Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Lovedrive

Go down 
+20
skullsmasher
tohostudios
manny
metalinmyveins
assault_attack
TrogDawn
nevermore
Thrasher73
candlemass
martinsane
7thSecond
MoonChild
mc666
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
James B.
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Required Fields
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is your favorite song off of Scorpions - Lovedrive?
Loving You Sunday Morning
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 9 ]
Another Piece of Meat
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Always Somewhere
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Coast to Coast
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Can't Get Enough
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Is There Anybody There?
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Lovedrive
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 9 ]
Holiday
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage

Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:35 pm

My all-time favorite Scorpions album.

I voted for Loving You Sunday Morning, because I was in a record store around 1982 or so and someone put Lovedrive on the turntable and that was the first song I heard...I liked it so much I went directly to the register and bought it (after begging my Mother for the money of course).

I could probably have voted for just about any song on the album, but Loving You Sunday Morning has such a memorable riff/melody, it's stuck in my head for life...plus it's a great song title as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Another Piece of Meat followed by Holiday.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:03 pm

This has been one of my favorite polls to pay attention to. I don't think that I've witnessed a poll with so much balance directed to songs on one album. I've found most polls to be pretty top heavy on here. It's nice to see that people have such varying opinions on this record. Yet, the general consensus is that this album totally freakin' ROCKS! Every song has a vote, and the top 4 songs on this album are within 3 votes of each other.

For those who haven't voted, please do.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:25 pm

I chose "Another Piece of Meat" but there is not a song on this album I don't like. Fantastic release by this band. My favorite album is "Animal Magnetism" but "Lovedrive" and "Blackout" are right in there with it . One of my favorite bands of all time. This is the most rockin' era of their career in my opinion. As much as I like Uli Jon Roth there was a freshness and aggression that came into the band with Mathias. There is really only one album by the Scorps that made me think WTF and that was Eye 2 Eye. Not sure what they were after on that one, but Lovedrive is solid start to finish.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:21 pm

While I love every single song on this album I went with Is There Anybody There?.. Such a unique song with some interesting guitar work... While I know most scorpion fans know and dig this album sometimes I wonder if it gets overshadowed in the mainstream by Blackout and Love At Fist Sting?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:20 pm

The title track for me.
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:37 pm

This album was my introduction to the band. Tough call, but in the end I voted for the title track.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:38 am

Lovedrive

I even dig the reggae tinged Is There Anybody There? as well. This is a very strong album! Not a single dud on it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lovedrive   Scorpions - Lovedrive - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Lovedrive
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2