Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
zombiewalkin
INVADERS
Lurideath
mc666
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Stender
powermacho
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:29 am

I am a nipple dick. TheGooch is a great kid. He has a bright future ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:56 am

"Nipple Dick?" Shocked

That's a new one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:04 am

I've always liked "Fabulous Disaster" and "Pleasures of the Flesh" better than "Bonded by Blood".

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like all of their albums up until Shovel Headed Kill Machine. It's grown on me a little over time, but I don't care for the new vocalist. Have not heard the new albums (aside from a song or 2) and it's unlikley that I'll be picking them up anytime soon. But as far as Exodus goes, all of their older stuff is essential, classic thrash. I even like Force of Habit and nobody likes that one. Very Happy

And yea, Spectre is a nipple d*ck. Laughing very hard

This is an excerpt of my review of the last Exodus CD:
Unfortunately I find new vocalist Rob Dukes to be a bit bland. It's not that he's a bad screamer by any stretch. Rather, he just doesn't quite have the charisma or character of any of the band's past vocalist. He largely sounds like any number of metalcore singers and is very monotonous. I read several reviews that have accused Exodus of going the way of metalcore, but frankly, Dukes aggressive barks are the only connection. Perhaps being a long-time Exodus fan, I'm just a bit hung up on the fact that Souza or Baloff can't be behind the mic. Many others seem to disagree with me, so take my opinion for what it's worth. It just seems to me that Exodus' past vocalists have helped to set them apart from the pack, while Dukes just fits in with the pack.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like all of their albums up until Shovel Headed Kill Machine. It's grown on me a little over time, but I don't care for the new vocalist. Have not heard the new albums (aside from a song or 2) and it's unlikley that I'll be picking them up anytime soon. But as far as Exodus goes, all of their older stuff is essential, classic thrash. I even like Force of Habit and nobody likes that one. Very Happy

And yea, Spectre is a nipple d*ck. Laughing very hard

This is an excerpt of my review of the last Exodus CD:
Unfortunately I find new vocalist Rob Dukes to be a bit bland. It's not that he's a bad screamer by any stretch. Rather, he just doesn't quite have the charisma or character of any of the band's past vocalist. He largely sounds like any number of metalcore singers and is very monotonous. I read several reviews that have accused Exodus of going the way of metalcore, but frankly, Dukes aggressive barks are the only connection. Perhaps being a long-time Exodus fan, I'm just a bit hung up on the fact that Souza or Baloff can't be behind the mic. Many others seem to disagree with me, so take my opinion for what it's worth. It just seems to me that Exodus' past vocalists have helped to set them apart from the pack, while Dukes just fits in with the pack.

I'd agree with most of that, especially the second part. The exception being the metalcore-connection, only becasue I'm not exactly sure what defines "metalcore". I just know what I do and don't like. And I don't like Dukes vocals.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:23 am

Exodus are like Overkill IMO,They dont have a bad release.Get them all you wont regret it.Fabulous Disaster is my fave.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:02 pm

I loved the album Fabulous Disaster (it's been a while, I need to get another copy) but never really had much else from them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Name calling not allowed, douche-bags!

B.B.B. all the way, DAWG!

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Quote :
dude, 3 words...

Bonded By Blood

Never were truer words spoken. Same with Lurideath.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Fabulos disaster is great men, It has 2 covers LOW RIDER and OVERDOSE. The whole album smokes from beginning to end

I heard that some guy didn't like Bonded By Blood. Well listen to the other 3 albums, you will like them. Bonded By Blood is more aggressive and darker than anything the band has done after. To me this is one of the best thrash albums out there
Back to top Go down
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Pleasures of the Flesh was the first Exodus album I bought, and damn near wore it out. I liked Fabulous Disaster even more. I bought Bonded by Blood after those, and was a bit underwhelmed by it then.

Fast forward to 2002, when I started to replenish my long lost metal collection, Exodus was one of the first bands on my list. I hardly listen to Pleasures anymore, except the title track. Fabulous Disaster is still great. Bonded by Blood, however, has resonated more with me now than it ever has. It's the one classic thrash album I continuously turn to.

They kinda lost me after that, though. I can't listen to Impact is Imminent or Force of Habit. Tempo is decent, and I only like the title track of SHKM. The new vocalist is way too metalcore for me. I've listened to Atrocity once, and it really didn't do anything for me. I owe it more attention before I make a final decision though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:24 pm

TheGooch wrote:
everyone raves about how great bonded by blood is so i bought it and i was like wow this sucks IMO

Give it time, and it'll grow on you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:48 am

You are all just a bunch of DICK-ANTILOPES angry
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:53 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

shut up you Ass-banana!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:55 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

shut up you Ass-banana!

Stop thieving, you Penis-On-A-Stick!! angry
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:55 am

Actually, Dick-Stick sounds better!!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:07 am

Here is proof that I am the founder of Nipple Dick, Dick Antilope and Ass Banana - https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/of-unsound-mind-f2/spectrefate-is-a-t5241.htm

Take that, Gooch!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:09 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Here is proof that I am the founder of Nipple Dick, Dick Antilope and Ass Banana - https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/of-unsound-mind-f2/spectrefate-is-a-t5241.htm

Take that, Gooch!

oh i can take it alright lol!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:14 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:18 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

wow he actually knows how to spell wiener
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:20 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

You insulting my spelling? - "Well, Oim sorrey moi freend, at leist oi doint speik loik soui" Razz
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:25 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

You insulting my spelling? - "Well, Oim sorrey moi freend, at leist oi doint speik loik soui" Razz

you sound like a ting-tong china man
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:26 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

Now, Now, Gooch - I know you have low self esteem, but stop being such a pesimist to yourself.

- I would love to argue verbally with you, but I am fearing the time where you get nervous, and start sounding like Jabba the Hut dying
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:31 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

Now, Now, Gooch - I know you have low self esteem, but stop being such a pesimist to yourself.

- I would love to argue verbally with you, but I am fearing the time where you get nervous, and start sounding like Jabba the Hut dying

hey gustav i will just tell everyone that the last sentence of yours was your very accurate description of Spectrefate that you were trying to get me to tell him the other day! oops
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:33 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Take that, Gooch!

WIENER IN A BOX

hey gustav i will just tell everyone that the last sentence of yours was your very accurate description of Spectrefate that you were trying to get me to tell him the other day! oops

GASP! ..you..EVIL-TEA DRINKING-SON-OF-AN-ANUS-FARMER!! angry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2