Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls

Go down 
+21
manny
akeldama
metalinmyveins
powermacho
Stender
DeathCult
HarmonicSqueal
Fat Freddy
Louder
Muloc7253
HellRaiser
the sentinel
zombiewalkin
mc666
Metal Misfit
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:12 pm

In high school I discovered this cool new band called Motley Crue. I picked up their new album "Too Fast for Love". The metalheads and rockers all picked up on it quick. Then when "Shout At the Devil" was released, we all loved it. After that I lost interest. Too much poodle pink pop for my liking at the time.

Since that time I've picked up a few other Crue albums. Scored Girls Girls Girls from LaLa. After listening to it twice through, all I have to say is that this album was nothing more than two singles and a bunch of filler. The title track and Wild Side are good songs. The rest is just crap. Anyone else have a take on this record?

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:18 pm

You pretty much nailed it. It's not a good album, save for a few songs. I can't remember how many I like, but not many—if any—more than the two you mentioned. I think that's the general concensus, too.

Theatre Of Pain is a lot better, in my opinion. That's a good album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You pretty much nailed it. It's not a good album, save for a few songs. I can't remember how many I like, but not many—if any—more than the two you mentioned. I think that's the general concensus, too.

Theatre Of Pain is a lot better, in my opinion. That's a good album.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on Girls... and pretty much the same with Theater of Pain too. I think it's pretty obvious that the band was in full grip of their vices and could care less about what they did in the studio. If you read The Dirt and The Heroin Diaries, the band pretty much feels that way too. If memory serves me correctly, on the Girls... album, the live version of "Jailhouse Rock" was tacked on just because they couldn't get it together to record enough material for the album.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:38 pm

i like 'em. it's true that other songs on albums are pure crap but ... somebody have to know how t sell albums
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Yeah, I think "Wild Side" It's the best song in it...

Not their worst in my opinion, but "Dr Feelgood" is much better than this album!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:02 pm

I agree with the majority here.Other than a couple of songs this is a below average Crue album.I like Theatre of Pain alot more.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Wild Side was a good song, but I've never heard the whole album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:15 pm

JerryOnly wrote:
Yeah, I think "Wild Side" It's the best song in it...

Not their worst in my opinion, but "Dr Feelgood" is much better than this album!
What would say their worst is? I'd have to go with Girls, Girls, Girls as their worst. Even Generation Swine, while vastly different, isn't a bad album. Girls, Girls, Girls is, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:27 pm

I'd say Girls is the worst.I even like New Tatoo better than this one
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:29 pm

If I had to pick their worst album, I'd probably go with Theater of Pain. Based on that it gets the least amount of spins, almost to the point where it's more or less just a filler/dust collector in my collection. While I didn't immmediatly love Generation Swine, I eventually warmed up to it, same with the s/t-Corabi album. Heck, I even liked New Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:06 pm

I only liked a couple songs off this album. I think it's easily their worst release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Theatre Of Pain was the Crue at their lowest, IMO. Louder Than Hell kicks ass, but the rest of it is crap.

At least GGG had Wild Side, Dancing On Glass and You're All I Need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Crüe's best album was with Corabi. Still spin it occassionally, and time again I'm surprised how amazing that CD is. People couldn't be bothered by then though - such a shame.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:36 pm

I actually dig this album a lot. It's a pop-metal cash-in, but I'm okay with that.

"Bad Boy Boogie", "Dancin' On Glass", "Five Years Dead", "All In the Name of..." Good stuff.

I haven't listened to it in years though. Now I have to play sometime within the next few days to make sure I know what I'm talking about. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:08 am

St Patrik wrote:
Crüe's best album was with Corabi. Still spin it occassionally, and time again I'm surprised how amazing that CD is. People couldn't be bothered by then though - such a shame.
As great as that album is, I don't think it even compares to the first two. Not by a mile. I'd say Dr. Feelgood was even better. I'd rank it fourth in their catalog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:13 am

Man, tough crowd here!

While I think that Girls is the weakest of the original 5 albums, I would still consider it to be a good album. Of course, the title track and "Wild Side" are the standout tracks. However, I wouldn't say the rest is filler. Certainly, songs like "Dancing on Glass" and "Five Years Dead" seem a bit autopilot, but does that mean they're bad? I think Mick's guitar helps even these songs shine. "Bad Boy Boogie" is, of course, a wicked boogie romp, one that adds some 70s blues-rock sound to the album. "All in the Name of.." is prime Crue; I don't see how anyone wouldn't like this song. This song has such an upbeat rock'n'roll sound. The major draw on this album is the riffs and Mick's guiar tone. He's got a wicked-distorted crunch to his guitar that just screams biker metal. I like this album.

But, "Nona" sucks. "You're All That I Need" is a bit too 80s, but still decent.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Girls, Girls, Girls & Dr. Feelgood were somewhat ok. they were a step up from Theater Of Pain. i don't like anything they've done since though.

still love those first 2 albums

zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:34 pm

I was dissapointed in this when it originally came out. I was a big Crue fan and this is probably where I kinda stopped caring about them. Dr. Feelgood was a decent album but for me the first two are all ya need.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I agree with Ult's summation 100 percent!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Very lukewarm album; lots of filler.

One of the few examples of an album where the best songs are the hits.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:39 am

I read that Motley themselves say that 'Wildside' and 'Girls Girls Girls' are the only songs from that album that they really care about.

They've still never topped "Stick to your guns! What's right for you ain't right for everyone!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:31 am

I've always liked Dancing on Glass, Wildside and You're all I need. The title track is not a fave either. Not a great album.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:31 am

I know this will sound like extreme genre naziism, but I've always felt that after Shout At The Devil they went from gutsy Metal to generic party rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:32 am

...and their makeup went from dark shades to light tints. So precious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:34 am

Louder wrote:
I know this will sound like extreme genre naziism, but I've always felt that after Shout At The Devil they went from gutsy Metal to generic party rock.

I think you would sound like most of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls   Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next