Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
DeathMasqueRed
Muloc7253
Mglaffas81
TheGooch
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
the sentinel
ThrashedOutCobra33
Rex
MetalGuy71
kmorg
zombiewalkin
Mordor
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
powermacho
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
mc666
Todd Jaymz
tohostudios
mez
Temple of Blood
candlemass
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:55 pm

I pretty much hate MetallicA circa 1991-2003. I'm one of the ones that thinks the first four are the best. The new songs are the best they've sounded(from a studio release) since 1988. IMO of course! very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:56 pm

So I put the St Anger album on my Zune and the song "Dirty Window" came up in the shuffle today. It wasn't so bad, but it quickly fell apart. The lyrics were horrible! It's so apparent how disjointed the band was during that recording as the songs reflect it.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:59 pm

I agree. I once downloaded St. Anger in it's entirety and I could barely get through the first 3 or 4 songs. Granted, there are some moments, but like you said, it's so dijointed that it's really hard to enjoy. Plus that damn tin can snare sound is HORRIBLE! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:05 am

I heard some samples from the New material and OMG

I want this album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:07 pm

spectrefate wrote:
So I put the St Anger album on my Zune and the song "Dirty Window" came up in the shuffle today. It wasn't so bad, but it quickly fell apart. The lyrics were horrible! It's so apparent how disjointed the band was during that recording as the songs reflect it.
There are some really good moments on that album, but there is no consistency. The band had no idea what they were doing.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
There are some really good moments on that album, but there is no consistency. The band had no idea what they were doing.

Agreed. I actually think Frantic could have been a really great song, but instead, it was the start of a very bad album.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:10 pm

i dont mind it i have heard worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:45 pm

James' voice sounds really good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4