Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Chapter - The Living Waters

Go down 
+6
chilejay7
stepcousin
nevermore
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
DevZor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

Last Chapter - The Living Waters Empty
PostSubject: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 am

I've been playing this album alot lately. I've been loving their tripped out jazz/tradition doom sound. Anybody else here dig this band?

Also, I did a quick search on the interweb for these guys to see if anything more recent is happening with them but came up with nothing. Was wondering if any of you are more in the know than I am?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 am

It's a good album for sure. Spun it not too long ago actually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

DevZor wrote:
I've been playing this album alot lately. I've been loving their tripped out jazz/tradition doom sound. Anybody else here dig this band?

Also, I did a quick search on the interweb for these guys to see if anything more recent is happening with them but came up with nothing. Was wondering if any of you are more in the know than I am?
They broke up long ago. The singer on their debut demo and The Living Waters is Robert Lowe from Solitude Aeturnus/Candlemass.

They released a second album called Path To Always, which has a different singer, but he's really good. Great album.

Aside from that, the only thing I know that they released was a cover of Metallica's "Escape."
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am

Both Last Chapter albums are great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 am

Quote :
They released a second album called Path To Always, which has a different singer, but he's really good. Great album.

I thought they released a 2nd album, but never saw it. Good to know. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Here's a track from the second album:

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Sweet, I'll have to put my feelers out for a copy of that album. Based on that song I'd have to say I prefer lowe's vocals from TLW to the other guy. Lowe has more character. That being said I still enjoyed that song.

Quote :
the only thing I know that they released was a cover of Metallica's "Escape."

Yeah, "escape" is one of the bonus tracks one the disc I have along with 4 demos of the album tracks. Truth be told I actually prefer the demo versions better. The guitar sound isn't as huge and bassy which gives them a little more crunch and the rest of the band more breathing room. They remind me more of trouble's sound. Also the pace of the demos seems to be a hair quicker to me.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:13 pm

I dig Last Chapter. Like Devzor said, kind of a doomy/jazzy thing they got goin' on with that album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

DevZor wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Sweet, I'll have to put my feelers out for a copy of that album. Based on that song I'd have to say I prefer lowe's vocals from TLW to the other guy. Lowe has more character. That being said I still enjoyed that song.

Quote :
the only thing I know that they released was a cover of Metallica's "Escape."
Yeah, "escape" is one of the bonus tracks one the disc I have along with 4 demos of the album tracks. Truth be told I actually prefer the demo versions better. The guitar sound isn't as huge and bassy which gives them a little more crunch and the rest of the band more breathing room. They remind me more of trouble's sound. Also the pace of the demos seems to be a hair quicker to me.
Ah, so you lucked out. That's the reissue.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I love Last Chapter. I actually like Paths to Always more I think, but I've never been able to find a reasonably priced copy. I think they sell on Amazon for $125 or something ridiculous like that.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Quote :
Ah, so you lucked out

I know right!

Mind you its not all fun and games being this lucky. It's harder to walk with a horseshoe up my ass than I thought it would be when I signed up for this "luck" thing... Last Chapter - The Living Waters 387733

Still, it's a small price to pay for 4 bonus demos and metallica cover.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 am

Great album! Listening to it right now as a matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 am

DevZor wrote:
Quote :
Ah, so you lucked out

I know right!

Mind you its not all fun and games being this lucky. It's harder to walk with a horseshoe up my ass than I thought it would be when I signed up for this "luck" thing... Last Chapter - The Living Waters 387733

lol!

Noob! A four leaf clover will do the same job for you, and it weighs close to nothing!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 am

kmorg wrote:
DevZor wrote:
Quote :
Ah, so you lucked out

I know right!

lol!

Noob! A four leaf clover will do the same job for you, and it weighs close to nothing!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:27 pm

I just bought this album. I'm loving it! Kept thinking to myself, "this guy sounds like the singer for Solitude Aeturnus"......then I read a few posts up, lol! . Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 pm

bgsully wrote:
I just bought this album. I'm loving it!  Kept thinking to myself, "this guy sounds like the singer for Solitude Aeturnus"......then I read a few posts up,  lol! .  Good stuff.

Yeah, it's a great one. Seek out the follow-up. =)
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Love this album! I'm online buddies with the drummer Jason Spradlin too Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Chapter - The Living Waters   Last Chapter - The Living Waters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Chapter - The Living Waters
Page 1 of 1