Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Todd Jaymz
thejokeriv
candlemass
Shiney
rattpoison
Temple of Blood
mc666
ultmetal
nevermore
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:44 am

I'm not too sure about this collaboration because to me Warrior Soul had a bit of a Saigon Kick sound which is completely different from what Trouble does and the lyrical content is nothing like what Kory is known for.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:50 am

Somebody on Trog's board pointed out that Kory trying to sing some of the Wagner classics live might not sound so good. I agree. Again, I think it could be a dynamic combo if they just started from scratch rather than continuing Trouble.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:11 am

Actually they should get Kyle Thomas back in the band.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Ugh...well, I guess it doesn't matter much to me, as I was never a big Trouble fan. I kind of liked Warrior Soul, but I just don't hear Clarke's vocals working in Trouble.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:19 am

Just found this rare old video of Trouble. It's gonna be hard to imagine anyone replacing Eric Wagner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2eBz8as2Wo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am

This clip comes courtesy of Troublezone.

Kory fronting Trouble live in San Francisco just a couple of days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghL4aBwo0_k

I don't know about you guys but it's looking and sounding great from here.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:22 am

rattpoison wrote:

That's why i'm pissed i missed the show in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 am

rattpoison wrote:

It was great until Kory started singing. Oh and the song title is At The End of My DAZE. The end of a once mighty band is in process.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 am

Aside from the vocals being very low in the live sound...I think it's sounds great...I think a studio effort is gonna be killer...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 am

No doubt the audio isn't great, but i really really look forward to a studio album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:52 am

I'm gonna reserve judgment till I hear a studio recording with Kory on vox.

As for the video, I suppose it could be better, but it could be worse too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Decent, but I have to hear a better recording to really decide, the vocals are just too low in that.

And, I actually liked Plastic Green Head quite a bit. Simple Mind Condition I could care less about however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:15 pm

It sounds good from what I can hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 pm

I'll be seeing the band in Austin next Tuesday, looking forward to hearing the new lineup.

I've been a Trouble fan since 1984, bought Psalm 9 not long after it was released. Of course I'll miss Eric, but I've heard through some insider information that he's had some major substance abuse issues over the years and has never been very reliable (hence 12 years between albums).
Simple Mind Condition was finished as far back as 2005...all except for the vocal tracks which evidently took a very long time to complete.

I don't think you can blame the band for the problem with Escapi Music, I'm pretty sure promises were made and then never backed up. At this point I think they just need to look forward, tour a little bit and then get a new album recorded and released. Inside Out would be a good label for this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 pm

detuned wrote:

I don't think you can blame the band for the problem with Escapi Music, I'm pretty sure promises were made and then never backed up.

Yeah but who can I blame for putting out a pretty dull album? The band. Simple Mind Condition is even more bland than Plastic Green Head was, and that's saying something. Too bad they are dredging on intent on ruining what legacy they still have. Eric Wagner was wise to jump ship, methinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Granted, Simple Mind Condition is a little on the "same old, same old" side, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as the general consensus here thinks. No, it's not a "classic" Trouble album, but I've heard much worse over the years. Every band releases a disappointing record now and again...but to write them off entirely is a bit premature I think.

I actually hope that Bruce gets the chance to record another Supershine record, he's indicated that he'd like to if him and Doug can get their schedules to line up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:00 pm

detuned wrote:
No, it's not a "classic" Trouble album, but I've heard much worse over the years. Every band releases a disappointing record now and again.

I agree totally. But to wait 12 years to lay another egg seems like it wasn't even worth them getting back together. Trouble was a top favorite of mine until last year after I forked over 30 bucks for "PGH II:Electric Suckaloo". No thanks, I'll save my money from now on.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:37 am

Trouble have just released a live recording with Kory on their myspace...

Come Touch The Sky (Live)
http://www.myspace.com/troublechicago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 am

I think Kory gargles with battery acid.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 am

detuned wrote:
I think Kory gargles with battery acid.

I'm sure he's gargled worse....but his voice is damn caustic...in a good way.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:33 pm

It's not terrible but will take getting used to. I wish Eric would return though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:57 am

Trouble has released an "official bootleg" of a show from L.A. with
Kory Clarke on vox... it's available from CDBaby (tho it's only a
CD-R)... info and samples can be found hereabouts:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/troubletunes

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3