Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue: new tattoo

Go down 
+10
Glower
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
Thelemech
akeldama
Highway Star
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Motley Crue: new tattoo Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Picked up this album last Saturday. Played it today on my way back home.

Great album, lots of good tracks.

Any fans of this one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm

I remember picking it up as a new release. I like it very much. Take that statement with a grain of salt though. I pretty much like every Crue album to some degree. Even Generation Swine.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:36 pm

I remember liking it when it came out and that it was a return to form following the disaster that was Generation Swine. I haven't listened to it in years.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 pm

I love that album, it's very underrated.
I just picked up a vinyl copy.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm

It's in my top 5 Crue releases:

1. Motley Crue
2. Too Fast For Love
3. Quaternary
4. Shout At The Devil
5. New Tattoo

Last edited by akeldama on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 pm

I like about 3/4 of the songs, not their best but hardly as bad as some have made it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:50 pm

It's a good album. Lots of good songs on it. I really like it.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 am

Great Album..
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 am

Did Randy Castillo play drums on this one? I believe he did. Very nice guy, happened to meet him back stage at an Ozzy show. He was the nicest of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Did Randy Castillo play drums on this one? I believe he did. Very nice guy, happened to meet him back stage at an Ozzy show. He was the nicest of the bunch.

Yes sir he did
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Yes sir he did

Yup. It's the only Crue album without T-Bone. Randy fell ill and passed not too long after that. When I saw them on that tour, Samantha Maloney was behind the kit.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 12:40 pm

This is the only album you need.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 9:41 pm

I picked up a used copy of New Tattoo a few months ago for (if memory serves) $2.00. For that price, it wasn't a bad listen. The cover of the Tubes' "White Punks On Dope" alone was worth the two bucks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 pm

Found it at a pawn store for a buck a few months back. The casual listen it got didn't have anything jump out at me. Seems like one of those, "throw something at wall to see what sticks" kind of projects.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 pm

Never gave this album a chance. I haven’t heard more than one song. I haven’t really heard anything after Feelgood (except for the singles). Recently I have finally listened to the Corabi album. It’s definitely the best of everything after 1989.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 6:43 pm

"Punched in the Teeth By Love" is a great song, like old Crue, but beyond that the album isn't very good. Maybe closer to their older stuff than Generation Swine, but the songs are just boring.

Saints of Los Angeles is way better, and even that one isn't all that good.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 9:45 pm

It’s ok for what it is.Some alright songs on it. It was on par with that time frame. Nothing great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: new tattoo   Motley Crue: new tattoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue: new tattoo
Page 1 of 1