Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
DeathMasqueRed
Muloc7253
Mglaffas81
TheGooch
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
the sentinel
ThrashedOutCobra33
Rex
MetalGuy71
kmorg
zombiewalkin
Mordor
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
powermacho
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
mc666
Todd Jaymz
tohostudios
mez
Temple of Blood
candlemass
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Empty
PostSubject: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:02 pm

You elitist turds close thread now! lol!

This trailer blows St. Anger away! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Well, with St. Anger, they have no where to go but up, so I'm just waiting to see how high up they go. What can I say, I'm a Metallica die-hard!

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Well, with St. Anger, they have no where to go but up, so I'm just waiting to see how high up they go. What can I say, I'm a Metallica die-hard!
I heard some old school riffs in that clip. We'll see how it all pans out, but I didn't expect anything like this.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I think most of us have grown weary of hearing how Metallica is returning to their roots! lame
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:28 pm

candlemass wrote:
I think most of us have grown weary of hearing how Metallica is returning to their roots! lame
Pardon me, but where was that said here? I realize you're wearing stone-washed jeans, but try and stay relevant.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:34 pm

Sounds like average hard rock.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Relevant, is that what Metallica is these days? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:53 pm

candlemass wrote:
Relevant, is that what Metallica is these days? lol!
Never said that, of course. Haha. Now cut the crap, I will have order in my thread, dammit!

S'cuse me while I go smack Temple of Blood...
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

I dont know it is hard to tell in this clip but all I got from it was "Re/Load" vibe with some faster sections, nothing old skool in it, unless the "load" stuff is considered old skool now. The vocals are better than St. Anger but still sound crappy. I hope something better turns up than this.

Again the first thing I did mention was it was hard to get much from this clip. So dont get to mad at my negative words!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:13 pm

It's actually impossible to get anything from that clip, who knows if there just messin' around or what will make the final cut?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Someone delete this thread.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Seriously, I can't tell anything from that.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:29 pm

The fans want old school Metallica, if you've seen the band anytime since about 91-92 they play their ass kicking classic's live! Why don't they write a album to follow suit, they have to know the fans come to see those shows to see Metallica from the Metal years. I guess I'll just hope for the best, or hope there will be atleast 1 new song I can use on air haha. Good luck boys-TJ
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What can I say, I'm a Metallica die-hard!
i as well. i will always look forward to a new Metallica album.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Since it's Metallica, it;s a day one buy. The clips sound way better then st anger!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:04 pm

I saw this earlier and from the very little that I did hear it does sound very promising. I do here some things that sound like older songs so im thinking that they just mixed that into the video. I hear something that sounds like the blackend solo and then theres also the bells from for whom the bell tolls. That would be awesome if they use some of those older samples on the new album. This is only the first clip and there is more to come so we'll have to see. Also some of the stuff in this clip could just be songs that wont even be on the album so who knows. Ive grown sick of Metallica over the last couple years, but im really hoping that this will really make me a fan again. It doesnt have to sound like old Metallica I just want good songs. :goodluck:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:42 pm

This is no way "old school Metallica," but there are clearly some riffs there that stretch back to that time. Clips are short, but sound pretty good.

And I loved Load and Reload, so I'd take that sort of album over St. Anger any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Awesome. Can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Metallica knows that whatever they do is going to sell, so they don't have to worry about getting a good album for the old school fans. Megadeth is way better, even their 2 last albums kick metallica ass
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This is no way "old school Metallica," but there are clearly some riffs there that stretch back to that time.

No way Jose.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt here.We'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Metallica just keep proving to me over and over that Dave Mustaine was the real heart and soul of that band. All respect to Cliff Burton as well. They just could never get anything off the ground after those two guys were out of the picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
This is no way "old school Metallica," but there are clearly some riffs there that stretch back to that time.
No way Jose.
You're just being stubborn, then. Sorry. You don't actually have to like the songs to admit this.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28474

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:45 pm

I haven't heard yet, but there is no way I can see Metallica redeeming themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I haven't heard yet, but there is no way I can see Metallica redeeming themselves.

They could and the second song/riff seems to imply that, but I just don't think they will. I think they don't have a clue about how to go about making anything that can rival the first three albums.

But hey, if they prove me wrong I won't complain. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!   Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoa...New Metallica Tunes Sound Pretty Damn Good!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next