Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
DeathMasqueRed
Muloc7253
Mglaffas81
TheGooch
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
the sentinel
ThrashedOutCobra33
Rex
MetalGuy71
kmorg
zombiewalkin
Mordor
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
powermacho
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
mc666
Todd Jaymz
tohostudios
mez
Temple of Blood
candlemass
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Im diggin it a lot
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Kiss came back! Maiden came back! Priest came back! So, it's certainly a possibility that Metallica will too. I am psyched for a new album by them. I know that I am in the minority of people here who don't hate St. Anger (I definately don't love it), so I will probably enjoy a new offering. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I actually like St.Anger well parts of it. Its not like a awesome album but it has awesome parts
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:44 pm

there is a new video on their site.
http://www.missionmetallica.com/
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:51 am

It my opinion, they've got the vocals way too high over the music.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:25 am

Sounds awesome, i'm really looking forward to the new album!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

EvyMetal wrote:
It my opinion, they've got the vocals way too high over the music.

i doubt that's what it will sound like on the final mix, this is only a preview of things to come.
sounds promising though, although i'm not holding my breath
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:37 am

i like it a lot actually but if that is stuff that will be on the album then i cant see it being a metal album to be honest
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:26 am

This sounds really cool! - When heard james spit "suicide, I`ve already died", it made me smile - I like the vocal style he has used recently for recorded work..those obnoxious ("angry" is a wrong term), nasty snarls are so cool. This definitely sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:36 pm

I like the short clips of the songs on the video - can't wait to hear the full album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:53 pm

You guys heard that song? Love it! Not Metallica, but close. Haha!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:35 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
This sounds really cool! - When heard james spit "suicide, I`ve already died", it made me smile - I like the vocal style he has used recently for recorded work..those obnoxious ("angry" is a wrong term), nasty snarls are so cool. This definitely sounds promising.

i must agree that bit sounds really cool and the riff has a nice bite to it as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Uhmmmm Suspect , "St. Anger" or not, this still sound pretty boring in my opinion, looks like another "Load" or "Reload", but we'll see when the full album come out!

I think Megadeth are a lot better, especially in theese days...
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Wow, that's actually really cool. Is the whole album in that style?

I think that Sum41 are the only pop-punk band I smile and nod along to as they play. You might just even say I "like" them Razz

I surrender everybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Oh yeah, thankfully they change producer Bob Rock with much better Rick Rubin, the same who produce masterpieces like "Reign In Blood" and "Lucifuge" by Danzig!
Hope this will take the band in a better direction!
Back to top Go down
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:08 pm

i'm not getting my hopes up. i was duped by St. Anger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Wow, that's actually really cool. Is the whole album in that style?

I think that Sum41 are the only pop-punk band I smile and nod along to as they play. You might just even say I "like" them Razz

I surrender everybody.
Unfortunately, no. On each album they had a few "metal" songs. But they were just a punk band. I uploaded the five or six tracks they did that were metal tunes before. I can do it again.

The guitarist was the metal guy in the band, and he was really good. He's quit the band, though. He's now started a metal band, but he sings and isn't all that great.

With a more serious take and a different singer, they could be really good.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 am

It sounds like the black album andthe black album rocked!!!! 🤘
But I do like the older thrashier stuff better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 am

DeathMasqueRed wrote:
i was duped by St. Anger

I felt as though I had been anally raped in the musical sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I didn't even buy St. Anger and I felt ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 pm

It sounds better than anything after the Black album. I heard a few cool riffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:42 am

Everyone is talking trash about the album now. The latest few vids show them farting around with some riffs, and yeah, some of them are turds, but people are thinking it's the album.

I'm still amazed at how negative people are online. Is life that bad? Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 am

i'm still looking forward to the album. i look forward to every album. if many people thought that St Anger was bad... that's fine. i did not mind it & it did not ruin my opinion of Metallica. it was a misstep for sure, but not metal blasphemy. it just wasn't the album that they should have released. the new one will be an extreme improvement, no doubt.

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:09 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'm still amazed at how negative people are online. Is life that bad? Haha.

No it's not. But some things suck. Especially musically. For someone like me to say that the majority of music out there is good would be a lie. I don't see why someone can't be as negative as another is positive and the universe not implode. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:35 am

Emptytomb
Quote :
I wish I only like what TOB did so i'd only own like 25 albums and could keep saying everything else was crap. Don't worry Eyesore, the day he outright says he really likes something will be the day Algore will admit he has no idea what global warming really is

Very harsh. Who are you to say TOB can't be a narrow Metal elitist?

I'm embarassed to be associated with you. Who are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next