Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
zombiewalkin
INVADERS
Lurideath
mc666
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Stender
powermacho
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Empty
PostSubject: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm

I personally like their new album but I haven't heard any of their old stuff and was wonderin if any of u could suggest any of it.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:13 pm

As with any band it's always fun to go back in time and see where and what a band came from. The Atrocity Exibition is their 3rd album since the come back Tempo Of The Damned, the first studio recording since 1992's Force Of Habit. If you like Atrocity you'd probably like Tempo Of The Damned and Shovel Headed Kill Machine. Though Shovel Headed features new vokills by Rob Dukes, but imo he was a great replacement for Steve Souza. As far as older stuff goes, I'd start with Fabulous Diasaster-TJ
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm

At the very least, you need the first three Exodus albums (BONDED BY BLOOD, PLEASURES OF THE FLESH, and FABULOUS DISASTER) in your collection. Those are the essentials. They're pretty hit and miss after that, although I thought TEMPO OF THE DAMNED was a fabulous comeback.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:09 pm

The first three albums are essential for any thrash fan, even a casual one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Jordanwsa wrote:
I personally like their new album but I haven't heard any of their old stuff and was wonderin if any of u could suggest any of it.
Wow, you have been missing some great music mamen.
Listen to all of EXODUS catalog. I have to say that their last 2 albums are the ones that I don't listen because of their hardcore vocals
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:43 pm

A very underrated Exodus song off of Pleasures of the Flesh (this is for the original poster):
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm

aight thanks to all of u, I'll look into it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:53 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/search.forum?search_keywords=exodus&show_results=topics
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Not as familiar with the old stuff as I should but I liked shovel headed kill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Stender wrote:
I've only heard one song off that album, Deathamphetamins.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Jordanwsa wrote:
Stender wrote:
I've only heard one song off that album, Deathamphetamins.

The vocals got all edgy later in their career which I thought sounded pretty cool too. Dont get me wrong, speed metal vox are tight too though.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:16 pm

I have some of the Zetro era Exodus, but I need to get some stuff with Baloff and Dukes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Their old stuff is approximately 99548% better than their last two albums.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:23 am

dude, 3 words...

Bonded By Blood

the new album was great though.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:19 am

Bonded By Blood is the most essential!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:01 am

Get all the Exodus albums.... every one smokes!!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:15 am

mc666 wrote:
dude, 3 words...

Bonded By Blood

the new album was great though.

The first album is my favorite. Complete and total thrash machine! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:17 am

I think Bonded by Blood is essential. scottmitchell doesn't. But then he's a little girly man trapped in a muscley body. Smile :defleppard: :benchpress:
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:46 am

everyone raves about how great bonded by blood is so i bought it and i was like wow this sucks IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:56 am

TheGooch wrote:
everyone raves about how great bonded by blood is so i bought it and i was like wow this sucks IMO

Not surprising.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:57 am

spectrefate wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Not surprising.

up yours i genuinly gave it loads of spins and it never grew on me so up your smelly yanky back side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:00 am

Putz.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:03 am

spectrefate wrote:
Putz.

you know you could try speaking english maybe. americans never could het the hang of it. nipple dick
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:15 am

TheGooch wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Putz.

you know you could try speaking english maybe. americans never could het the hang of it. nipple dick

LMFAO.... things get taken way too seriously on message forums
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:25 am

I like all of their albums up until Shovel Headed Kill Machine. It's grown on me a little over time, but I don't care for the new vocalist. Have not heard the new albums (aside from a song or 2) and it's unlikley that I'll be picking them up anytime soon. But as far as Exodus goes, all of their older stuff is essential, classic thrash. I even like Force of Habit and nobody likes that one. Very Happy

And yea, Spectre is a nipple d*ck. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either   Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Views on EXODUS..not the Bible chapter either
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next