Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Chapter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 9:49 pm

I just picked up "The Living Waters" by Last Chapter and I'm really digging it. I see they have one other release and I'm pretty sure someone on these boards has them as their avatar.

How does their 2nd release compare to "Living Waters"?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 pm

Rob Lowe does not sing on the 2nd one, so it's lacking in the vocal dept. musicly it's on par with the first album. if they had got Rob to sing on that one too, it would have been perfect.

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:29 am

mc666 wrote:
Rob Lowe does not sing on the 2nd one, so it's lacking in the vocal dept. musicly it's on par with the first album. if they had got Rob to sing on that one too, it would have been perfect.
I disagree. Yes, the singer on the second one is not as good as Lowe, but "lacking" is not the word to use. He's a damn good vocalist, but simply pales against the god that is Lowe. Up against regular vocalists, he's pretty frickin' good.

And the second album is much more of a traditional doom album than the debut, which has those trippy, psychadelic-like instrumentals and such. Definitely buy Paths To Always, it's well worth it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:16 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I disagree. Yes, the singer on the second one is not as good as Lowe, but "lacking" is not the word to use. He's a damn good vocalist, but simply pales against the god that is Lowe. Up against regular vocalists, he's pretty frickin' good.

And the second album is much more of a traditional doom album than the debut, which has those trippy, psychadelic-like instrumentals and such. Definitely buy Paths To Always, it's well worth it.
lacking is the word I used. the album is lacking Rob Lowe. i never said the vocals were bad, just lacking.

& despite the keyboard interludes & instrumentals, The Living Waters was also a traditional doom album.

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 2:54 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

lacking is the word I used. the album is lacking Rob Lowe. i never said the vocals were bad, just lacking.
Well, to me "lacking" means sub-par. That's how I read it. No worries, though.

Quote :
& despite the keyboard interludes & instrumentals, The Living Waters was also a traditional doom album.
True. But I think Paths To Always is even moreso.

You realize we both just sort of repeated ourselves? Laughing
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 am

I like LC alot. IMO Paths To Always is a bit better, more traditional doomyness. One class act, this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 am

stepcousin wrote:
I like LC alot. IMO Paths To Always is a bit better, more traditional doomyness. One class act, this band.

I've added it to my want-list. Reading "more-traditional doomyness" almost makes it sound generic. I'll have to wait to hear it obviously, but I really like the trippy-ness of the first one, especially in the instrumentals. It makes it stand-out from the pack.

Thanks for the input, guys.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:17 pm

generic doom metal.....now is that such a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter   Last Chapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Chapter
Page 1 of 1