Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Angel re-releases.

Go down 
+10
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Seventh Angel re-releases. Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Metal Mind to re-release Seventh Sign CDs with bonus tracks.

http://www.metalmind.com.pl/index.php?dzial=newsy&more=1448

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Retroactive just did this a few years ago. (sans the 2 bonus tracks) This reissue thing is getting to be a bit much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:50 pm

I think we already had a thread on this too. The bonus tracks are newly recorded, and shows the band going in a much slower, doom oriented style.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:01 pm

I didn't see a thread about the Metal Mind reissues.

Yup, these two albums have been re-issued several times over. I'm just going to hold onto my originals.

I really like the Bombworks' "Heed the Warning" release too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Speaking to a dude that doesn't own any Seventh Angel, but seriously wants to, which ones would you recommend? We'll just assume that the originals are out-of-print and out of my price range anyway, so onto the re-issues. Where should I begin?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Second post: https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/seventh-angel-to-reform-t5591.htm?highlight=seventh+angel

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking to a dude that doesn't own any Seventh Angel, but seriously wants to, which ones would you recommend? We'll just assume that the originals are out-of-print and out of my price range anyway, so onto the re-issues. Where should I begin?

You can't go wrong with either of them, frankly. Both their albums are spectacular. The Torment is a bit more trash, whereas Lament for the Weary adds some slower, doomier stuff in.

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Second
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/seventh-angel-to-reform-t5591.htm?highlight=seventh+angel

Ahhhh...saw that thread but thought it was about the band reforming, not about the Metal Mind re-releases.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm

I have the Retroactive issues and just downloaded the bonus tracks. Sorry but Metal Mind gets enough of my money already.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I`m in the same boat. But after reading a review of the Metal Mind reissues in the latest Sweden Rock Magazine, i`m not so sure anymore..
Here are some quotes fro the review:
"It`s ironic that Seventh Angel are christians since this is truly the thrash band God forgot"

"Both the drumming and guitarwork is a tragedy, anyone on your street, maybe even yourself could do better solos, hell even a well trained peanut could"

"If you buy this album for any other reason than Rodney Matthews`s artwork, you are proparbly related to someone in the band"

lol!
This is not coming from some 14 year old wannabe on Blabbermouth, but a regular reviewer in Scandinavias biggest and most serious Metal Magazine. So i`m not sure what to think...
By the way Metalguy he gives The Torment 3 out of 10 points, and Lament of the weary 2 of 10, if that`s any help Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Both albums are fantastic. Ian Arkley is a genius, although he finds these albums to be a bit immature. From this fanboy's perspective, you'll be hard pressed to find better christian metal from that time. (aside from Deliverance of course). Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Yup, these two albums have been re-issued several times over. I'm just going to hold onto my originals.

I really like the Bombworks' "Heed the Warning" release too.

kinda like metalmind re-re-released the believer stuff after retroactive...

I like the heed the warning cd too. I didnt think it sounded too different from the tape though...

Alex

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Olafsto wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I`m in the same boat. But after reading a review of the Metal Mind reissues in the latest Sweden Rock Magazine, i`m not so sure anymore..
"It`s ironic that Seventh Angel are christians since this is truly the thrash band God forgot"

"Both the drumming and guitarwork is a tragedy, anyone on your street, maybe even yourself could do better solos, hell even a well trained peanut could"

"If you buy this album for any other reason than Rodney Matthews`s artwork, you are proparbly related to someone in the band"

lol!
This is not coming from some 14 year old wannabe on Blabbermouth, but a regular reviewer in Scandinavias biggest and most serious Metal Magazine. So i`m not sure what to think...
By the way Metalguy he gives The Torment 3 out of 10 points, and Lament of the weary 2 of 10, if that`s any help Laughing

Sorry, but he's just wrong. I don't know what CD he was listening to.

Geez, even the picky reviewer at classicthrash.com gave these album FAR better reviews.
http://www.classicthrash.com/review_s.html#thetorment

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Olafsto wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!

Not to be a jackhole, but what album was that guy listening to? He sure as shyte wasn't listening to either Seventh Angel album... Shocked

The Torment is definitely the more straightforward of the two. Gritty and forceful thrash. Lament For The Weary, in my opinion, is a masterpiece! A highly original piece of work, combining chunks of doom and thrash, not to mention a few technical flashes, with a dark and depressing atmosphere.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Olafsto wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!

I was basing my opinions mostly on Ult's reviews on his site and the brief clips I've heard on cdbaby.com. That was enough for me to add these guys to my want-list. And none of the well-trained penuts I've met in my life time could play a decent solo anyway.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah, just for anyone that is still doubting if it would be a worthy investment to get both the Seventh angel discs I say Seventh angel is my second fav christian thrash band. Both those albums are great.

About the retroactive reissues though, didnt Arkley change the lyrics to a few songs because he thought they were lame or something? If this is true are these rewritten songs appearing on the metal mind discs as well?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Not to be a jackhole, but what album was that guy listening to? He sure as shyte wasn't listening to either Seventh Angel album... Shocked

The Torment is definitely the more straightforward of the two. Gritty and forceful thrash. Lament For The Weary, in my opinion, is a masterpiece! A highly original piece of work, combining chunks of doom and thrash, not to mention a few technical flashes, with a dark and depressing atmosphere.

I know many thrash fans that agree with you. I've read many reviews that say the same thing. I've NEVER read a review as poor as that one that Olafso listed. I don't honestly think that guy was listening to the CD.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm

I've never heard this band, though I've been interested in checking them out for quite a while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I know many thrash fans that agree with you. I've read many reviews that say the same thing. I've NEVER read a review as poor as that one that Olafso listed. I don't honestly think that guy was listening to the CD.

Yah, even the guy at ClassicThrash gave it A LOT of praise, and that's saying something. He hardly EVER praises anything, and considering he didn't even bother with bands that had Christians themes for the longest...

Re-reading what Olafso quoted, it REALLY seems to me that the guy slagging on them only used it all as an excuse to use that "clever" line; "the thrash band God forgot about" (paraphrasing). It really seemed more like preconceived notions than an honest look at the skill the band possessed.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I can only add to the comments these guys have given.Either album is great so just do yourself a favor MG and get both.And I would Love to see those peanuts play.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:56 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I can only add to the comments these guys have given.Either album is great so just do yourself a favor MG and get both.And I would Love to see those peanuts play.

I'd like to get both, but I can't find cheap (under $10) copies. CD Baby has the best price so far, so I might just get the debut for now, then get the 2nd one later down the road when I get some more cash in the Paypal account. Or I get some bids on that kidney I listed on ebay.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I'd like to get both, but I can't find cheap (under $10) copies. CD Baby has the best price so far, so I might just get the debut for now, then get the 2nd one later down the road when I get some more cash in the Paypal account. Or I get some bids on that kidney I listed on ebay.

I think you should get Lament for the weary first, it really is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:38 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Yah, even the guy at ClassicThrash gave it A LOT of praise, and that's saying something. He hardly EVER praises anything, and considering he didn't even bother with bands that had Christians themes for the longest...

Re-reading what Olafso quoted, it REALLY seems to me that the guy slagging on them only used it all as an excuse to use that "clever" line; "the thrash band God forgot about" (paraphrasing). It really seemed more like preconceived notions than an honest look at the skill the band possessed.

I hope you guys are right, reviews are just opinions anyway.
I was surprised to read such a bad review in that mag, as i said, it is a very serious one.
Reading the whole review i`m pretty sure he`s listened to the CD`s.
I could try to translate it, but i`m lazy and it would take a while....
Maybe kmorg has some input on this? I`m pretty sure he subscribes to this mag as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:00 pm

I have plans to get Seventh Angel albums and it looks like I have plenty of re-issues to choose from. I only know a few songs I heard on a compilation (White Metal Warriors) but I really liked what I heard.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:01 am

Boo to re-issues of albums already re-issued. Boo to digipak's.

DB, who's that in your avatar? That's a nice slice of cheese Smile .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:34 am

Quote :

Nicely put! I think that reviewer has a problem with Christianity in general to write off a great band like Seventh Angel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Angel re-releases.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next