Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Todd Jaymz
thejokeriv
candlemass
Shiney
rattpoison
Temple of Blood
mc666
ultmetal
nevermore
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Empty
PostSubject: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and went "what the HELL?" Talk about news coming out of nowhere... at first I thought "what an odd combo," but since I'm a massive Trouble fan as well as a giant Warrior Soul/Kory Clarke fanboy, I'm psyched to hear what this collaboration will bring. How this will affect Kory's current Warrior Soul lineup, or his involvement with The Stoned (who just released a debut EP), remains to be seen, I guess.

Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL has joined legendary Illinois doomsters TROUBLE as the group's new frontman.

The news comes as the band returns to its Chicago base following a successful European tour.

TROUBLE founder and guitarist Rick Wartell explains: "It was a mutual agreement [between now-former TROUBLE singer Eric Wagner and the rest of the band to go our separate ways]. You need to follow your heart in this business and if you are not into it 100% then it is time to move on. We all felt it was the best thing for all parties involved. There are no hard feelings. I'm sure Eric will continue making music and we wish him the best."

Wartell went on to say: "We are very excited to have Kory step in and take over the vocals for TROUBLE. He's been one of my favorite frontmen in this industry for many years. He will add a new dimension that we can use. It's not like we just picked out some guy to fill in, this is one of rock's most dynamic and creative frontmen in the industry. I know that when TROUBLE fans get a taste of what Kory does they will not be disapointed at all. Anyone who has seen Kory with WARRIOR SOUL already knows what to expect, and it's awesome."

To catch an early glimpse of the new TROUBLE lineup, sign up for the TROUBLE live webcast, to be held on July 11, 2008 at www.deeprockdrive.com and see for yourself from the privacy of your own computer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 02, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Wow!!!! Don't how this will end up working out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Ugh! Why even bother. Call it a day. Eric Wagner is the un-replaceable voice of Trouble.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:15 pm

I was just thinking does anyone remember when Kyle Thomas of Exhorder sang for Trouble.

But I don't think Trouble's problems lie with Eric. They are with Escapi Records. They never did release Simple Mind Condition in the States and now have scrapped all plans of a U.S. release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:08 pm

nevermore wrote:
I was just thinking does anyone remember when Kyle Thomas of Exhorder sang for Trouble.

I never heard them when Kyle was briefly in the band but had heard from some people who'd seen that short lived lineup that he was actually a pretty good fit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ugh! Why even bother. Call it a day.
agreed. Trouble is over & done as far as i'm concerned.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Makes as much sense as Kyle Thomas, who is very good in his own right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Crap! No way he can replace Eric.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Totally knocked me sideways, i don't like many out and out heavy metal bands but Trouble and Warrior Soul would be in my top 5 heavy metal bands.

So this is awesome but iffy, maybe the band should call themselves something else. And head in a new direction maybe.

This is one out of the box but i'm very excited to hear what they come up with, i'm pretty sure it's going to be something of high quality.

I say embrace this, this collaboration might turn out a brilliant record.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:48 pm

.....MIGHT.....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Shiney wrote:
.....MIGHT.....

Well it's better than not.

Am i the only one here who is excited about a hyperactive Ian Curtis derivative fronting Black Sabbath with a huge case of the Roky Erickson's.

This is unprecedented, the results will be incendiary none the less.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Or it will be the auditory equivalent to s teaming pile of runny mess left behind by a sick dog...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ugh! Why even bother. Call it a day. Eric Wagner is the un-replaceable voice of Trouble.

Most people never thought Ozzy would be replaced in Sabbath, Messiah in Candlemass, now this.....yet.......doom lives on! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Agree
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:36 pm

candlemass wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Most people never thought Ozzy would be replaced in Sabbath, Messiah in Candlemass, now this.....yet.......doom lives on! 🤘

Agreed ... at least with the Ozzy part. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Bad news. For everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:03 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Am i the only one here who is excited about a hyperactive Ian Curtis derivative fronting Black Sabbath with a huge case of the Roky Erickson's.

This is unprecedented, the results will be incendiary none the less.

Soooo... Rattpoison and I are the only ones who are stoked about this??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Trouble was never that good, anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Trouble's last real good album was Manic Frustration?

I used to LOVE this band. They lost something over the last 2 records. Now they are taking Kory from a possible new Warrior Soul record to hop onto the sinking ship known as Trouble? Bad move if you ask me. Trouble can't get arrested in America much less get a record deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:15 pm

I always loved Eric's voice...it fit so well...I'm sure Kory Clarke will do a great job since Rick & Bruce wouldn't choose a slacker to replace Eric freakin' Wagner....I'm leary, but I'm hopeful....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Quote :
the sinking ship known as Trouble?

Maybe it was sinking because of Eric? We'll probably never know...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
the sinking ship known as Trouble?

Maybe it was sinking because of Eric? We'll probably never know...

This bit from Blabbermouth awhile back leads me to believe that Eric Wagner might have some, shall we say, "issues."

TROUBLE Singer: 'The Truth Is I've Been Feelin' Like Sh*t For A Very Long Time' - Mar. 10, 2008

Vocalist Eric Wagner of the Chicago doom legends TROUBLE has
posted the following message on his MySpace page:
"Just wanted to say 'hey' and to apologize for not keeping up with all of you on TROUBLE's and my own [MySpace page]. As a matter of fact, I had to blow mine up and start over. I hope that we can all still be friends.

"Please, be patient with me. I'm not very good with computers. I mean, we get along, but I would never go out for a beer with one and besides, it doesn't help matters none that I don't have a computer right now.

"Recently, I visited both sites at a friend's and Ifound that a lot of you were asking me how I was doin'. I really appreciated it and I started to wonder if there was a reason for your concern or was it just your way of saying 'Hi.'

"The truth is I've been feelin' like sh*t for a very long time. My mind, body, and soul felt like they were all goin' in different directions. Then one day, I met someone who said they could help me become one again, and for the first time in my life, something is working. I thought that I would turn you on to it if you need so for your very own customized, natural treatment for your mind and body (you'll need God for the soul part), go to this location and take the Nutri-Physical.

"I'm not all the way there yet. My body has some catching up to do, but it's getting better every day. I know that everything is goin' to be okay."

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 02, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Trouble can't get arrested in America much less get a record deal.

True, but neither can Warrior Soul. So either way, both sides of the equation (Kory and Trouble) got nuthin' to lose by trying.

I'm with Rattpoison on this one. A Trouble record fronted by Kory Clarke could be brilliant. It could also be a steaming fusterclucking train wreck. But either way, it'll be interesting...and "interesting" is not a word I would've used to describe the rather dull SIMPLE MIND CONDITION record!!

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks Trouble's last real good album was Manic Frustration?
no, you are not alone in that thought.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:22 pm

mc666 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
no, you are not alone in that thought.

I didn't think PLASTIC GREEN HEAD was bad, but as mentioned in my earlier post, I thought SIMPLE MIND CONDITION was pretty dull. Definitely not worth the 12 year wait. After one listen I was like "Maybe they shouldn't have bothered."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???   TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE has a new singer... and it's KORY CLARKE???
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next