Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
DeathMasqueRed
Muloc7253
Mglaffas81
TheGooch
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
the sentinel
ThrashedOutCobra33
Rex
MetalGuy71
kmorg
zombiewalkin
Mordor
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
powermacho
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
mc666
Todd Jaymz
tohostudios
mez
Temple of Blood
candlemass
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Sure they can. Kiss did it. No one thought they could come back from Unmasked, Dynasty, etc. and then they came out with Creatures of the Night, one of their best albums ever.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Metallica just keep proving to me over and over that Dave Mustaine was the real heart and soul of that band. All respect to Cliff Burton as well. They just could never get anything off the ground after those two guys were out of the picture.

I can't completely agree w/that, though I think there is some truth there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:31 pm

powermacho wrote:
Metallica knows that whatever they do is going to sell, so they don't have to worry about getting a good album for the old school fans. Megadeth is way better, even their 2 last albums kick metallica ass

Word! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sure they can. Kiss did it. No one thought they could come back from Unmasked, Dynasty, etc. and then they came out with Creatures of the Night, one of their best albums ever.
I which Metallica would go back, and deliver some RIDE THE lightning stuff. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:25 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I haven't heard yet, but there is no way I can see Metallica redeeming themselves.

They could and the second song/riff seems to imply that, but I just don't think they will. I think they don't have a clue about how to go about making anything that can rival the first three albums.

But hey, if they prove me wrong I won't complain. Cool
I've said it before, Load and Reload were two albums with integrity. St. Anger was not; though I do think that album was a necessary evil. But they will never again be the Metallica so many people wish they were. The only thing anyone can do is hope for an album of good songs. Those wishing for something akin to those first albums really shouldn't even bother giving them a chance. It's pointless. They'll come away with nothing but disappointment.

However, I think a lot of those people "give them a chance" knowing this will be the case simply so they can tear the band down a little more.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:38 am

You are right, EYESORE, Metalllica is not looking to sound like before. Metallica has become the whipping metal band, since the NAPSTER accident. I know they will never sound like RIDE THE LIGHTNING, but we have to listen what Metallica has to offer this time around. I am wiling to give them another chance
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:31 am

Craptallica died with Cliff on the bus that terrible night sorry!!!!!!!!

They make music for money these days and don't give a smurf poo about their fans. Megadeth will always be better then them 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:13 am

I bought Load the day it came out. It was the last Metallica record I ever bought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:24 am

Just break up for good already. Or get Axl in the band and we may never have to hear either band ever again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:41 am

The clips sounded cool to me...even James' vocals sounded more "on fire"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:42 am

Mordor wrote:

They make music for money these days and don't give a smurf poo about their fans. Megadeth will always be better then them 🤘 🤘

And if Cliff was alive, he'd have his short haircut & be right there with him playing what James & Lars writes like he always did.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:19 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Metallica just keep proving to me over and over that Dave Mustaine was the real heart and soul of that band. All respect to Cliff Burton as well. They just could never get anything off the ground after those two guys were out of the picture.

SPOT ON!

All I heard that was old skool was a guitar solo section that had some wah in it. Which is miles better than anything that was on St. Anger. Still.....they will never touch Kill Em All thru Master of Puppets........why?......because they used the last of Mustaines riffs by they time the recorded MOP. afro

Last edited by zombiewalkin on Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:22 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mordor wrote:

And if Cliff was alive, he'd have his short haircut & be right there with them playing what James & Lars writes like he always did.

Very Happy

Cliff was good. He has his own style which really showed through on the instrumental stuff. I think I might have to agree with you some Shawn.....my impression from Cliff was that he was there for the ride and pretty much was happy as long as he could jam and puff his weed. Laughing So I can see him with the short hair and following right along with what James and Lars were making of Metallica at that point.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:34 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
Still.....they will never touch Kill Em All thru Master of Puppets........why?......because they used the last of Mustaines riffs by they time the recorded MOP. afro

Very Happy

I would never expect them to re-do Kill or Ride again. Those albums are already made and it's a different time. But that's not to say that they cannot make a modern metal album with that kind of songcraft and passion. Deliverance did it, and rivaled anything in their catalogue IMO.

Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I simply don't think that Lars and James have it in them anymore.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:48 am

Quote :
but I simply don't think that Lars and James have it in them anymore.

I agree. I dont expect them to make another Kill Em All etc. either BUT I do like the comparison with Deliverance. I didnt think Jimmy could put out a "Deliverance" album yet he proved to me that I was completely wrong.

So if Metallica puts out something that really has some thrash elements with some strong songwriting then I will eat crow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:59 am

I wish I only like what TOB did so i'd only own like 25 albums and could keep saying everything else was crap. Don't worry Eyesore, the day he outright says he really likes something will be the day Algore will admit he has no idea what global warming really is.
The clip actually sounds pretty good but I will wait to see about the album. I wish Kurt would get more involved with the songwriting and put some good thrash guitar into the music.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:09 pm

The video is gone Sad

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
The video is gone Sad

Just for you maybe. Still works for me. And I'm still not impressed. Meh.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
The video is gone Sad

What? It says it's no longer available. Give me a link, NOW!

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Mordor wrote:

Nonsense. Complete nonsense. How the hell does anyone know what Metallica would have turned into if Cliff didn't die? He might have wanted them to go country for all you know! Cliff died that night. That's it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
The video is gone Sad

Apparently it's not available in some countries. Guess your country sucks ass. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:05 pm

The link works for me.

What little I heard, I thought sounded pretty good. Metal? Hard Rock? I don't care as long whatever it is equals good solid songs that I can line dance to. That's all that matters in the end for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:06 pm

Quote :
good solid songs

That's all I'm looking for...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
The video is gone Sad

Apparently it's not available in some countries. Guess your country sucks ass. Laughing

I thought that little bit at the end where they say "BTW, don't let Kmorg see this" was kinda odd, now that you've mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 19976

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next