be like lament for the weary again like powermacho said.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:18 am

Stender wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

"Naive"? whats Ian thinking, is he no longer a christian? or is he simply referring to the general straightforward simplicity of the words? those lyrics were amazing IMHO.

In anycase, I think its going to be like lament for the weary again like powermacho said.

He stated before on the UNDARK forum that he didn't like the first album. But he liked more the second album, and he was pleased with it.

You can see the Doom influences in LAMENT FOR THE WEARY, and what direction he is now. So is obvious it will be some doom/thrash style he will use

I also have to point out that the SEVENTH ANGEL leads, remind me of ICED EARTH every time I hear them
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:50 pm

If I may quote from the Undark forums (silentwake = Ian A.):

silentwake wrote:
No those lyrics are wrong on many levels. They are sanctimonious drivel. Fundamentalist nonsense. Si's lyrics were ok, it is my lyrics I have a problem with ...They were written by a young upstart with no experience of life who thought he had all the answers. I have learnt many lessons since then.

silentwake wrote:
JeffdlS wrote:
silentwake wrote:
No problem. I find lyrics very important, and badly written lyrics can really ruin a great song.

Hmm, in that case, have you ever thought of re-writing The Torment with new lyrics?

Funny you should say that actually....
Back to top Go down

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:26 pm

I've written things I wish I could take back...I understand.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:13 am

The news is out -Seventh Angel are back!! 🤘 Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:47 pm

Quote :

Thursday, May 22, 2008

We’re back.

Hi to everyone! Tell everyone you know that Seventh Angel is active once more....for the first time in 16 years.
We have 2 festival gigs booked for November and will be on the lookout for a suitable label as we are working on some new songs.
Thanks for your support,
Ian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Seventh Angel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Seventh Angel?   New Seventh Angel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Seventh Angel?
Page 1 of 1