Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Troublezone
bgsully
Boris2008
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Required Fields
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Empty
PostSubject: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:50 am

http://web.archive.org/web/20040207085812/http://www.websurfnicaragua.com/music/st-one/st-one.wma

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound 47715

My favourite Metallica song - DESTROYED!!!!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:17 pm

I hate the drum sound on AJFA too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 4:10 pm

There is also a version of Master of Puppets with the St. Anger snare sound. Yes, it sucks just as badly as you would imagine it does.

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 4:51 pm

sick
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 5:19 pm

The One remix is actually hilarious  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Just goes to show how terrible the snare drum sound was on St. Anger. It can actually ruin even a great song!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm

One word comes to mind... WHY?!!!!! Might as well make a pop version of Number Of The Beast or a dance version of Screaming For Vengeance while your at it.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:08 pm

It's just for fun. One evening I edited together every Ian Gillan scream from the Born Again album back to back (cause I was bored), it ended up being 5 minutes long. Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:16 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
 or a dance version of Screaming For Vengeance while your at it.
lol!

I'm in!  Very Happy

Priest seems to dance up well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
lol!

I'm in!  Very Happy

lol!

That's actually not too bad.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
lol!

I'm in!  Very Happy

lol!

That's actually not too bad.

You're right. I may need to check our more of those mash-ups.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:14 am

I wanna hear that Gillan mix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:26 am

corplhicks wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/shawndudley/gillan-born-screams
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:24 am

Troublezone wrote:
Just goes to show how terrible the snare drum sound was on St. Anger. It can actually ruin even a great song!

I, honestly, had to listen to One (the original) twice to get over the bad vibes this remix gave me.

Cool
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:30 am

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

headbanger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 am

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Awesome! Haha
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

This thread prompted me to listen to St. Anger, as I've never really heard it before. I was curious if that over-the-top snare sound in those clips posted was really as obtrusive and in your face on the actual album.

A couple things. I definitely hear that snare sound in St. Anger as I listen to it, but it sounds way more part of the song (because it was) than those were someone added it over top.

St. Anger isn't as bad as I expected. If I had listened to it when it first came out, I am positive I would have hated it. I never even checked it out at the time because I knew I'd hate it.

But now, I'm kind of enjoying it. I don't know that I'll ever listen to it again, but it's really not as bad as most would have you think it is.

Edit to add: But it's definitely not the "return to form" the band was trying to make you think it was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:28 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Edit to add: But it's definitely not the "return to form" the band was trying to make you think it was going to be.

Those things very rarely are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound   Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica's "One" remixed with St. Anger's drum sound
Page 1 of 1