Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..

Go down 
+18
thejokeriv
DeathMasqueRed
Muloc7253
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
bgast1
zombiewalkin
DeathCult
nevermore
Wargod
the sentinel
Invader
scottmitchell74
Vordul
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26452

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm

I have a copy of Appetite For Destruction with the robot rape scene cover.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland Very Happy

I've actually read that Hendrix himself wanted the cover changed because he said he didn't need sex to sell his music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Hey DC! The "IT" clown. Cool!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Yep Pennywise in the flesh, sort of. Happens to be my favorite book of all time. Tim Curry makes the whole movie worth watching

We all float down here Scotty.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:16 pm

The strange thing here is that this might be an American thing, as I am way more familiar with those alledgedly cencored covers. The G'n'R one is still pretty regular here, the Scorpions Lovedrive one is the only one I've ever seen here in Norway, and even the Bon Jovi one was quite regular in the vinyl days.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
The strange thing here is that this might be an American thing, as I am way more familiar with those alledgedly cencored covers. The G'n'R one is still pretty regular here, the Scorpions Lovedrive one is the only one I've ever seen here in Norway, and even the Bon Jovi one was quite regular in the vinyl days.

The only time I had actually seen the Bon Jovi one was when they put it out on CD.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:37 pm

I had a chance to buy Slippery When Wet on cassette when it came out. It had the original cover but I had friends with me who would joked me out of existence for buying a Bon Jovi album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:42 pm

kmorg wrote:

American kids would be ruined by the site of a nekked booby. It's obviously worked. America's youth has never been finer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:53 pm

(trying to figure out this image hosting stuff.....)

The original cover of Dream Theater's Live Scenes From New York, which, ironically, was released on September 11, 2001. I was fortunate enough to find a used copy of the original version.

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Dreamtheaterlivescenesfiv3.th
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:34 pm

Quote :
Happens to be my favorite book of all time.

Top - 5 for me, too!

It only gets banned/altered if it's metal.

Have you seen Rap, Tejano, Dub, Reggae and some other album covers??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Slayer's God Hates Us All before:

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 1182271975_kopija_slayer__god_hates_us_all_a1

and after:

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 SLAYER
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:37 pm

I had that Beatle album back in the day. I just steamed off the pasted on cover. Too bad I don't have it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Never understood the Poison cover. It's bizarre, but what's so offensive about the tongue?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Iron Maiden's No Prayer for the Dying has the guy on the far right being grabbed by Eddie removed for some reason.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:54 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
(trying to figure out this image hosting stuff.....)

The original cover of Dream Theater's Live Scenes From New York, which, ironically, was released on September 11, 2001. I was fortunate enough to find a used copy of the original version.

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Dreamtheaterlivescenesfiv3.th

I also have that cover. I picked it up used for a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:08 pm

I have the Bon Jovi original cover on a tour book from the SWW tour back in 1986. I never knew until a few years ago that that was the original cover. I also heard that it was pulled by the band because of the girl's pink nail polish and the pink outline around the cover, not for the fact that her large wet rack was featured prominently. But, I could be wrong. Peace.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Found this on the Beatles

When Capitol Records created a new Beatles album by assembling various leftover tracks and releasing them as a record entitled "Yesterday And Today" on June 15, 1966, the phenomenon was nothing new. In the 18-month period between January 1964 and June 1966, Capitol Records (and the United Artists record label) managed to release nearly twice as many Beatles albums in America as had been issued by Britain's EMI Parlophone, the Beatles' home label. Capitol (and UA) had accomplished this feat through a variety of means: issuing fewer songs per album (typically 11, as opposed to 14 on UK LPs), adding tracks released as singles (typically not included on UK albums), and padding film soundtracks with instrumental versions of songs

So the Beatles were protesting there lp's being butchered, meaning songs being removed, not the lp covers. Take 3 or 4 songs off back to back lp's add a single & presto a new Beatles lp.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 7:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Beatles were tired of the record company "butchering" their album covers, and thus this cover was born.

Another, which I won't put up a picture of is
SCORPIONS - Virgin Killer
Has to be one the most tasteless covers EVER! What person in his right mind would say, "a naked child with cracked glass over her genitals, hey now that's good art"?

I read that it was not the band's idea. They said they simply wanted "something controversial", and that's what the record label executive used for the cover. At least two band members regret using that as the album cover, Klaus Meine and Ulrich Roth.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:04 pm

I know a number of Cannible Corpse album covers were cencored (probably for a good reason IMO). Also Deicide's Once Upon A Cross which origionally had a depiction of Jesus on an autopsy table had a cencored cover where a sheet was layed over the body (of course it didn't matter because I wouldn't buy it either way).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:14 am

DeathCult wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Yep Pennywise in the flesh, sort of. Happens to be my favorite book of all time. Tim Curry makes the whole movie worth watching

We all float down here Scotty.

He looks pretty damn harmless in that picture though.
Back to top Go down
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Exodus' "Pleasures of the Flesh" had this for it's original cover

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 7e41_1

It appears on the picture disc, and this is the best image of it I've found. i've been looking for a decent version of this cover for years, and have never found anything other than a crappy picture of the picture disc. i guess it was deemed to graphic, but it's incredibly tame compared to other violent album covers. so they chose this

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Exodus_-_Pleasures_of_the_Flesh
Back to top Go down
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:41 pm

nevermind. i actually found one. unbelievable! although the bottom is cut off. you can't see the head boiling in the pot

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 PleasuresOfTheFlesh
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:34 pm

[url=https://servimg.com/view/11838013/13]BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Cover_10[/urlHotter Than Hell

Well, the back cover of Hotter Than Hell for the "explict" images
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:36 pm

For non-metal, 1999 by Prince - he might as well have called Sausagefest 1999
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:30 pm

Deathrow had a name change and an album cover art change.

First it was "Riders of Doom" with this cover art
BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Deathrowridersofdoom1986gf6

Then it was changed to "Satan's Gift with this cover art
BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Cov2668
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..   BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BANNED!!! Album covers that were censored, banned, changed..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next